Welcome to the APBWeb.
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

Any Landscapers??

Each year i try to do something different around the house as far as landscaping.
    I love working around the yard, mowing, weed eating ect..

Last year i bought all new landscape block for the front of the house. I spent more than i really wanted to, i got a pallet of the red retaining wall block for $450.00.

This year i would love to rip out the back yard, and put all NEW sod down.
    Since the day i bought this house, like in 2000, i have had a helluva time growing grass in the back yard. There was 2 huge ass pine trees in the back yard, which i paid to have cut down, and the stumps removed last summer.(now i have alot of sunlight) This year i would like to Buy new sod, put in a pond/ water fall ect..

The problem i am having is finding a place around here that has rolled Sod for sale.

Does any one have any good suggestions, or places that they deal with that has rolled sod?

Ive tried planting grass seed for the last three years, it just isnt working.

I have a scheduled appointment in may to have a company installing the white vinyl fence around the back yard. I would like to get this done before they arrive.

thanks in advanced!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    I know its not as easy, but you may try and find sod squares. Its a little harder to install but I have seen it around a lot more often than the rolled sod. Let us know how it turns out and show us some pics.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    I know its not as easy, but you may try and find sod squares. Its a little harder to install but I have seen it around a lot more often than the rolled sod. Let us know how it turns out and show us some pics.
    Hell, that would be great to. I just cant find anyone around here that has SOD period. They all have the fake green shit they lay down, to help the grass seed grow.

i swear every idea i come up with, always has to have a fucking snag

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    We actually went through the company that our builder used. Our house is only 6yrs old and that was 2 yrs ago. Not sure if that is something you can do. Otherwise our local places like Home Depot and Lowe's sells it. You may even find some at nurseries.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Make sure you lime the soil - evergreens would have turned it acidic.

Learned that the hard way, mind you.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Make sure you lime the soil - evergreens would have turned it acidic.

Learned that the hard way, mind you.
    Yeah we did that last year when we had the trees cut down.
    A friend brought over a zero turn tractor with some type of euipment on front of it, and churned the soil when we did that.

Its just been a fucking muddy mess since then.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Are you laying the sod yourself? Do you have access to the machine to lay the rolled sod?

While rolled sod is a hell of a lot quicker to lay, if you have the machine, I actually preferred laying the sod by hand.

It seemed like I could sod a yard by hand faster than dicking with the rolls of sod. Especially when it comes to cutting in around the house and other such stuff.

Not knowing where you are, I can't help you with where to get sod.

Good luck, and for the right price, I'd help you with your landscaping. I actually miss doing that stuff.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    ummmm have you tried watering the grass once in awhile
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    ummmm have you tried watering the grass once in awhile
    I think that's his problem...he's tried the grass once in a while.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Fertilize X5,coming from the land of pine trees(hell we even have one on our patch),I can tell you,a pine has a tap root(main one) that goes down as far as the tree goes up.The problem comes from the fact that they have so many "surface" roots,that run just under the surface of the soil(inch or two,go turn your shovel up where the tree was),and totally delete the soil of all nutrients,it is almost impossible to grow anything there.Try tilling the soil first,than fertilize,than till again.The first tilling is to kill/break up,the surface roots of the pine tree,the second would be to till the fertilizer into the soil.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Any Landscapers?

No I just hire Lazy Fed's cousins to do that stuff for me.

"Stupid should hurt."

jim dandy is offline Jim Dandy, Black Oak Arkansas
    Dito on the lime to the soil. I took out 1 very large pine tree, had the soil tested. I was told to get 6 lbs of lime and have it tilled into the area.

Verified LEO
    WooHoo,

I have finally found a place that sells Sod, and its cheap as hell!

After fucking with the local nurseries, them telling me i will be paying $0.85 a square foot for cod, i found a Sod farm only a hour away.

$0.23 a square foot,

If i order more than a 900 sq, then it drops down to .21 sq.

I ordered 1000 square feet of Sod, and the total is $210.00.
    thats fucking awesome.
    I can pick it up in three weeks, when they cut it, sooner if it dries up quicker(to wet for the machine to cut it).

I am so freaken happy. After hereing assholes quoteing me .75, and .85 a sq, they i hear this voice that sounded like she would melt in my hand and, well nevermind, but anyway, i gots it ordered.

thanks all for you input.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    WooHoo,

I have finally found a place that sells Sod, and its cheap as hell!

After fucking with the local nurseries, them telling me i will be paying $0.85 a square foot for cod, i found a Sod farm only a hour away.

$0.23 a square foot,

If i order more than a 900 sq, then it drops down to .21 sq.

I ordered 1000 square feet of Sod, and the total is $210.00.
    thats fucking awesome.
    I can pick it up in three weeks, when they cut it, sooner if it dries up quicker(to wet for the machine to cut it).

I am so freaken happy. After hereing assholes quoteing me .75, and .85 a sq, they i hear this voice that sounded like she would melt in my hand and, well nevermind, but anyway, i gots it ordered.

thanks all for you input.
    if you took my advice, you would have save $210.00
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jim dandy View Post
    Dito on the lime to the soil. I took out 1 very large pine tree, had the soil tested. I was told to get 6 lbs of lime and have it tilled into the area.
    I spread out lime every winter. The stuff is cheap and makes fertilizer more effective throughout the year.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information