Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: My mother

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

My mother

My mother passed away a little over a year ago and told me before she died that she wanted to be cremated and her ashes spread in a garden as she loved flowers, plants, shrubs and practically anything that grows in soil. She was far happier working in a garden than most folks would be going out to dinner and taking in a movie.
    I found a church close by that had a memory garden and after getting consent, even though she wasn't a member of the church, from it's pastor scattered her cremains in the garden.
    Last week after having a granite marker made I placed it in the garden where her ashes were spread.
    I figured it was the least I could do in remembrance for someone who had sat by my bedside all night when I was a kid suffering with asthma, sacrificed to buy me a new bike for Christmas, had my Dad to drive hot lunches to school which didn't have a cafeteria, lying awake half the night till I came in from partying, walked to the school in waste deep water after a hurricane had passed over worrying about our safety. These and for a thousand other things she did for my 2 brothers and me before she passed away.
    She also said and did a few funny things, such as when she told me she didn't know that a tin plate would sparkle when placed in a microwave oven and backing over her neighbor's (a deputy sheriff ) mail box so often that he got disgusted and moved it 50 feet away.
    After hearing of the service station sniper killings a few years ago she cautioned me every time I went to see her, to be careful when filling up, as gas stations are a dangerous place to be around (at almost 4 bucks a gallon they sure are)
    If you are lucky and still have your Mom, I would suggest that you give her a big hug and thank her for all that she has done for you because when she's gone, you're going to miss her.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yes I will.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    I lost my Mom almost three years ago. I regret never taking that time to thank her for all she had done for me.

Appreciate 'em while you have 'em. folks. They leave us way too soon. (That goes for Dad's too.)

Nice post. Thanks.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I lost my Mom a little over a year ago. She suffered many many years and was ill when Mav and I married. He never got to see her in better times. She stood by me through thick and thin. I hope I did the same for her. I was very seriously ill in my late 20's, she jumped in the back of an ambulance and held my hand as I was rushed to another city for treatment. I held hers as much and as long as I could during her last months of illness and at the end.

All those who have your Moms, hold them tight and hug em for those of us that cant hug our own!

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO

Unhappy

My mother's 70th birthday would have been this past Monday, April 28th. She was diagnosed with colon cancer on her birthday 10 years ago, and was dead four months later on August 13, 1998.
    My father passed away on February 15, 2004. He had Lou Gehrig's disease and Alzheimers. He walked away from home and got lost. He was found 5 hours later across the street. He never regained consciousness.
    I miss them everyday. They did everything for me. I have tears in my eyes while I type this.
    Thank you, Retmilleo909 for helping us remember our loved ones.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Good post. My Mom died about four years ago she got pretty batty towards the end made me mad and laugh at the the same time. She wanted to be cremated and wanted her ashes to be mixed with my brothers. We took them to a small stream and set them free together.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    thanks for your post, will do.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I lost my mom when I was 9. She had been in a long term care facility from when I was 6 months old. She had MS and sufferred a very long time. I never really knew her, but I always have missed her. My dad passed when I was 23 from cancer. We were very close and his death continues to sadden me. I agree with the others, hold your parents close, you never know when you will lose them. They are precious.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What you say is so true. I lost my dad in November of 1990 to lung and brain cancer. He had smoked cigarettes for over 40 yrs and after much consternation from the family, he decided to quit cold turkey in 1987 after retiring from 23 years working for the USDA as a meat and poultry inspector. Unfortunately the damage from smoking had taken its toll on his body and he passed three years later at the age of 66. His dying words to me were to quit smoking and to take care of my mom, which I did. I hope I took care of my mom well enough. As many of you know, I just lost my mom this last February to old age. Her heart finally gave out. I know she missed my dad terribly and after 18 years she went to join him. Through it all she did her best to keep a positive attitude, even though about 4 years ago we had to move back in with her. It was determined that she could no longer survive on her own so my wife and I tried our best to make her last years as enjoyable as we could. I miss them both every day. I yearn for my dads advice and my moms home cooking before my dad passed. Now all I have are memories.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information