Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Why Izzit?

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Why Izzit?

Or perhaps I should say, how is it that some businesses do good and prosper, while others usually do lousy and just get by and eventually fold up? IMO, the secret is in how the business is run and operated. If the owner, president, CEO, administrator, boss or what ever, doesn't take a personal and hands on interest in his/her business, whether it's a bank, hardware store, restaurant, pharmacy, hotel, juke joint or a forum that business usually doesn't do well. It's great and it helps for a company to have a friendly and qualified staff of employees who chat and joke with their customers. However, nothing can replace a boss who personally keeps his/her eyes on things and comes out periodically with a big smile on his face and chats, jokes and takes part in conversations with the customers.
    When I walk into a bank and am greeted with a smile by one of the tellers it helps to brighten the day, but when the president walks up shakes your hand and chats, it seems to make it a little more brighter.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    No one wants to do business with a faceless entity. When everyone from the boss on down is friendly and personable, it makes you feel better about spending (or entrusting) your money with them. It also grants a feeling of personalized service that you don't get any other way. My customers appreciate the service I give (no jokes, please) and that's what keeps them coming back.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Aw, come on Ducky, it's OK to tell this kind of a joke.

While recently waiting in line at the bank, I developed a very loud case of hiccups. Try as I might, I could not rid myself of them or conceal the embarrassing noise, and by the time I reached the teller's window, the hiccups seemed to have actually worsened.
    The teller took my personal check I wished to cash and proceeded to run a computer verification of my account.

After a minute she looked up from her terminal with a frown and said that she would be unable to cash my check.

"Oh? What's wrong" I asked, getting slightly worried and beginning to feel a bit of anxiety creeping up my spine.

"I'm sorry, sir," she replied, "but our computer indicates that you do not have sufficient funds to cover this amount. As a matter of fact," she continued, "our records show your account overdrawn in excess of $5000."

"You have to be kidding!!!!" I said.

After a short pause she smiled. "Yes, I am," she answered and began to cash the check.

"But you will notice that your hiccups are gone."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Or perhaps I should say, how is it that some businesses do good and prosper, while others usually do lousy and just get by and eventually fold up? IMO, the secret is in how the business is run and operated. If the owner, president, CEO, administrator, boss or what ever, doesn't take a personal and hands on interest in his/her business, whether it's a bank, hardware store, restaurant, pharmacy, hotel, juke joint or a forum that business usually doesn't do well. It's great and it helps for a company to have a friendly and qualified staff of employees who chat and joke with their customers. However, nothing can replace a boss who personally keeps his/her eyes on things and comes out periodically with a big smile on his face and chats, jokes and takes part in conversations with the customers.
    When I walk into a bank and am greeted with a smile by one of the tellers it helps to brighten the day, but when the president walks up shakes your hand and chats, it seems to make it a little more brighter.
    Term's avatar has a big smile on its face, does that count?

You will find that "Terminator" does take quite an interest in this forum and interacts with all here in one way or another.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information