Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barber Shop

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Barber Shop

When I moved last Spring, I found it necessary to find a new barber, one that is closer to my new house. The barber that I had been going to since I could remember was now about a 40 minute drive away from my new house. He is also getting up in age and had been talking about retiring soon, and has cut back his hours to about 1/2 a week. So I figured it was time to find someone new to cut my hair.

What a pain in the ass it has been to find a REAL BARBER. Not a "stylist," working at a hair "salon." WTF happend to the real barbers in this world?

I miss going to my old barber where I didn't need an appointment, didn't have to try to explain how I want my hair cut (he knew what I wanted done), and he wasn't afraid to clean up the edges with a straight razor. It was only $10, and included some good conversation with a group of gentlemen from all ages and walks of life.

WTF is this world coming to? Am I just old fashioned about this?

I need a frickin hair cut and am getting pissed because I can hardly ever find time to make an appointment.

I keep my hair pretty short but I don't look good "bald" otherwise I would shave my head myself.

Anybody else have this problem, or am I just on the rag again?

/rant off.

"Stupid should hurt."

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I go to a real barber shop in the RO area. Nice guy, knows me by name (even after I didn't go there for a few years while I shaved my head/lived away from home), straight razors ya, etc etc.

Only thing is, he is getting up there, and I've noticed he isn't as precise as he used to be...once in a while I'll have to even out my sideburns (or lack thereof). Maybe my ears are just crooked.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    No, I don't have that problem but you just reminded me that I need to make a hair appointment. Thanks, Hannibal.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I spend about $30 a year on pair of trimmers and do my own. Every now and then I'll go to this place that has SMOKEN HAWT chicks and let them rape me cut my hair for me. They charge a lot of money though.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I also have noticed it is getting tougher to find a barber.

When I can't find one anywhere else, I usually look around the military installations - there is ALWAYS one there.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I also have noticed it is getting tougher to find a barber.

When I can't find one anywhere else, I usually look around the military installations - there is ALWAYS one there.

I only go to the base quarterly when we shoot for quals. My fro would be way too overgrown to wait that long between cuts!

Maybe I can go to a local pet shop and asked to be groomed.

"Stupid should hurt."

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Maybe I can go to a local pet shop and asked to be groomed.
    They would probably say that they don't accept animals that ugly
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I have the same Problem I HATE making an appointment you are supposed to go in sit down and wait in line then get your hair cut.

I found a girl who did a decent job and every time I would go to get a cut she had moved to a new store.

The only "Barber" shops in my area would be a who's who of 50% my recent arrests and 50% wanted persons in the area. Not Quite who I want close to my head with anything sharp.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlaw View Post
    I have the same Problem I HATE making an appointment you are supposed to go in sit down and wait in line then get your hair cut.

I found a girl who did a decent job and every time I would go to get a cut she had moved to a new store.

The only "Barber" shops in my area would be a who's who of 50% my recent arrests and 50% wanted persons in the area. Not Quite who I want close to my head with anything sharp.
    There is a new trend in my area, and one that I'm gonna try when my barber finally retires. Its a guy's kinda place, but not a "cheap hookers cut hair and wave their boobs in your face for money," type place.

You walk in and they say, "you want a beer, pop, coffee, or water?" while you're waiting you can play pool, and iirc, darts. Or you can kick back and watch one of the 10 or 15 HDTV's they have in the place. Then when they have an opening they call ya up

all for $20
    --

Ender

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you are having trouble finding barbers, go to the ghetto. There's a barber shop on every block here.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'm with you Hannibal. You just can't find an old style "Guys" barbershop anymore.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Firing_Pin View Post
    If you are having trouble finding barbers, go to the ghetto. There's a barber shop on every block here.
    Hence the beginning of my problem. I moved out of the ghetto and now I can't find a decent barbershop!

"Stupid should hurt."

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    My favorite barber is Dapples,we got a set of clippers from Sams,that come with depth guides,I found the one I am comfortable with and she went to town,and gets better each time.Her best friend is a "stylist",and she keeps pushing me in that direction to help her out,but I prefer Daps.
    ]

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Look for places run by The Barbershop & Co. In my experience, they're pretty reasonable, and they're BARBERS. Walk in, look around, see who's already there, and when the barber says "who's next", look to see if any of the folks that were there when you walked in are still around. Then get up...

No appointments, no stylists... They do have a sink for washing hair -- and I think it's been used once.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    My favorite barber is Dapples,we got a set of clippers from Sams,that come with depth guides,I found the one I am comfortable with and she went to town,and gets better each time.Her best friend is a "stylist",and she keeps pushing me in that direction to help her out,but I prefer Daps.

Flattery will not get you a haircut...Please call Mary Ann

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    My barber is in a small 1 man shop, his own, cost $7.00 for a hair cut, I have been going to him for about 7 years and he is an old friend, we were Drill Sergeants together. I would not want to have to find another one.
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Hence the beginning of my problem. I moved out of the ghetto and now I can't find a decent barbershop!
    Have you checked little strip malls?

We have a little barbershop in the same strip mall as my grocery store. Otherwise, you might try a Supercuts - they get trained in the basics, and you don't need an appointment.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by AlDeputy View Post
    My barber is in a small 1 man shop, his own, cost $7.00 for a hair cut, I have been going to him for about 7 years and he is an old friend, we were Drill Sergeants together. I would not want to have to find another one.

Sounds like my kind of place.

"Stupid should hurt."

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    That's why I went to Target and bought me a Flowbee
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    That's why I went to Target and bought me a Flowbee
    It shows.

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information