Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Good news!!! Gas Prices will be coming down...

Crude oil inventories have been building since the beginning of the year and there are significant drilling projects starting soon in Saudi Arabia, and large offshore fields in Nigeria.
    They are now predicting prices at $83 a barrel in 2009 and as low as $70 in 2010. In view of this gas at the pumps will be dropping back into the $2.00-$2.50 per gallon range. Wouldn't it be GREAT?
    Although, a few years off, Brazil has found as much as 8 billion barrels of oil and gas in offshore drilling.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Crude oil inventories have been building since the beginning of the year and there are significant drilling projects starting soon in Saudi Arabia, and large offshore fields in Nigeria.
    For a small personal guarantee of $5,000 from each of us, the Nigerians are promising $10 per barrel oil.

Seriously though, we need to build more refineries. It doesn't matter if we have all the cheap oil in the world if we can't reasonably process it into gas.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    For a small personal guarantee of $5,000 from each of us, the Nigerians are promising $10 per barrel oil.

Seriously though, we need to build more refineries. It doesn't matter if we have all the cheap oil in the world if we can't reasonably process it into gas.
    I completely agree.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Something has GOT to give. I never thought I would be seriously considering a scooter or cheap motorcycle to get around gas prices. AND I RARELY LEAVE THE CITY LIMITS!!!! I gave a cashier a 10 the other day to get gas in a can for my mower, told him I was just getting a couple of gallons and it would not take it all. It took it all.

Sorry, but I feel better now.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

deputyc5 is offline deputyc5
    One of the PD's in our county is asking the patrolman to pay for the gas to and from work in their take home cars. There budget is blown.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I was looking around today and wondering who really uses Mid-Grade gas? Is there really a need to produce three grades of gasoline?

Why not make 87 octane and 93 octane. Most cars call for 87 octane and there are a few high performance cars that require the 93 octane. The gas companies could boost production of the 87 if they just dropped the Mid-Grade. Around here I have seen in a lot of places they are charging the same for Mid-Grade as they are for Premium.

Just my $.02, which by the way I want in saving if one of the gas company executives reads this and then suddenly comes up with a bright idea.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post
    I was looking around today and wondering who really uses Mid-Grade gas? Is there really a need to produce three grades of gasoline?

Why not make 87 octane and 93 octane. Most cars call for 87 octane and there are a few high performance cars that require the 93 octane. The gas companies could boost production of the 87 if they just dropped the Mid-Grade. Around here I have seen in a lot of places they are charging the same for Mid-Grade as they are for Premium.

Just my $.02, which by the way I want in saving is one of the gas company executives reads this and then suddenly comes up with a bright idea.
    You are not alone. I also hate the over twenty total different summer blends that some states mandate. There should be two kinds of gosoline: 87 and 93 octane like you said. If the different individual states want something else then they can build their own refinery and make it on their own.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Yup. Mid-grade is about as useless as tits on a boar.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyc5 View Post
    One of the PD's in our county is asking the patrolman to pay for the gas to and from work in their take home cars. There budget is blown.
    I can remember when prices took a major jump in the late 80s or early 90s (I think) and some agencies went to a 50 mile max for the shift. You could do probably 40 miles here just answering calls.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Thats the big problem right there. We need more refineries. I believe the last refinery in California was built in the mid 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post

Just my $.02, which by the way I want in saving is one of the gas company executives reads this and then suddenly comes up with a bright idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    You are not alone. I also hate the over twenty total different summer blends that some states mandate. There should be two kinds of gasoline: 87 and 93 octane like you said. If the different individual states want something else then they can build their own refinery and make it on their own.
    California seems to have a big problem with this. The environmentalist wackos have driven the price of fuel up to exorbitant costs, just because they can, so they can line their own pockets, in my opinion. I believe we have the most expensive gasoline in the nation, and we have our own refineries.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Yup. Mid-grade is about as useless as tits on a boar.
    The male boars might disagree with you

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Call me a skeptic, but I'll be surprised if we Ever see gas under $3.25 a gallon again. Until the nut-bar enviro-crowd looses it's political grip, nothing will change.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Call me a skeptic, but I'll be surprised if we Ever see gas under $3.25 a gallon again. Until the nut-bar enviro-crowd looses it's political grip, nothing will change.
    yea i don't see the prices dropping too much again. Hell the oil companies know what we will pay now to keep driving so they prob wouldnt want to drop it too much even if the price of a barrel of oil drops significantly. hell it can go to 5 bux a gallon and i will still pay it i have to get around. I just wont get far lol just my .02

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    They are now predicting prices at $83 a barrel in 2009 and as low as $70 in 2010. In view of this gas at the pumps will be dropping back into the $2.00-$2.50 per gallon range. Wouldn't it be GREAT?
    Although, a few years off, Brazil has found as much as 8 billion barrels of oil and gas in offshore drilling.

What is the source of this?
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    +1

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    According to a recent financial report I watched here on the Left Coast, we can expect fuel costs to rise upwards near $6.00 per gallon by year's end. Whoa! It now costs me about $160.00 to fill my 40 gallon tank with diesel. Fortunately, I have reduced my driving around so much I only fill up every two months.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think overall greed will win out. The powers that be have discovered that we'll pay higher prices, and they're not going to walk away from the cash cow that has been dropped in their lap.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I think overall greed will win out. The powers that be have discovered that we'll pay higher prices, and they're not going to walk away from the cash cow that has been dropped in their lap.

+1

I've said all along that they're just conditioning us. When gas was around 3 bucks a gallon they knew we'd be happy paying 2.50-2.75. Now that we're close to and over 4 bucks in some parts of the country people will think 3 is a bargain. I doubt we'll see it below 3 dollars ever again.

Hell, I'm just a youngin at 28 and I remember being pissed driving to school when it would go above 1.09
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    More money for guns...toys or whatever.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Thread Information