Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

I need a better first aid kit!

So Im sitting at the light waiting to make a left turn, and I watch an idiot in a U Haul pull out of a gas station and hit a motorcycle! Guy on the motorcycle goes flying through the air and tumbles down the street and into the intersection. I blow the red light to block traffic so the guy does not get hit again, and am on the phone to 911. The guy on the ground has major injuries his left kneecap is missing and his lower left leg is mangled. Eww. All I could do was cover him with a blanket, keep him calm, and wait for the pros to get there.

The Cops and EMTs were on scene in under 5 minutes, but it seemed like much longer. I had to fill out a witness statement and tell the cops about the idiot. I hope he gets jail time.

One sad observation. I was amazed at the sheer amount of people that didnt stop to render aid! What the hell is wrong with folks today?

MountainCop Guest
    People don't want to get involved... sad but true.

A decent first responder first aid kit for under $200 is available from Galls if you're so inclined. If you have not taken it, I strongly suggest you get with the Red Cross and take their First Aid course.

And believe me, the cops and EMTs appreciate what you did.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yeah, a good first aid kit is useless without some good training in how to use it. Definitely get some class time if you can (assuming you haven't, you may have).

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If you have not taken it, I strongly suggest you get with the Red Cross and take their First Aid course
    Definitely get some class time if you can
    Does the GPSTC First Responder class count?

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    [QUOTE=Norm357]I blow the red light QUOTE]

Damn im a traffic nazi.........this is the only part that I got the first time I read that post. Just kidding. goodjob. Hope the guy is alright.
    Norm people dont suprise me. Its sad when you have to pass laws making people "get over" when they see an emergency vehicle on the side of the road. And then people are still in too big of a hurry to do it.
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Perhaps add field surgery to that, so you can set up a MASH unit in the intersection and replace kneecaps

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    [QUOTE=wcso234]
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    I blow the red light QUOTE]

Damn im a traffic nazi.........this is the only part that I got the first time I read that post. Just kidding. goodjob. Hope the guy is alright.
    Norm people dont suprise me. Its sad when you have to pass laws making people "get over" when they see an emergency vehicle on the side of the road. And then people are still in too big of a hurry to do it.
    Like I told the cop this morning. Im a Courier. I break more traffic laws in a day, than most people do in a lifetime.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    [QUOTE=Norm357]
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234

Like I told the cop this morning. Im a Courier. I break more traffic laws in a day, than most people do in a lifetime.
    A courier????? I thought you were a soccer mom. That explains the van
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

MountainCop Guest
    [QUOTE=Norm357]
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234

Bike or car?

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    [QUOTE=MountainCop]

Bike or car?

Worse, van.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    [QUOTE=MountainCop]

Bike or car?
    On a horse, with a cowboy hat and a gun on each hip
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    I do hope the guy is ok. As for the other idiots that didn't stop, that aggravates me. The big car/bus crash I worked last week, even though the damn road was blocked off cars were turning around to avoid helping out. There were many individuals that got out and made sure the kids were fine, but others were trying to go the other way quickly as possible so they didn't lose any time getting to work or wherever they were going. Some think that to get out and assist or even offer to assist is below them, that they are too high up in society and shouldn't have to get out and possibly get a little dirty or bloody to help save someone's life. But ya know, life aint fair at all, so I appreciate every single person that has helped or stopped and offered help on a crash scene.
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

MountainCop Guest
    Worse, van.

AAAHIIIIIIEEEE! Well, knowing you, at least you're CAREFUL when you drive like a madman!

MountainCop Guest
    [QUOTE=KaiGywer]
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainCop

On a horse, with a cowboy hat and a gun on each hip
    Now THAT deserves a 'woo hoo'!

And a 'yippie kai yay' thrown in for good measure!

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    I do hope the guy is ok. As for the other idiots that didn't stop, that aggravates me. The big car/bus crash I worked last week, even though the damn road was blocked off cars were turning around to avoid helping out. There were many individuals that got out and made sure the kids were fine, but others were trying to go the other way quickly as possible so they didn't lose any time getting to work or wherever they were going. Some think that to get out and assist or even offer to assist is below them, that they are too high up in society and shouldn't have to get out and possibly get a little dirty or bloody to help save someone's life. But ya know, life aint fair at all, so I appreciate every single person that has helped or stopped and offered help on a crash scene.
    A few weeks ago, had a guy try to zip past me (he'd already ignored the fire crew directing traffic) on an accident scene. I started to chew some ass, when the CSP guy came over and said 'Let me handle this.' I said 'fine by me', and the trooper REALLY chewed ass! I stuck around, because I honestly thought there was a chance that the driver was going to get pulled through the side window!

Which really wouldn't have bothered me in the least...

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    I chewed some ass on the scene I worked too.. but troopers chew better ass lol.. One of the ones on the scene with me got the same guys that I had chewed for standing around and watching the scene...not helping at all.. Well, the trooper stomped across the road and went to yelling and pinned one guy up against a brick mailbox and the other one started walking backwards until he fell into a hole lol.. It was funny
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I chewed some ass on the scene I worked too.. but troopers chew better ass lol..
    Man, that's signature material

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    I chewed some ass on the scene I worked too.. but troopers chew better ass lol.. One of the ones on the scene with me got the same guys that I had chewed for standing around and watching the scene...not helping at all.. Well, the trooper stomped across the road and went to yelling and pinned one guy up against a brick mailbox and the other one started walking backwards until he fell into a hole lol.. It was funny
    Love it! There are times when I love my job - and one of 'em is when I get to really chew ass!

I'm so evil in so many legal ways!!

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Man, that's signature material
    Oh, I definitely agree!

Cris1102 Guest
    Wow Norm, that is really admirable what you did!!

Thread Information