Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nsb22 is offline Crazilicious

Motivational quotes.

“Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the year.” – Spanish Proverb

“Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.” – Parkinson’s Law
    “You cannot kill time without injuring eternity.” – H.D. Thoreau

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are. Buckaroo Banzi

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "YOU BETTER NOT (insert infraction here) AGAIN OR I WILL FIRE YOUR ASS SO FAST YOU WILL PASS YOURSELF COMING IN THAT DOOR!!!"

That one has been fairly motivational to me in my younger years.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Don't shit where you eat

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    The more sweat in training, the less blood on the streets.
    (MLEOTA Academy motto)
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    The more sweat in training, the less blood on the streets.
    (MLEOTA Academy motto)
    A variation from the original motto of the Navy SEALs: The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.

Here are some words I live by:

"Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast."

"If you can't make it, fake it."

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." (I use this as it applies to officer survival, not academics.)

"Act like a man of thought. Think like a man of action." -Thomas Mann

"My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed." - Yi Sunshin, Last letter to an old friend.

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. By doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses one still gets wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." -Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure

To fight and conquer in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy with no fight at all, that's the highest skill.
    - Sun Tsu
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

op246 is offline Officer First Class
    Life is like a box of chocolates......

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Two is one. One is none.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

op246 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Two is one. One is none.
    +1 on this and "Slow is Smooth. Smooth is fast"

I also like "Keep a positive attitude. It may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    "What, me worry?"- Alfred E. Newman

The only fair fight is the one you win. (Most of my instructers during Benning phase class 2/87)
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sorry if this is a but much but these are motivational to me.

Choose the right, if you are doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about. Choose wrongly and you will have everything to worry about. - me

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose ye this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)

"There are but two parties now, Traitors and Patriots, and I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter . . . We have a government, laws and a flag, and they must all be sustained." – Ulysses S. Grant

Thank you, God. The man who said that the paralyzed could walk if a Democrat were in the White House will not be Vice President. The man who mocked Iyad Allawi, Premier of Iraq, who risks his life every day to bring about a decent society, will not be President. The party that believes that it's perfectly cool to take a living baby from its mother's body and then pierce its skull with scissors and kill it while it screams will not be in charge of the Executive Branch (as they are of the media). Thank you, God. --Ben Stein

Our rule should be the same for the nation as for the individual. Do not get into a fight if you can possibly avoid it. If you get in, see it through. Don’t hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft. Don’t hit at all if you can help it; don’t hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep. --Theodore Roosevelt

"You ask, what is our policy? I will say: it is to wage war, by sea, land and air, and with all our might. . . . You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory. . . . Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival!" -- Winston Churchill

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. -- Mark Twain

last but not least

"Meaning no disrespect to the religious convictions of others, I still can't help wondering how we can explain away what to me is the greatest miracle of all and which is recorded in history. No one denies there was such a man, that he lived and that he was put to death by crucifixion. Where...is the miracle I spoke of? Well consider this and let your imagination translate the story into our own time -- possibly to your own hometown. A young man whose father is a carpenter grows up working in his father's shop. One day he puts down his tools and walks out of his father's shop. He starts preaching on street corners and in the nearby countryside, walking from place to place, preaching all the while, even though he is not an ordained minister. He never gets farther than an area perhaps 100 miles wide at the most. He does this for three years. Then he is arrested, tried and convicted. There is no court of appeal, so he is executed at age 33 along with two common thieves. Those in charge of his execution roll dice to see who gets his clothing -- the only possessions he has. His family cannot afford a burial place for him so he is interred in a borrowed tomb. End of story? No, this uneducated, propertyless young man who...left no written word has, for 2,000 years, had a greater effect on the world than all the rulers, kings, emperors; all the conquerors, generals and admirals; all the scholars, scientists and philosophers who have ever lived -- all of them put together. How do we explain that? ...[U]nless he really was what he said he was." --Ronald Reagan

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you don't understand weapons you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't understand war you don't understand history. If you don't understand history, you might as well live with your head in a sack. - Jeff Cooper
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Remember, no matter how good she (he) looks, someone, somewhere is tired of putting up with her (his) S***
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    If you can't be good , look good.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    If you hide your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong, when the lion comes along you'll get your butt eaten...(me)

and my favorite for now: "If you're going to tease the tiger, make sure he can't jump the fence." (again me)
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "Ok, it's Sunday and we have had a long weekend... take it easy but check your beats good and be careful, lets make it a good one."
    An old watch commander

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I got more time in the shiter than you have on the streets.

Go piss up a rope.

Stop diggin in your ass and get to work.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    What are you looking at shitbird?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

AlDeputy is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Better to be Pissed off, then pissed on!
    But you're a deputy, you can't give me a ticket!

Yea Ok, sign here and press hard there are 4 copies!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Winston Churchill rocks!!!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. "

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents."

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. "

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. "

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. "

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information