Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Ever attend a seance?

I was on tdy at a NAS in Oregon and went down to Seaside on a 72 hour pass. I met a girl on the beach who was spending a vacation with her grandmother at a hotel on the boardwalk.
    She invited me in to meet her grandma who turned out be a seer. She asked me if I'd ever taken part in a seance and would I like to that evening. I said sure, (not knowing what it was and more interested in the girl) I'd be glad to.
    About 9Pm she pulled the drapes, took out a card table and the 3 of us sat around the table and held hands, while she commenced mumbling and then talking to someone; then the table started shaking.. About that time I started to feel uneasy and at the moment the table stopped shaking and the woman looked up at me with an angry look and said you broke the spell. Since that night I've steered clear of palm, crystal ball, tea leave, ouija board readers or anyone messing with the occult.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Not me, heck I got nervous and dang near ran out of a voodoo store (one of the real ones) in New Orleans, just standing there looking around!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That's what a Georgia boy gets for hanging out in Oregon. Now, quit drinking that bong water and hanging out with hippy chicks.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I suspect that seers use the same kinds of tricks professional magicians use to make things move, because if they really could physically demonstrate the effects of their rituals, they would have a vested interest in inviting scientists to test their claims and demonstrate their validity, so that they would get more business, believers, and maybe even insurance and government funding, and scientists would also be interested in testing their claims because discovery of something like that would be a major scientific breakthrough. If seances can actually make tables move, that could easily be tested in scientifically controlled experiments. As far as I know, though, no seances have been demonstrated to have effects under scientifically controlled conditions. Then again, though, the seers could always say that the mere presence of scientists and controlled conditions "breaks the spell."

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    That's what a Georgia boy gets for hanging out in Oregon. Now, quit drinking that bong water and hanging out with hippy chicks.
    This Georgia boy would love to be back in Seaside right now!!..pretty wimmin, pretty beach, pretty boardwalk and pretty seafood restaurants with plenty of fresh crab legs and salmon.
    Here's the weather report in Seaside..Lots of sunshine. "High 61F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph." Right now under my carport it's 96F with plenty of sunshine and little or no wind.
    Shortly after leaving OR I swapped bong water for coffee and ice tea and the hippy chick is my wife.....

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Grandma wasn't dumb she did that to scare you away. She didn't want you bopping her granddaughter. Worked didn't it.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    Grandma wasn't dumb she did that to scare you away. She didn't want you bopping her granddaughter. Worked didn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Shortly after leaving OR I swapped bong water for coffee and ice tea and the hippy chick is my wife.....
    Sounds like Retmilleo won in the end!

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Was she from Eugene? If not was she from a place called Fremont in Seattle? Usually the difference between Fremont and Eugene is sandals to Birkenstocks.

And you are right about the coast weather being so nice this time of year. Found a couple nice spots out there about 2 months ago. A neighbor has a place further south in Grayland WA. Thursay, I made the proposal of buying it from him. Going to continue on that in next few weeks.
    Last edited by sgtbear111; 07-18-08 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add comment
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information