Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mardi Gras 2006

  1. #1
    Welpe's Avatar
    Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Join Date
    01-04-06
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    2294605

    Mardi Gras 2006

    I just got in from my third shift this weekend working Mardi Gras in San Luis Obispo. In a word, I'm exhausted. It was pretty slow this year, as was last year. It was quite impressive seeing such a showing from the police department, the Sheriff's Office, other local PD's the CHP. You could feel the energy walking around the command and field operations centers.

    It was amazing just being able to be a in the middle of it all, doing our part and working towards a much larger goal. I have to say I was quite impressed by the showing of officers and deputies, especially the continuous line of motor officers.

    Though I'm thoroughly worn out, it was a priceless experience for me. This whole weekend did nothing but reinforce and reaffirm my desire to work in this field.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

  2. #2
    pmfc is offline ^
    Join Date
    12-31-05
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    45762
    Sacramento's Mardi Gras never happened, probably due to past problems with unruly crowds. Police had their hands full during last year's celebration.

  3. #3
    WAMBAUGHREADER's Avatar
    WAMBAUGHREADER is offline Fattest, cop, ever.
    Join Date
    02-07-06
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    20402
    Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    I just got in from my third shift this weekend working Mardi Gras in San Luis Obispo. In a word, I'm exhausted. It was pretty slow this year, as was last year. It was quite impressive seeing such a showing from the police department, the Sheriff's Office, other local PD's the CHP. You could feel the energy walking around the command and field operations centers.

    It was amazing just being able to be a in the middle of it all, doing our part and working towards a much larger goal. I have to say I was quite impressed by the showing of officers and deputies, especially the continuous line of motor officers.

    Though I'm thoroughly worn out, it was a priceless experience for me. This whole weekend did nothing but reinforce and reaffirm my desire to work in this field.
    If I didnt know better, I'd have to say that someone found out their department admin reads this board....
    Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?

  4. #4
    Welpe's Avatar
    Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Join Date
    01-04-06
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    2294605
    Hahaha, naw I truly do mean what I said.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

  5. #5
    lepdford's Avatar
    lepdford is offline K-9 Officer
    Join Date
    01-01-06
    Location
    North Central Texas
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    2122724
    Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    Hahaha, naw I truly do mean what I said.
    How many beads did you get?
    K-9 When the door pops...The bullshit stops!

    Go ahead run...I'll even give you a head start!

    When the public needs help, they call the Police.
    When the Police needs help, they call SWAT.
    When SWAT needs help, they call K-9!

    Duty not Reward

  6. #6
    MisterK's Avatar
    MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    Join Date
    12-14-05
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    667596
    Man boobs don't count.

    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

    ____________________

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #7
    Welpe's Avatar
    Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Join Date
    01-04-06
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    2294605
    Damn those are some nipples.....
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

  8. #8
    StanSwitek's Avatar
    StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    1143373
    Im curious why we need large public events where people get drunk on their asses & unruly.

  9. #9
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590746
    How else do we get an excuse to check out some nice man boobies??

  10. #10
    StanSwitek's Avatar
    StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    12-04-05
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    1143373
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    How else do we get an excuse to check out some nice man boobies??
    Just be like Terminator & use the Internet.

  11. #11
    Jay7376's Avatar
    Jay7376 is offline Master Officer
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    102177
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    Man boobs don't count.
    Oh dear god, my eyes, my eyes...

    The really funny part is that I recognize the building in the background of that picture as a local shit-hole night club called the Orbit Room. Musta been a stunt for the local radio station KLQ out of Grand Rapids, MI.
    I'm a PUBLIC SERVANT, so I'm not permitted to use my own judgement in any way.

  12. #12
    Welpe's Avatar
    Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Join Date
    01-04-06
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    2294605
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Switek
    Im curious why we need large public events where people get drunk on their asses & unruly.
    Because it's their "constitutional right" dammit......
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 36% of 2006 Homicides Solved
    By bird1 in forum In the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-07, 01:30 AM
  2. The 6 Best Smart Ass comments of 2006
    By carolina in forum Shenanigans
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-07, 05:53 PM
  3. NYC's homicide rate and others up for 2006
    By E-man in forum In the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-06, 10:06 PM
  4. Should we lower the drinking age?
    By FTL_Ian in forum The Holding Cell
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-04-06, 10:05 AM
  5. Leonid Meteor Shower 2006 -- When, Where, and Why
    By Buttercup in forum In the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-06, 02:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •