Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Eminem

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Eminem

Okay, I am not a big fan of rap, dont really care for it

I will find a song or two catchy and okay, but their is one artist that I find to be funny almost most of his songs I find catchy.

This artist would be the one listed in the title.

Do you dislike or like Eminem, I know from media that Eminem is often either loved or hated with the public (public social groups)

Whats your stance
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I like some of his music and think he's brighter than his outlook and lyrics say.

I don't like his message.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I watched a show on him once, it was interesting. He basically stated he doesnt necessarily believe in what he is rapping. He say was works together and what he thinks sells. I personally believe he probably is extremely bright and working the system to capitolize on what he is doing. I mean other than his lyrics, how often do you hear about him doing something shady?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    I watched a show on him once, it was interesting. He basically stated he doesnt necessarily believe in what he is rapping. He say was works together and what he thinks sells. I personally believe he probably is extremely bright and working the system to capitolize on what he is doing. I mean other than his lyrics, how often do you hear about him doing something shady?
    agree
    "That's how we roll"

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I mean other than his lyrics, how often do you hear about him doing something shady?
    Aside from Eminem being arrested for gun possession, two members of his entourage have been shot in recent years (Obie Trice and Proof), and his manager was arrested for rape... He's a valuable member of society.

I agree some of his songs are pretty catchy. I don't like his message though. If he truly doesn't believe in violence, I bet the records would sell just as well with the same beat and different lyrics.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    i agree on all the stuff said thus far. However, there are times when I listen to music purely for entertainment value and times when I listening to be entertained with music and a message. Eminem falls in the first category, along with Jay-Z, Gnarls Barkley, etc. The second is more Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Sonic Flood and Jars of Clay (all important messages, albeit very, very different ones from different perspectives).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    Aside from Eminem being arrested for gun possession, two members of his entourage have been shot in recent years (Obie Trice and Proof), and his manager was arrested for rape... He's a valuable member of society.

I agree some of his songs are pretty catchy. I don't like his message though. If he truly doesn't believe in violence, I bet the records would sell just as well with the same beat and different lyrics.
    I will give you the gun possession one, but you cant hold him accountable for other peoples actions/stupidity

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    He does his job: Entertains me.

Not all the time, but some of his songs.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Don't get me started on... never mind, maybe on the verified side
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I mean other than his lyrics, how often do you hear about him doing something shady?
    Shady? As in Slim Shady?

I suppose this is still within the category of lyrics, but he wrote a song (song name: "Kim", his wife's real name) graphically describing how he would murder his wife. Not that he actually did, but he did divorce, and then re-marry, and then re-divorce her. I wouldn't want to be his wife.

http://www.thelyricarchive.com/lyrics/kim.shtml

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Rap songs and cop shows seem to go together - "The Shield" would be just plain weird if the theme song was Julie Andrews singing "The Sound of Music".

So yeah, I'd like to hear him in a cop movie, during the scene where the gangstas who did the drive-by get a visit from the SWAT team

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think Eminem has been a positve for society. He provided me with the perfect name for every upper middle class kids trying to act like someone from the hood with street cred. However, I do think that he is smarter than most people give him credit for.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    I do enjoy some of his music. I'm not a big fan of most rap, but I do have a few of his songs. One song that I really particularly like is "When I'm Gone" (and when I'm gone just carry on/don't morn rejoice/everytime you hear the sound of my voice)

can be found here
    http://search.playlist.com/tracks/wh...0gone%20eminem
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm fond of "Without Me" for running.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I haven't bought an Eminem album since 2000 or so. I still listen to some of his songs on rare occasions, but I don't really care one way or the other.

Talented? Absolutely.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    I like him. I don't pay attention to the message in his lyrics. Nor do I pay attention to any singer/group's message in lyrics. If it's catchy and I can sing along, then it's up my alley.

Ass like that.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Don't care for him. Nothing personal I just don't care for rap or the majority of it's message. I wish entertainers would be more responsible with some of the garbage they produce.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information