Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

The keys to creating a successful website

It's something that is far harder than it looks, as some can attest to. Creating a successful website involves many factors, I thought I would share with you a few of those factors that you MUST have to be a successful website:

#1: PASSION
    Passion. It's a demonic compulsiveness. It's what fires up any creative person, something that gets you angry, or something you love and want to share. It's ambition, and a vision for your future. That vision leads to setting both short-term and long-term goals. If you're in this for a quick buck, or come off as disingenuous, it will be known quickly.

#2: ABILITY TO ACCEPT A RISK
    No one can succeed without taking a risk. Risk avoidance (eg: copying others work or ideas, or not providing something special or different) is a sure way to remain mediocre or fail; being safe does not promote personal growth. Failure or making a mistake is not a bad thing; it's proof you were exploring new ways to do something, and that's better than safe success. We learn from our mistakes, not our successes. Really creative people embrace risk.

#3: HIGH SELF-ESTEEM
    You must think highly of yourself and your abilities. Not that you must be boastful or egotistical, but you must have an honest understanding of your talents, weaknesses and the ability to work off of those talents and weaknesses.

#4: PERSISTENCE
    How long is long enough? If it takes 10 years, then so be it.
    Persistence takes discipline. Discipline is simply doing what you know you need to do, even though you don't feel like doing it. You must have a 'can-do' attitude, not a defeated one. The first thing is knowing what to do. Most people do not know.

#5: BEING NICE TO WORK WITH
    Why is being nice important? Because it will be other people who will help you acquire the craft, help you discover and develop your vision, give you a job, introduce you to opportunities. People want to help others, but only if they show a willingness to work, to contribute and are nice to have around. People want to have positive, enthusiastic people around, people who will solve problems, not create them.

#6: WHO YOU KNOW
    If you're nice to work with, the next will follow. You need to know and be known by people who will help you, work with you, and give you advice. The following types of people are important to know:

A) People who know your limits and your potential

B) Your friends

C) People who are successful in their careers who can look at your work, your process and your career and give you valuable feedback, feedback you will accept and follow.

D) A master with whom you have established a working relationship, someone who is wiser, accomplished and will help you understand the limits and possibilities of your projects, your process and your creative life.

#7: MASTER YOUR CRAFT Learn a craft, so you have a tool with which to earn a living. If you have a skill, ability or expertise, you become an immediate asset to the team. If you don't have a skill, ability, or expertise, you make yourself replaceable.

8: TALENT You have to have some of it, but you do not need a lot. Too much talent is often a handicap. Things come too easily and there is little incentive to push, to make use of the talent. Surround yourself with positive, and successful people.

A talent is the natural ability to do something extraordinary. We all can do a lot, but some people have been gifted with talents that go beyond what others can do. What are you talented at? Why do you stand out?

Success is not a matter of being talented. A little bit of talent, combined with the other keys, will lead you to success. Plenty of people are talented, but lack one or more of the other keys and they fail to succeed.
    Do not blame your lack of success on your lack of talent. It will be your attitude that will determine your altitude, not your talent or lack thereof.

And there you have it. What, did you think this stuff was easy?

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Good post Term with a lot of good information. You're a man with a lot of ambition, talent and everything it takes to becoming very successful in life, regardless of what profession or business you choose to make a career.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Wow, impressive!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good post.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    good post but you forgot to add RECA to the mix

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Go get him lol
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

baumshoe is offline Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    So True..Thanks to Term and Reca for a excellent website. The future is going to be very bright at O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    D) A master with whom you have established a working relationship, someone who is wiser, accomplished and will help you understand the limits and possibilities of your projects, your process and your creative life.
    I am very flattered to have been included...

(unlike Reca).

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I am very flattered to have been included...

(unlike Reca).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    good post but you forgot to add RECA to the mix

I could never run this site without you. Oh wait, that's right, I did, until I promoted you to be my Admin. Anyway, since you're grasping for straws, you do a great job, and you're my right hand man.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I would rather be your right than your left I have seen what you do with your left hand.

Thread Information