Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finally

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    haha! Thanks MC And I think you're right. I've been agonizing over what to start with for the past 2 days. Worst part is finding one that will carry my USP Compact, and deciding if I want to have to slide it on and off a belt or not.
    Decisions, decisions

Actually, having the different styles comes in handy. Sometimes the belt holster is preferred, - sometime a paddle holster comes in real handy. And in other cases, an IWB is better.

MissConduct is offline Naughty and Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Yeah, really. We'll be measuring penis size next...oh, wait, we already did that.
    oh no!!! I must have missed that one..can you do it again? Maybe all you males out there can compare your penis size to your gun size...hmmmm

Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?????

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainCop
    Decisions, decisions

Actually, having the different styles comes in handy. Sometimes the belt holster is preferred, - sometime a paddle holster comes in real handy. And in other cases, an IWB is better.

when i do carry, which isnt too often, i use an "inside the pants" holster, and stick it right in my dip. its not exactly the most comfortable of all positions, but i think it conceals it the best and allows for quick access. once you get used to it being there, you dont even think about it.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout
    when i do carry, which isnt too often, i use an "inside the pants" holster, and stick it right in my dip. once you get used to it being there, you dont even think about it.
    Same here...I love those. Great for concealment!

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Finally got my concealed weapon permit application in, now it's just 45 days or less away. Kinda irritated me the way some of the county employees looked at me when I told them what I was there for. Got run all over the place - first to the courthouse, then down the street to the PD to get fingerprinted, back to the courthouse. Ran into an academy classmate getting a warrant for domestic violence. The new fingerprint system is really cool - just 2 years ago I got inked for my police employment background check, now they use the computer and some optical sensors then print the fingerprints on a card. Pretty nifty. So anyhow, lookout VA, soon I'll be packin heat
    I remember when I got my fingerprints done For Nevada Highway Patrol. They used the lazer thing. I put my hand down and she said this is going to sting a little. So I got nervous and started to sweat a little, I cringed up. She about died from laughter!!!

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    It can take up to three days for the NCIC check to come back. I do not have to wait because I am a permit holder. Takes me 15 minutes to buy a gun and thats with the drive.
    Not in KS . Hell when I bought my back-up weapon I was in and out of the store in less than 15minutes.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

irishlad2nv is offline Banned
    Because in GA, and I imagine many other states, cops have to go through the NCIC background check when they buy a new gun. Permit holders do not. One of many reasons LEOs should have a carry permit.
    Well guess the stores I have gone to are wrong then because I have bought my guns with/out the permit, which I don't need one, two because I am LE, so they didn't need to run NCIC, and if they were too...bid deal!

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by irishlad2nv
    Great thats all people need is a hott-headed kid running around carrying a weapon...Are you in LE or are you in an Academy? You seem a little too on the "excited" side to be talking about this...just my .02...
    I think that was a totally inappropriate comment, especially from someone so new to the board.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think that was a totally inappropriate comment, especially from someone so new to the board.
    I was just about to say something along similar lines. Besides, Irish, you told me to stop "hiding" behind rep.

You may be a cop, but you're a rookie here. Stop being a fucking clown and why don't YOU try to stop hiding behind being a cop, and start trying to actually make some friends and have a few laughs? Just because you're a cop doesn't make you a swell guy, as you have had no trouble in demontrating. It must be tough going through life with the "No one understands me" attitude. Most people grow out of that before they graduate high school.

Whatever. Congrat Virginian! It was one of the happiest days of my life when my CCW finally showed up!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

MissConduct is offline Naughty and Nice
    Congratulations on getting your concealed weapons permit! You deserve the right to be very HAPPY! Looks like you have a lot to look forward to! Well done. Seems like you are getting lots of great tips from most of the LEO's on the site. Good for you

Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?????

irishlad2nv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    I was just about to say something along similar lines. Besides, Irish, you told me to stop "hiding" behind rep.

You may be a cop, but you're a rookie here. Stop being a fucking clown and why don't YOU try to stop hiding behind being a cop, and start trying to actually make some friends and have a few laughs? Just because you're a cop doesn't make you a swell guy, as you have had no trouble in demontrating. It must be tough going through life with the "No one understands me" attitude. Most people grow out of that before they graduate high school.

Whatever. Congrat Virginian! It was one of the happiest days of my life when my CCW finally showed up!
    And if you were to re-read my posts, you would see that it was my opinion, however some of you took it to heart...go on with your bad self and attempt to humilate me on here. Congrats...

FishTail Guest
    Your "opinion" was directly insulting...there's no need for personal insults, unless you wish to engage solely in ad hominem arguments.

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NVHPD
    NCIC actually it takes 3 seconds on our computers lol
    The only thing the Federal Government does fast is screw you silly.

Trust me on this...

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout
    when i do carry, which isnt too often, i use an "inside the pants" holster, and stick it right in my dip. its not exactly the most comfortable of all positions, but i think it conceals it the best and allows for quick access. once you get used to it being there, you dont even think about it.
    I use IWB in summer - and in the 'dip' is the way I carry.

Not comfortable while driving..

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMBAUGHREADER
    I miss my fanny pack.
    When you look down, you can't see it anymore?

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMBAUGHREADER
    I miss my fanny pack.
    Here's the perfect fanny pack for concealed carry!

And inside is my sweet li'l Kimber Ultra Carry II / my off duty gun.

FishTail Guest
    Lmao

MountainCop Guest
    Lmao
    I loved the idea so much I bought two

Then their web site stopped selling them... They DID find out what we were up to. But they sure weren't shy about taking our money...

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    two because I am LE, so they didn't need to run NCIC
    Then your FFL is breaking federal law and should be reported to the ATF ASAP. You being a cop has nothing to do with anything.

MountainCop Guest
    Then your FFL is breaking federal law and should be reported to the ATF ASAP. You being a cop has nothing to do with anything.
    Not if he has a letter from his chief on department letterhead

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information