Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: M.I.A much??

The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle

M.I.A much??

I don't think any of you noticed but I've been out of this place for awhile. To sum it up in a nutshell...

-My family left for Egypt (I didn't go, money is saved up for new car and academy)

-I turned a year older 5 days ago

-I'm staying out of trouble

-I found out my friend who has cancer is getting his leg amputated...he's only 14

-Not even a week before that I found out my cousin has cancer

-I almost got stabbed today....not fun...I hate my job sometimes

-My bro got robbed AGAIN, the scumbag put a gun to his head nfront of my MOM!!

-I'm vegan

-I am going on 4 months of no drinking

-I am STILL looking for a job as a police officer trainee....I got called back for 2 but they want me to go to a 6 month bootcamp type live in academy 3 1/2 hours away.

So yeah, that's just some of the drama I've been dealing with along with working and training and barely any sleep. Hope all well for you guys and those who live in N.Cal are enjoying the hot weather
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Nice to see that you are still alive and thinking of us here. Be strong and stay focused in you schooling and duties. I am a native Californian and the majority of it lived in the Central Valley so being in the heat is a given. I don't know much different.

I have gone through my share of drama as well. All within the last six months.

You should post more often, the support here is great.

http://www.officerresource.com/forum...ad.php?t=25434

The Transmission went out in my 2 yr old car with 36,000 miles. Under warranty though. Only had to pay a $200.00 deductable.

I accidentally damaged a rental car. The drivers door wouldnt stay open and I sprung it in frustration. Drove a Dodge Caliber. Never get a Chrysler or Dodge product as far as cars go. The doors won't stay open mid way. Thank God for the extra insurance. Got a different Car to finish out while my car was in the shop.

Ford would only cover 10 days for the rental but the car was tied up for three weeks. So I had to cover the difference which made my rent late.

My mom passed away. She didn't tell us that she had a mild heart attack and hid it from us until she was having shortness of breath.

Had another accident. This time with a local cop on his way to work in his personal vehicle only a block away from the PD next to a park where I catch my vanpool ride to work. Totally my fault. I made a Uturn in front of him. Of course the calvary showed up in spades. Would you expect any different? I always wanted to hang out with the cops but NOT IN THIS WAY. Embarrassing to say the least but they were really nice about it.

Car goes back to the shop to fix the damage. Mostly confined to the drivers door. Body shop had it for another three weeks. Went out and got another rental. Didn't learn the first time and got another Dodge. This time a Magnum. Went to trade that one in for a smaller car and again the door wouldn't stay open and decided to take a chunk out of my wife's finger which required stitches.

My wife had yet another bout with kidney stones. She had to be put on heavy duty prescription pain killers.

We decided to give up our paper routes because of the skyrocketing gas prices. That really sucks because I really liked doing them. I've been doing them for about nine years and met some really nice people for my customers.

My vanpool driver decided to give up his vanpool because he changed duties and decided to become a foreman which means more overtime, which he couldn't do with the vanpool. So I had to scramble to find another vanpool. At least they have a bigger van, but it will cost me more. Still less than if I were commuting myself.

They say this drama will make us stronger but I still can't figure that one out. I could have done without the drama.

Hang in there.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Gee Lost......sure doesn't sound like a good '08 for ya! Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I feel for your brother........i was robbed years ago myself....a gun was put to my head and he kept telling me he was gonna blow my head off. It messes you up for awhile. Be there for him. HOW was he robbed twice though?
    Sorry to hear about your friend losing his leg too
    Is it the CHP academy up in Sac that has the 6 month academy? I think it is 7 1/2 momths now.

Hang in there!!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Awww CTR......
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Thanks for the updates, Lostralian and CTR Man, and sorry about the tragedies and troubles you've experienced. Welcome back, Lostralian.

racing04 is offline Master Officer
    Hey- Hang in there, My 2008 isn't so good ethier.

Wisdom teeth pulled
    Kidney stones
    Car Accident-whip lash, neck sprain, pinch nerve (physcial therapy 3 weeks)
    Friend Passed away few days ago
    Friend left for Iraq on the same day the other one passed away

Think thats all my drama....
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle
    Thanks guys.

CTR and racing04, really sorry to hear about your misfortunes I hope it gets way better for all 3 of us.

KC~ No it's the Alameda County Police Academy....I think....I know Alameda has 2 of them.
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Keep your chin up. Things always get better with time. I'm sure we've all had times that we are glad are behind us, as well as things to focus on in the present and future. As long as one keeps the past in the past, and has a goal for the future, life is worth living.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Thread Information