Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friday 5

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO

Friday 5

1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite?

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city?

3. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to?

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    1) there were none.
    2) Mario Andretti
    3)Drive in theaters (much simpler times)
    4) Good advise from others who have had the same problems.
    5) I don't remember it has been to long since I interacted with any family members.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite? Old Rat pack movies

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city? Dean Martin, Clark Hinkle, Me, and Robert Urich

3. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to? I like when men dressed nice and women wore a dress like the 50's

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource All the friends I have made, and meeting new people

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along? How my family came to America

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Andy Griffin Show
    Buster Highmen
    Hanging return as a form of capital punishment
    Networking with other LEOs
    I don't really feel like typing that much.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite? I Love Lucy

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city? Oscar Mayer! And of course the Fords, the Dodge brothers, and a host of musicians.

3. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to? Getting dressed up to go to the theater or out to dinner.

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource? The friends I've made, the things I learn, and the Site Staff (yes that sounds like a suck up comment but if not for them the site wouldn't be what it is).

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along? How my dad as a child rode his bike off of the roof of the house.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite?

Adam 12

None from precisely my neighborhood, until one of my sons makes it big.

People going armed and not in fear. Self reliance.

Interaction with people from all over the US who have something in common.

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?

I hear from my dad's old co-workers he was something of an asskicker.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Terminator is offline BANNED
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite?
    Before I was born, that hasn't aired during my life...none.

Thomas Jefferson...maybe you've heard of him.

Traditional values

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource?
    The members

5 What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?
    The most famous people in my family are the Younger Brothers, of the Younger-James Gang. So, I've heard stories about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James-Younger_gang

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to?
    Very little pollution, no nuclear bombs, no WMDs, if you wanted to kill people you had to do it with your own hands, one at a time.

What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource
    The people!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Would you believe Get Smart?
    Doesn't really count but Walt Frazier attended school here;
    family values, respect shown for elders, family
    everybody here, the great friends I've made
    My cousin was the first black homecoming queen at Southern Illinois University
    Wow, I had to think for a minute.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite?

The Andy Griffith Show - Mayberry RFD - Gomer Pyle USMC - Hogans Heroes. Well at least some of them aired before I was born.

George Lucas , Gary Condit

Family values, respect shown for elders, family.

The sense of family and camaraderie shown by the members here.

5 What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?

How my dads stepfather was shunned at the local Portuguese celebrations here. Because of his fair skin, red hair and blue eyes, everyone thought he was a foreigner or not Portuguese to them. That is until he cussed them out in their own language, then never returned.
    Took me a while, too.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO

Little House on the Prairie

No one from my tiny little town but i'll go with Laura Ingalls Wilder to stay on topic.

cheap gas... but really- just the respect for others especially those older than you.

The advice, and the people

During a big snow storm, my great grandpa pulled John Dillinger and "the lady in red" out of the ditch way back when.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sky King

Harry Houdini

Common courteousy.

The people

My brother Mike who was hit by a car and killed at age 7. I was born a year or 2 later.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by narcodog View Post
    1) there were none.
    2) Mario Andretti
    3)Drive in theaters (much simpler times)
    4) Good advise from others who have had the same problems.
    5) I don't remember it has been to long since I interacted with any family members.
    LOL i still have a drive-in in the city i grew up. Go there about 4 or 5 times a summer.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite? I loved Get Smart

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city? Hippies

3. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to? $0.01 a gallon for fuel and genuine conservative values

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource interacting with people across the country/world

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along? My grandfather accused all the youngins of drinking muddy water and then sitting right in front of the TV

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I Love Lucy!!

Actually Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. They had moved one of their homes near here and to this day it is still lived in by family of the Arnaz's. It is about 2 blocks from my home. Very gated and secluded, so haven't been able to see it. I am also near Norconian Club which was the hot spot for famous people back in the 20's and 30's. Rumor has it that that place sparked the song *Hotel California*.

Pepsi Cola in vending machines sitting outside old stores, served in the glass bottles. Also old summer days where you didn't fear the ice cream man or walking up to the corner store.

4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource.
    The wealth of information that comes in from all walks of LE....from all over the country. And also for the great buddies I have made

5 What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along? Hmmm can't think of any.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah87 View Post

Little House on the Prairie
    I still love catching this show when it is on!!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    They didn't have television when I was born.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite? Laurel and Hardy

My childhood home = Houdini

When people didn't call the cops on kids playing ball in the street

There's some good folks here

The ghost story from my geat-great grandmother
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, whatís your favorite? Our Gang

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city? Mary Ingles and Big Bone Lick with the huge bones of prehistoric mammals.
    3. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to? Drive-In Theaters
    4. What is your favorite thing about Officer Resource All the wonderful people here and the Auctions

5 Whatís a story thatís often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?My dad as a kid jumping from a 2-story building with an umbrella ( broke both legs)
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO

1. Hogans Heroes
    2. Carlton Fisk. Daniel Webster was from nearby too.
    3. Pride in our Country
    4. Reca
    5. My grandfather stationed in the South Pacific in WWII shooting spiders with his .38...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information