Welcome to the APBWeb.
    keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Great day to be an American!

I had "Parade Duty" today and was assigned to drive the squad car at the start of the 4th of July parade down the length of Main Street. Behind my car was an honor Guard with the American flag and the State of Wisconsin flag. Both sides of the street was lined with people, with the crowd being 4 or 5 persons deep in places. As I cruised slowly down the street, trying hard not to outpace the honor guard of old veteran's, I noticed that every person in the crowd stood and placed their hands over their hearts when they got near, and remained standing until the flag passed. I saw Blacks, Hispanics, and people of every imaginable origin, all standing with their hands over their heart, paying tribute to their country. I saw Americans, regardless of race, with tears in their eyes, relishing the freedom that we all have and take for granted. It was a good day to be an American.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Every day is a good day to be an American, we just need days like that to remind us of just how great this place is. lol

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I had "Parade Duty" today and was assigned to drive the squad car at the start of the 4th of July parade down the length of Main Street. Behind my car was an honor Guard with the American flag and the State of Wisconsin flag. Both sides of the street was lined with people, with the crowd being 4 or 5 persons deep in places. As I cruised slowly down the street, trying hard not to outpace the honor guard of old veteran's, I noticed that every person in the crowd stood and placed their hands over their hearts when they got near, and remained standing until the flag passed. I saw Blacks, Hispanics, and people of every imaginable origin, all standing with their hands over their heart, paying tribute to their country. I saw Americans, regardless of race, with tears in their eyes, relishing the freedom that we all have and take for granted. It was a good day to be an American.
    Now this is the way it should be, everywhere, in this great country of ours.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    It is awesome when you can see and feel the Patriotism coming from the crowd

Glad you had a good day at work, I always enjoyed Parade duty, it allows you to see the Good in People! (Unfortuanately in Law Enforcement you mostly get to see the bad in people and meet folks when they are victimized and in a time of need)

Thread Information