Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Ever had an unusual incident or occurrence to happen with no explanation for.

Have you ever seen or heard something out of the ordinary and you didn't know what it was?
    I don't believe in ghosts or extraterrestrial beings and think there's a reasonable explantion for everything, regardless of how unusual it is, but this incident has stumped me since I was a teenager.
    My brother and I slept in a small unfinished attic apartment where the peak of the roof was about 7 feet from the floor.
    One cold night, with a few inches of snow on the ground, we were getting ready to go to bed after watching late news on TV.
    Suddenly, only inches from our heads, we heard the heavy trod of footsteps of someone walking across the peak of the roof. When this person got about half way across the roof almost directly over our beds he or she slipped and started to roll down the steep roof.
    My Dad, also getting ready to retire for the night and who slept in a downstairs BR directly below us, yelled up (something to the effect) "what's going on up there, what's all that racket?" I yelled back, "someone just fell off the roof!!" We ran downstairs and the 3 of us went outside, expecting to find someone dead or badly injured in the area where the person would've fallen. Much to our shock, there was no one laying there and the snow was undisturbed. We walked around the house and found no footprints or any impressions in the snow to indicate where anyone had been near the house.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    This wasn't Christmas Eve was it?
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Hahahahahhaha!!
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

The only thing I could come up with, since there was no snow on the steep roof, is the person caught hold of the BR vent pipe while rolling, inched down to the gutter, foot crawled along the gutter and then dropped down on the front porch walkway, which had recently been shoveled off. It would take a helluva strong person to break such a steep downfall, but like I said there's an explanation for everything. Then, how did he get up there in the first place? The same way he got down.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I've seen shadows of people where they should not have been able to appear. The most puzzling thing is that there wasn't anyone there to cast said shadows.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    Naaa.. he didnt mention hoofs or sleigh bells..
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

Verified LEO
    Oh. I got a good one for you guys and gals, if you feel like getting spooked. Some of you have heard of the Gettysburg ghosts video.

Look at this. Tell me what you think of this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxVjI9iyAeM
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dustoff262 View Post
    Oh. I got a good one for you guys and gals, if you feel like getting spooked. Some of you have heard of the Gettysburg ghosts video.

Look at this. Tell me what you think of this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxVjI9iyAeM
    Creepy!!!

I wold love to go to Gettysburg!!
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

No chimney

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    No chimney
    That may have been the problem he encountered, then.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My sister went to Gettysburg College and has many ghost stories.

The only thing that I've seen was on duty. I went to a domestic call where a young woman hit her father. She was about 21 and living at home with her baby and her parents. She was stark raving mad. She was telling me about how her father's ancestors were tormenting her. They would take the form of birds and insects to talk to her. Other times their spirits would physically attack her and hurt her. I figured she either needs an exorcism or a mental health worker. I'm no priest so I took her for a mental health evaluation.

I had to get her medically cleared at the hospital before taking her to the psych ward. While we were in the hospital I was sitting in a chair while she was sitting on the hospital bed. Her knees were drawn up to her chest and she had her arms around her legs, holding her hands. She was resting her cheek on her knees and sort of leaning against the back of the bed which was upright. Her hospital bed began clanging and shaking. Not violently but firmly. There was no earthquake or building shake, I was quite stable. I thought she was doing something to shake the bed but she was quite still. This is right out of the Exorcist movie and I'm starting to freak out because her bed is rattling and nothing is apparently causing it. After about 30 seconds it stops just as a nurse walked in the room but before she could observe it. I came up out of my seat and was quite freaked out.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    That may have been the problem he encountered, then.
    Thanks Ducky!! ...mystery solved!!... Santa, while in a drunken stupor and searching for chimney slips and falls off roof.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Thanks Ducky!! ...mystery solved!!... Santa, while in a drunken stupor and searching for chimney slips and falls off roof.
    See? Exactly my point. Makes perfect sense to me.

*giggle*
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Part of the prison that I'm assigned to used to be a hospital for the criminally insane. Ed Gein, the inspiration for "Psycho" and "Silence of the Lambs" spent the majority of his life here. Underneath are "tunnels" that were once cells that are now heating chases and an area that used to be a morgue. They used to do all kinds of things here, like labotomies, electro-shock therapy, etc. Anyways, in the old units, staff have reported hearing cell doors open, seeing movement in the halls at night, and about once a week, we get an "off-hook" alarm from a secure area that no one has access to after 5 in the afternoon. When the C.C. officer listens to the open line, he can hear some movement, then the line goes dead. Personally, I've never experianced anything, but there are some here who are sure the place is haunted.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Part of the prison that I'm assigned to used to be a hospital for the criminally insane. Ed Gein, the inspiration for "Psycho" and "Silence of the Lambs" spent the majority of his life here. Underneath are "tunnels" that were once cells that are now heating chases and an area that used to be a morgue. They used to do all kinds of things here, like labotomies, electro-shock therapy, etc. Anyways, in the old units, staff have reported hearing cell doors open, seeing movement in the halls at night, and about once a week, we get an "off-hook" alarm from a secure area that no one has access to after 5 in the afternoon. When the C.C. officer listens to the open line, he can hear some movement, then the line goes dead. Personally, I've never experianced anything, but there are some here who are sure the place is haunted.
    You gotta get Ghost Hunters (TAPS) on it. Would love to spend a nite there.!!!

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    They say that some people are more sensitive to it than others.

I've heard, seen, and felt paranormal activity. Most doesn't scare me anymore. Sometimes it's startling, but not scary.

I'm actually headed to Gettysburg in August to do some ghost snooping.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    My sister lived in an old dorm there one year. She was on the top floor with an empty attic above her. There was only one way into the attic via a locked door in the hall. The attic was above all the whole top floor. In the middle of the night she and her roommate awoke to the sounds of two men scuffling in the attic. Knocking each other down and rolling around. The entire floor heard it and stood in the hallway listening until it got quiet. Security arrived, unlocked the door and went up there but it was empty.

She also had a friend that was in one of the education buildings that was a Civil War hospital. They were in there at night studying (it might have been a library now I can't remember.) The friend and another person got in an elevator to go to the lobby but accidentally went to the basement. When the door opened they were looking at the hospital. People screaming, doctors and nurses covered in blood running around, the whole 9 yards. When the door closed they pushed the button to open it again. When the doors opened it was just the basement, nothing there.

She had more stories too. If you are sensitive to that stuff I'm sure you'll have a blast there.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    They say that some people are more sensitive to it than others.

I've heard, seen, and felt paranormal activity. Most doesn't scare me anymore. Sometimes it's startling, but not scary.

I love this paranormal stuff, but I dont believe every claim. I like the way TAPs approach ghost hunting. Debunk everything possible, what ever is left is probably authentic.

Hope you get some good pics or videos to post after your trip. Im sure that would be a blast! Good Luck ghost hunting.

Here are the most bogus ghost hunters I have ever seen on TV.
    Im glad they got exposed as frauds. Watch this one. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    She had more stories too. If you are sensitive to that stuff I'm sure you'll have a blast there.

Thanks, I know I will. I went to college not far from there, although not nearly as close as your sister(I know right where the school is). I've probably driven through Gettysburg/ the Battlefields close to 100 times, but never stopped. We were always on our way someplace or another. So, that's why I'm going back this time.

Besides the paranormal interest, I'm a military history buff so it's a win-win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information