Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

BlackBerry Phones

Do you have one??

Do you want one??

If you have one, what do you think of them??

My wife and I recently became BlackBerry owners.......I must admit a very good way to keep up to speed on your emails. I have my two personnel email addy's and my work email on it and I don't miss any emails any longer. Besides being a wonderful cell phone, we have the BlackBerry Curve II, does everything but take the garbage out.............LOL
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Had one for a previous contractor job, LOVED IT!

I can't justify the expense now
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have/had one...just don't run it over!

I loved mine when it worked. Only wish it could of recorded videos.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't have Cingular/AT&T but the gadget freak in me would love an iphone. A friend at work has one and it's pretty cool. Verizon has a knock off but I'd like to check it out before "upgrading" to it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Verizon "knockoff" is a whole lot more phone, You'd love it!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    I dont have a Blackberry but I have the t-mobile Dash, which is almost the same thing. I love being up to date with everything that is happening. I have my e-mail and full internet on there. Worth the little bit extra I pay per month of the service.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    The Verizon "knockoff" is a whole lot more phone, You'd love it!
    It looks pretty cool, I'd like some hands on time with it though.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have a BB and love it. At first I wasn't sure I could justify the browser/email package, but with my department discount and changing around my overall plan I'm cheaper than before. It's handy.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Man, I've been saying for a while that I'll NEVER get one. Now I'm three months into a 2 year contract with Verizon, and I would love to own a Pearl.

They're something like $450 without signing up for a contract though. I could justify $150, but NOT $450.

I was wondering what my options were, besides buying on ebay. They are badass little phones.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Man, I've been saying for a while that I'll NEVER get one. Now I'm three months into a 2 year contract with Verizon, and I would love to own a Pearl.

They're something like $450 without signing up for a contract though. I could justify $150, but NOT $450.

I was wondering what my options were, besides buying on ebay. They are badass little phones.

They really are. I've known two people who have dumped the Voyager within the initial 30 days in favor of a Pearl. My wife fell in love with mine, so she now has one as well.

I also have two personal email accounts, and work on mine. It's great to get my email right from the phone. The camera is great for a mobile phone, and with a memory card you can keep alot of info, whether it's mp3's, photos, videos, contacts, calendar entries, etc.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    They really are. I've known two people who have dumped the Voyager within the initial 30 days in favor of a Pearl. My wife fell in love with mine, so she now has one as well.

I also have two personal email accounts, and work on mine. It's great to get my email right from the phone. The camera is great for a mobile phone, and with a memory card you can keep alot of info, whether it's mp3's, photos, videos, contacts, calendar entries, etc.
    Stop convincing me!!!!!!

Main thing for me is work email. It is a cast iron bitch to get work email via computer when I'm on the road. Have to start the computer, sign in with this secure stupid ass code that changes all the time, etc etc.

My coworker hits two buttons on his phone and has his email before I get the fuckin computer started up
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Stop convincing me!!!!!!

Main thing for me is work email. It is a cast iron bitch to get work email via computer when I'm on the road. Have to start the computer, sign in with this secure stupid ass code that changes all the time, etc etc.

My coworker hits two buttons on his phone and has his email before I get the fuckin computer started up
    It's worth it man. Between that, and the BB messenger feature, it's sweet.

I even surf and post on O/R with it!

Convinced yet?

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    I think on my next upgrade, i'm going to get one..I was thinking about the voyager but I don't think it's worth all that money
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    i love my curve... don't know how i got along before i had it =/ GPS, emails, BB messenger, 4gb mem card, all kinds of fun stuff

oh yeah, did i mention you can watch movies on them too
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I have the Blackberry Pearl and very happy with it. Love keeping up with emails since I work long shifts. By the time I get home I am way too tired to check email.

I haven't been able to get on this site on it yet....
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I have the BB 8830 World Edition from Sprint. It's basically a Curve on steroids. My only problem is, it has no camera. It dumped the camera in favor of a better interface and GSM-network capability.

I love the free GPS, Google Maps, the capabilities, etc. I love everything about it. We should all exchange BB PIN numbers, or get ahold of eachother on messenger!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Ever banned anyone with it?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I have the BB 8830 World Edition from Sprint. It's basically a Curve on steroids. My only problem is, it has no camera. It dumped the camera in favor of a better interface and GSM-network capability.

I love the free GPS, Google Maps, the capabilities, etc. I love everything about it. We should all exchange BB PIN numbers, or get ahold of eachother on messenger!
    I'm down, pm sent with my pin.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Ever banned anyone with it?
    Not yet

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's worth it man. Between that, and the BB messenger feature, it's sweet.

Convinced yet?
    Yeah, I went and got one today. I'm really wondering if I shouldn't have gone with the Curve for the full size keyboard, but everybody tells me to give the Pearl a shot.

I love small phones, and the Pearl is tiny compared to the curve. I guess I'll just practice with the keyboard and see how I feel....
    --

Ender

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information