Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

I'm a cheapskate.

Since I'm in the market for a new vehicle I went to look at Kias Last week which get good gas mileage and have a 100,000 mile warranty on the motor and drivetrain.
    After showing me a couple the salesman started nagging me to walk into his office and sign on the dotted line. I told the guy... Listen!! I wouldn't buy a new suit of clothes or a pair of shoes without thinking it over for at least a week.
    His jaw dropped and he went looking for another customer.
    Would you invest 15-20 thousand bucks or more into the purchase of a new automobile minutes after a salesman had showed you a couple; unless you had considered the pros and cons of the vehicle and compared prices at other dealership, Etc?

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Since I'm in the market for a new vehicle I went to look at Kias Last week which get good gas mileage and have a 100,000 mile warranty on the motor and drivetrain.
    After showing me a couple the salesman started nagging me to walk into his office and sign on the dotted line. I told the guy... Listen!! I wouldn't buy a new suit of clothes or a pair of shoes without thinking it over for at least a week.
    Would you invest 15-20 thousand bucks or more into the purchase of a new automobile minutes after a salesman had showed you a couple; unless you had considered the pros and cons of the vehicle and compared prices at other dealership, Etc?
    I spend longer than that on eBay, comparing prices on rubber duckies. It all comes down to research, the more you do, the less screwed you'll likely wind up.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post

I think Car Salesman are the most annoying, the last time I went to one I told the saleman loudly, so everyone in the show room could hear, that I could get a better deal online at CarsDirect.com. He just closed his portfolio and looked down at his desk.

By the way, once you do decide on a car check out if you can get a better price online. CarsDirect.com was good a few years back with matching your price, I am not sure if they still are as good but it is worth a google to see who is. Consumer Reports may help with car buying online as well.

Good luck! Have fun shopping and test drive alot!

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    I tried selling cars waaaay back in my much younger days. That is, until I figured out that in order to be successful, you have to be able to look a little old lady straight in the eye, and be able to lie your silly ass off.

I think that job lasted about four months.

I immediately started sleeping better at night after I quit.

Knowing the "system", I now have zero patience with car salesmen.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    You did the right thing. That is a lot of money either way.....and if you are unsure, then wait until you are 100% sure with your decision

And no...i always research my vehicles before buying them......cuz nothing worse than buying a lemon and even WITH the warranty, still PITA and inconvenient if it isn't reliable.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Thread Information