Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Are we living in the last days?

We are living in a very dangerous day and age my friends with threats to our very existance all around us. Nine countries already have nuclear capability and we are told that Iran is possibly on the verge of acquiring it.
    Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has flouted to the world that Israel should be wiped off the map while tiny Israel, with 100-200 Nukes, is reportedly preparing to attack Iran to destroy it's nuclear facilities.
    We're living at a time when it would take only one miscoded message and the slip of an itchy finger to set off a nuclear bomb then a retaliation on the part of others, as predicted by military and other related experts, would create a nuclear holocaust.
    Not only do we have a nuclear holocaust hanging over our heads, but seismologists are predicting larger and more devastating earthquakes around the world and that it's only a matter of time when the big one will hit California. Also, meteorologists and weather experts are telling us that the polar cap is melting as a result of changing ocean weather patterns, el nino and la nino and that hurricanes are on the increase and will be of greater intensity.
    Astronomers and physicists say that other suns and whole solar systems are being sucked into black holes on a regular basis and that a roving asteroid or comet could stray off course and hit us with little warning.
    Bible scholars and theologians of practically all religious faiths have been saying for the past 20-25 years that bible prophecy, as related to the book of Revelation, is rapidly being fulfilled and that we are living in the closing days of earth's history.
    What's your opinion in the matter, do you think this old world is on it's last legs?

BlackNwhite is offline Officer First Class
    Do you like stressing people out?!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Did you ever read The Late Great Planet Earth? Very interesting interpretation of Revelations.

Even so, it is not the end of days, but the beginning of a new era.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

MissMyCaprice is offline Master Officer
    Retmilleo, can you get wi-fi inside the backyard bomb-shelter, or do you have to go hard-wire?

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    What's your opinion in the matter, do you think this old world is on it's last legs?
    Jesus says in the Bible that only the Father knows when the end will be, not even the son knows. That being said there are some signs to help prepare us. Of noted interest is St. Malachy:

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp
    http://www.newagedirectory.com/pro/malachy.htm
    St. Malachy, (d. 1148) Irish Bishop and Seer, produced an accurate list of future popes which began with Pope Celestine II in the year 1143. His list consists of a single line which gives a clue to the characteristics of each pope. From this list of 112 popes there are to be just 2 more after Pope John Paul II who passed away on 2 April 2005. His predictions regarding the popes have been for the most part pretty accurate regarding the identifying characteristics that each line reveals. St. Malachy doesn't give any predictions or information about what happens after the last pope. According to some other seers, we will have arrived at the end times.

The Current Pope

111. Benedict XVI - The New Pope Joseph Ratzinger was elected the 265th pope on April 19, 2005 a few days after his 78th birthday.
    (The glory of the olive)
    The olive branch represents peace. Will he play a role in bringing the religions together and furthering tolerance during his office? Within 24 hours of his election, Islamic and Jewish religious leaders suggested just such a role for him. Hopefully, he can lead the religious world to recognize and focus upon the commonality of their belief in the same God rather than their differences
    Perhaps through the implementation of tolerance we can look to a future where people stop justifying the killing of one another in the name of God. Let us see what the future will bring.

In the future

112. The LAST POPE!
    (Peter the Roman) "In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge the people. The End."
    When you consider that Pope Benedict is 81 years old this all may not be far off.

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane -
    Lenny Bruce is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
    world serves its own needs, regardless of your own needs. Feed it up a knock,
    speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height,
    down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
    hire and a combat site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
    breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
    crop. Look at that low plane! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
    common group, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its
    own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
    reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
    light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,
    return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
    blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
    light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
    this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
    a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
    and I decline.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
    Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
    Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
    slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would imagine that most people would blow off your comments as alarmist and paranoid. I do not. I believe the majority of people find it hard to have faith in or believe in something that is not tangible or or that there is a preplanned set of events.
    I do not pretend to know when the end will be. I do not feel it is my right as a mere human to question what God's plan is. I do know that without doubt, we are headed for dark and painful times. I take comfort in knowing God has a plan. Whatever the plan may be in detail I know that when it is complete things will be as they should.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Verified LEO
    It's easy to not have faith. Pick up any newspaper and read the front page.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    It's easy to not have faith. Pick up any newspaper and read the front page.
    And the easy way is always mined. Have faith in God not necessarily in your fellow man. Faith is what gets me past the front page news.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    The mere fact that our world is really messed up doesn't necessarily convince me that we are living out the prophecies of Biblical Revelations. Our disasters would have to be exactly what the Bible predicts, and fit those predictions more closely than disasters of any other time in history, for me to believe that Biblical prophecies are actually coming true, and so far I don't think that's the case. I'd actually rather live during end times than during any other time. As a skeptic I probably wouldn't be part of the first wave that disappears during the Rapture, but I think if I observed the prophecies of the Biblical Revelations being fulfilled after that, I'd be convinced that the Bible is actually accurate, and that would increase the likelihood that my soul would be saved in the second wave. I mean, if a bunch of people all over the world suddenly disappeared all at once as Biblical predictions about the Rapture suggest they would, and there was a direct correlation between their religious beliefs and the likelihood of disappearance, that by itself would pretty much convince me--actually I think it would probably convince most people. I'm not sure if I interpreted the Bible correctly, but the way I read it the only people who get to see strong empirical evidence of God's existence are those who lived during Biblical times and those who live during end times. It seems kind of unfair to those who live and die in between those periods, but then who am I to evaluate whether God is fair, if God indeed exists?

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

Ay, ya, ya. now I can't get that song out of my head!

There has probably been some kind of doomsday scenerio since the beginning of time! Pessimists and non-believers! Some would rather be believers of doom, thrive off of fear and instilling it into others.

By the way, 08/08/08, what is going to happen on that day?

Oh yea, opening day for the Olympics.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    I would imagine that most people would blow off your comments as alarmist and paranoid. I do not. I believe the majority of people find it hard to have faith in or believe in something that is not tangible or or that there is a preplanned set of events.
    I do not pretend to know when the end will be. I do not feel it is my right as a mere human to question what God's plan is. I do know that without doubt, we are headed for dark and painful times. I take comfort in knowing God has a plan. Whatever the plan may be in detail I know that when it is complete things will be as they should.

And the easy way is always mined. Have faith in God not necessarily in your fellow man. Faith is what gets me past the front page news.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I try to live my life with the understanding that it could all end at any second ("Headquarters to all units...be on the lookout for some kind of firey chariot looking thingy riding down to earth through the clouds. Reporting Party advised a man who looks like Johhny Damon circa 2004 was inside the chariot. We've had several calls on this..."), which helps me keep a healthy view of things that are actually important and the things that seem important but aren't really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Read the Left Behind Series, it'll make you think.

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Whether by God's will.....or the fact that humans are no better than animals, we are living in some sad days indeed. For those of ya'll who see it, I suggest stockpiling the big 3: bullets, beans, and bandaids. For those of ya'll who don't, well.........when the SHTF, "I told you so" won't *quite* do it justice.

Also, for any of you Myspacers....check out my link in my sig line. Its a page I've had up for awhile dealing with preparedness. Stop by and check it out.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You forgot toilet paper MonsterMash. Just looking out for ya bro.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    My dad has always had a bunker. I used to think he was paranoid and crazy but now I am thankful to inherit it someday lol... I never thought I would ever say that. The only problem is it would take me a while to get back to NC.

Not sure where our world and lives are headed but as long as I enjoy the ride and those around me are loved, I will just take what comes.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Verified LEO
    Faith just doesn't work for me. I tried once to re-find it once and was told by a priest that I couldn't be in the church and I needed to leave. That was answer enough for me.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Faith just doesn't work for me. I tried once to re-find it once and was told by a priest that I couldn't be in the church and I needed to leave. That was answer enough for me.
    Not intended to offend anyone here, but there are churches that don't have priests. Also, being in a church has zero to do with faith in my opinion.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    Read the Left Behind Series, it'll make you think.
    Cool books, at first, then they got kind of drawn out and slow. I enjoyed them though.

The end is going to come no matter what, there is nothing you can do to stop or change it. No use worrying about it or worrying about when it will happen.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information