Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Footprints in the sand..

Anyone see or witness something out of the ordinary lately? Not too often in these fast paced times, when most folks are too busy to notice the little things going on around them. Everyone has had moments at one time or another, where the scheme of things changes and you observe an incident or something completely out of the normal routine of daily events.
    A while back I was stopped at a light when getting off an interstate overpass.
    Looking over to my right I saw a shabbily dressed elderly man, followed by a medium size, shaggy, black dog, stepping onto the narrow walkway. Perhaps by the roar of the heavy traffic under the bridge the dog hesitated, then laid down with it's nose between it's paws. The man looked back, knelt down, picked up the dog then with the dog in his arms continued on his way.
    As the light changed the picture of footprints in the sand came to mind and I thought to myself, now if this were a beach, the 6 prints laid down by man and dog would've changed to 2 deeper prints when the guy knealed down, picked up the dog and went on their way.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Well, there is that alien abduction I was talking about in your other thread. Seee.....told ya.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Well, there is that alien abduction I was talking about in your other thread. Seee.....told ya.

Car 4

LOL...Like I said...welcome back to the real world.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    [IMG]
    A while back I was stopped at a light when getting off an interstate overpass.
    Looking over to my right I saw a shabbily dressed elderly man, followed by a medium size, shaggy, black dog, stepping onto the narrow walkway. Perhaps by the roar of the heavy traffic under the bridge the dog hesitated, then laid down with it's nose between it's paws. The man looked back, knelt down, picked up the dog then with the dog in his arms continued on his way.
    Good post.

All of that relates to the original 'footprints' story, the Rainbow Bridge, and the old story about the guy, his dog, and Heaven and hell.

I like it, because it showcases just what a man and his faithful companion will do for each other. I love my dog...in fact, I'd rather be with her than with 99% of the people I have met.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Car 4
    You promised me, alien, that if I followed you, you would arrange a UFO abduction for me before I had to pay my taxes. But I have noticed that during my IRS audit there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The alien replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints were when we aliens abducted you but then your government covered it up, erased your memories, and audited you to give you something more important to worry about. Be glad that you have a government even more powerful than aliens!”

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO

Car 4
    Yep, other then Jenna's dreams or maybe reality, everything has been fairly ordinary!

Jenna's at night beaming up to the aliens beckoning her, ah yes, she is oh so happy and smiley:

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I love my dog...in fact, I'd rather be with her than with 99% of the people I have met.

My dog is my closet friend, she has helped me through the hardest time of my life. She kept me sane (shush, I am relatively sane) when life events had me on the brink. Those warm brown caring eyes, and having her put her head in my hand at just the right moments, got me through it.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Thread Information