Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!

http://ww2.earthday.net/

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Thanks for letting us know Tree Hugger, granola oatmeal eater

Sorry Jenna it slipped
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jenna hugs trees?!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    lol cute drawing haha
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    I took a dump in our water free urinal to save water
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    not sure Jenna but that cat looks like it is on its way to destroying earth.. not celebrating it?
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nothing is more obstinate than a fashionable consensus.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Earth Day......aka Lenin's birthday. Environmentalism = Anti Capitalism and Lenin = Anti Capitalism....hmmmm see where I'm going with this?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Have the other planets sent a card yet, or has Uranus forgotten again!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sorry I know it's childish, but someone had to make a joke about Uranus Jenna. Please forgive me.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Earth Day......aka Lenin's birthday. Environmentalism = Anti Capitalism and Lenin = Anti Capitalism....hmmmm see where I'm going with this?
    I'd hate to hear what you think about Arbor Day!

Sometimes I think it's kinda funny how obstinate some of you guys are about conservation topics.

Maybe because I grew up on stories of rationing/recycling and victory gardens during WWII? Maybe because I grew up in a farming area, where people talked of planting trees for windbreaks to protect top-soil?

I grew up thinking it was my patriotic duty to protect and conserve our resources.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have no problem with protecting the environment. I have been a hunter/outdoorsman since childhood, yet I have listened to environmentalist demonize hunters for years. Combine that with environmentalists causing more harm to capitalism and people in respect to the amount of good they have actually done for the environment. This movement tends to attract professional protesters that don't have a grasp or care about the facts of the issues. People like to think that we [read people] control the environment. It makes people "feel" better to think that they are in control and that what they are doing matters. Global warming is a scam, period. The global patterns of our planet have next to nothing to do with us and mostly to do with solar patterns [sun spots ect]. It is a big topic that I don't want to type about, but you get my drift.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Hunters are environmentalists. Since the uneducated people of long ago killed most of the predators, man has had to take the place of the predator to control the prey population thereby ensuring that the food sources are not overextended. This results in a more healthy prey population.

Celebrate Earth Day!! Kill and eat an animal, it makes the rest of the herd more healthy and happy!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Celebrate Earth Day!! Kill and eat an animal, it makes the rest of the herd more healthy and happy!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I have no problem with protecting the environment. I have been a hunter/outdoorsman since childhood, yet I have listened to environmentalist demonize hunters for years. Combine that with environmentalists causing more harm to capitalism and people in respect to the amount of good they have actually done for the environment. This movement tends to attract professional protesters that don't have a grasp or care about the facts of the issues. People like to think that we [read people] control the environment. It makes people "feel" better to think that they are in control and that what they are doing matters. Global warming is a scam, period. The global patterns of our planet have next to nothing to do with us and mostly to do with solar patterns [sun spots ect]. It is a big topic that I don't want to type about, but you get my drift.
    Aren't you doing the same though? Aren't you lumping everyone together in one group? Environmentalists have been around a lot longer then the "global warming" theory has, and is made up of many diverse beliefs and backgrounds.

http://www.ecotopia.org/ehof/timeline.html

Like I said, for me it's patriotism and also from my faith. I believe we were given all that Earth produces (and I include gas/oil/coal/meat) but that we are charged with tending and protecting as well. I happen to think hunting falls under tending and protecting by the way, just like recycling and composting.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Since the fall of the Soviet Union anti Capitalist have migrated to the environmentialist movement. "Usuful Idiots" (Google it) that want to feel better about themselves have latched on without regard to the facts. Global Warmers/Environmentalists or whatever they are called have one thing in common. They slow economic developement and hinder economic prosperity. The feel good types that subscribe to the movement do it in most part based on emotion and not on fact. For example, ethanol is all the feel good rage right now. Food prices are about to hit the roof. You actually burn more ethanol than gasoline to produce the same amount of work. All of the summer blends of gasoline cause gas prices to rise. For what? To please the environmentalist.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The current environmental movement, ala Al Gore, is about destroying our economy and any capitalism on the planet. That's why they want to saddle our businesses with bogus carbon trading schemes. There is currently no crisis with the global environment. They quit calling it Global Warming and started calling it Climate Change because the warming suddenly stopped. Climate change is a natural process that has not stopped since the Earth was created and will continue regardless of human intervention. It's either going to get hotter, or colder, and then shift around the planet. The Sahara Desert was a tropical paradise not too long ago and it may become one again.

That being said, I'm thrilled that we don't pollute like we used to. If I could afford to coat my roof in solar cells and run my house off of the sun I would. In fact, it appears some new technology may make that possible soon.

The caveat is that this should be driven by capitalistic enterprise. When solar cells are cheaper than the electric company they will become popular. The government can't and should not impose it on us artificially.

We need to quit the "sky is falling" hysteria of the Al Gore crowd of environmentalism and let private business drive the economy of going Green. It will happen faster and work better if we leave the government out of it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    It will happen faster and work better if we leave the government out of it.
    When isn't this the case with just about everything?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information