Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Mayor Nagin

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Mayor Nagin

I saw on the Today show this morning the mayor of New Orleans wearing a military uniform with 4 stars and a stack of ribbons, and his name on the pocket (Nagin). What's the deal with that?
    Last edited by Virginian; 02-28-06 at 02:39 PM.

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    I saw on the Today show this morning the mayor of New Orleans wearing a military uniform with 4 stars and a stack of ribbons, and his name on the pocked (Nagin). What's the deal with that?
    Can you say 'dork'???

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    I seen that too. i chalked it up to being a Mardi Gras costume cause he sure as hell isnt worth 4 stars in my book. Maybe he has started his own army down there since the Fed. Gov't did run down there quick enough.
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed his heroic military service Maybe he's head of the chocolate army that's being raised to protect the chocolate city!

Bearcat06 Guest
    What an asshat....

FishTail Guest
    He's not claiming to be the head of the LA National Guard is he?

Maybe it's a coup...you get to shoot him as a traitor! Wouldn't that be fun!

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11603646/

Mayor Ray Nagin, wearing a black beret and camouflage uniform, portrayed cigar-chomping Gen. Russell Honore, the military man who led the first big relief convoy into the city.

MountainCop Guest
    I know a bunch of FPS guys rotating down there from here - they don't think much of him either...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Not sure how he meant his portrayal of the General, but in no way do I feel that he has a right to wear that uniform, the rank, or the decorations.

FishTail Guest
    18 USC 704

(a) In General. Whoever knowingly wears, manufactures, or sells any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof, except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Go stick the USMS on his ass!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Go stick the USMS on his ass!
    Best idea I've heard all day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

FishTail Guest
    Maybe the IRS would scare him more

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    Why does he have to worry about breaking the law? He's a democrat after all. They get away with this kind of stuff all the time. I'm quite sure he loathes our military judging by some of his other positions.

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    He isn't worthy of polishing the fine Generals boots.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

lepdford is offline K-9 Officer
    I hope he doesn't get mad when a group of drunk soilders(real) find him on the street corner and beat his ass to the ground!
    K-9 When the door pops...The bullshit stops!

Go ahead run...I'll even give you a head start!

When the public needs help, they call the Police.
    When the Police needs help, they call SWAT.
    When SWAT needs help, they call K-9!

Duty not Reward

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Llllllllllllawwwwsuit!

NRA Sues Mayor Ray Nagin

Fairfax, VA-The National Rifle Association (NRA ) has filed a motion for contempt against the City of New Orleans, the mayor and the acting chief of police for failure to comply with a temporary restraining order, handed down September 12, 2005, ordering an end to all illegal gun confiscations.

"With looters, rapists and other thugs running rampant in New Orleans, Ray Nagin issued an order to disarm all law-abiding citizens," declared Wayne LaPierre, NRA executive vice president. "With no law enforcement and 911 available, he left the victims vulnerable by stripping away their only means of defending themselves and their loved ones. Now Ray Nagin thinks he's above the law, and that's just wrong."

Attorneys for NRA have exhausted all efforts to cooperate with the defendants, Mayor Nagin and Chief Riley, who repeatedly ignored the court's permanent restraining order against their illegal gun confiscations.

"Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment," said Chris W. Cox, NRA chief lobbyist. "During a federally declared emergency, he abused his power and abandoned the very people he was sworn to protect. He took away the victims' freedom and their basic means of self-defense during an ill-fated and perilous time."

The motion also includes an order that all seized firearms must be returned to their rightful owners.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Makes me proud to be an NRA Life Member - Wayne LaPierre rocks, and so does our new female president. I think I'll go write them another check

Imagine being left totally defenseless in that dark hellhole with no phones, no 911 service, no police patrols - What were they thinking? These weren't the people brandishing weapons, they were people who were minding their own business and simply refused to leave their pets or their homes for whatever reason

That's one reason why we have a 2nd admendment in the first place, not so we can hunt rabbits when we want to - The other reason being that if we ever elect a Hitler wanta-be, citizens will have a means of fighting back.

The NRA is also planning to sue Washington, D.C. if Congress doesn't act to recend the stupid gun/Taser ban, and NYC cannot be far behind.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-02-06 at 11:43 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information