Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pink

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Pink

So is wearing the color pink that of a real man or....... (add your own words)

Some can pull it off and others, well you question their sexuality
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    My 12yr old loves to wear this one pink t-shirt...and my husband makes him take it off everytime. I personally think it is just a color and don't give a hoot! If ya like it, wear it. Who gives a *F*!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I have a lavender shirt that I wear once in a while at work, with a purple tie that just rocks.

I don't care what people think as a general rule, and it is the only shirt/tie combo I've ever been complimented on by a lady. Everything else is so standard it gets no notice.

I also consider *where* I'm wearing it. If I'm going to Texas, I leave it at home. If I'm going to California, I wear it at least twice that week.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    I tend to judge when I see a man wear pink. ONLY because I used to date a guy that wore pink all the time.... we broke up and a year later he told me he was gay. So.... yeah...
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I have a lavender shirt that I wear once in a while at work, with a purple tie that just rocks.

I don't care what people think as a general rule, and it is the only shirt/tie combo I've ever been complimented on by a lady. Everything else is so standard it gets no notice.

I also consider *where* I'm wearing it. If I'm going to Texas, I leave it at home. If I'm going to California, I wear it at least twice that week.
    Sorry ENDER but you were void from this thread..... j/k homz
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah87 View Post
    I tend to judge when I see a man wear pink. ONLY because I used to date a guy that wore pink all the time.... we broke up and a year later he told me he was gay. So.... yeah...
    LOL...well i think we all understand why you feel that way!
    ~Karie

"I used to care

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    LOL...well i think we all understand why you feel that way!
    I'm sure as hell glad that jake owns NOTHING pink.

I had my suspicions of the ex but just didn't wanna believe it. ha. shoulda gone with my gut.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    I happen to own a pink dress shirt, normally worn with a red patterned tie. Goes well under my beige suit and looks good in the pulpit. Besides my wife loves it, so that's all that matters.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I think it takes a certain man to pull off the pink look. I bet jcsdscott can rock the pink shirt quite well, especially paired up as he's describing (in my loose estimation and total generalization, I think a key element to a man jamming a pink shirt is that he must be huge...not "Dom DeLuise huge", either. More like "Lou Ferigno huge." "Dom DeLuise huge" man should stick to hawaiian shirts and flat caps). I, however, do not dare venture into those hard-to-understand corners of the fashion world, as I know from experience that I may get lost, never to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Men and women should be equal in all ways, including with respect to the right to wear pink shirts.

LOL Jenna...your answer for everything tonight, eh?
    ~Karie

"I used to care

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My daughter washed all of my white uniform shirts with some red "items" once and they all turned pink! I DID NOT wear them to work!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think pink in dress shirts/ties etc can be pulled off.

EVERY guy who I've ever known to wear a pink polo type shirt, however, was a certified fucking douchebag. Sorry to any pink polo wearers here. Also, a sure sign of a pink shirted douchebag, no matter what color he is currently wearing, is the popped up collar and the shirtline tucked in ONLY right in front of the belt buckle. I can't stand either of those trends. Any arrestee found committing those atrocites is mercilessly singled out. "Shut the fuck up, pink shirt." "Seriously dude...not a fan of the belt buckle. But whatever it takes to get dudes to notice your package huh?" "Hey popped collar, did I ask for your opinion? Did I turn to you and say, 'hey shit for brains...tell us what you think!'"
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    In the 60s'a style of dress was a pink button down collar (with fruit loop) shirt, and black jeans,it actually looked pretty sharp.

scarpetta is offline Rookie
    Real men do not wear pink. It is a girl color, so only girly men wear it
    Which is fine if you want a guy to go purse/shoe shopping with...

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    http://store.piercemfg.com/acatalog/...h_T-Shirt.html

Pink .. it's my new obsession
    (Aerosmith)

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    I only can pull off a pink dress shirt with a suit..that's all carry on..nothing to see here..move along

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    It depends on the guy...some can pull it off..some cannot. But I don't judge either way...to each their own.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    Xiphos likes pink if I'm remembering correctly.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    It depends on the guy...some can pull it off..some cannot. But I don't judge either way...to each their own.
    I agree. I think that a properly accessorized pink shirt looks good on any guy, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information