Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....

Cool What a Kick, My First Ghost Hunt

Hey Check out my story about my first ghost hunt, I know that people are sceptic but I am a very strong believer in the super natural. So My mom told me that her and her friend were going ghost hunting and I told her that I was coming. So here's the website: http://erinswishingwell.blogspot.com I was rather entertaining, I would post the whole thing on here but i'm tired of using my brain tonight to care... so here's my short cut lol.

Let me know what you think
    Life is a fleeting memory,
    It come and goes,
    But one thing will always remain.
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Cool. I believe in it also. Call me crazy but this story actually happened. Just after my husband died I got my dog. She looked exactly like a dog we had had years before. A few nights after I got her, she jumped up on my bed and started growling and barking and looking in the corner of the room above a humidor on what had been my husband's side of the bed. I looked and there was nothing there. This happened the next night also. Well, it just happened that I had had my husband cremated and his ashes were in the humidor. The following night it happened again, so I looked in the corner and said "Neil, knock it off, quit teasing the dog." The dog stopped barking. It continued to happen every couple weeks, and I would tell him to stop teasing her and she would again stop barking. This happened occasionally off and on until I moved. Strange thing, my tenant called me one day. She said strange things would happen in the middle of the night. The dogs would bark and stare at nothing. I finally told her the circumstances (she is also a believer). She did not know my husband had died in the house, just that he had died. She said that there were times when she would feel a cool breeze where there shouldn't be a cool breeze. I told her not to be concerned, he would never hurt her or cause her kids any problems. He loved kids and he had also known my tenant when she was a very young child and had always had a soft spot for her. I believe he is still in the house. I have another story, but this one is one that most don't believe so I won't tell it here. But the above is true.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    I have had the cool breezes and other wierd stuff happen in a house I lived in , in New Orleans, on Canal Street.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Like most old college's, we have a couple buildings that are supposed to be haunted. Every year we have a couple groups come through and setup all the high-tec camera's and such trying to film it. I'm usually the one on to let them into the buildings. I always tell them good luck, but please don't tell me what you find.

I'm don't necessarily believe in ghosts, but I really don't want to be proved wrong on it.

link to story

You know what's kinda funny, after I went that night and told my boyfriend the stories of the cemetary I think that he got interested in it because he wants to go to our local cemetary....and he doesn't believe in the super natural....I think that I got him interested.

And please MACK do tell you other story....i'm very optimistic
    It come and goes,
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

I remembered what I was going to type....but I got sidetracked at work lol

My parents had this golden retriever that got put down bucause of the cancer all over his body and he wasn't that old....well he would do the elvis lip, carry his bowl around when he was hungry and jump on the couch and sleep whenever he wanted to.

Well they saved his ashes and my parents bought a new male golden just like him and they swear up and down that it is bucky's spirit in the new puppy.....the puppy does everything that he did. It's hilarious
    It come and goes,
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I've never experienced any supernatural activity, but I'm open to the possibility--I think anything is possible unless scientifically proven to be impossible, and most things cannot be scientifically proven to be impossible. I'd like to see more scientific efforts to investigate supernatural phenomena.

I'd love to hear your harder to believe ghost story as well, Mack.

You know what you should do Jenna, Just do what we did....take a digital camera....and BRING EXTRA BATTERIES!!! Trust me.... they like to play with your camera and drain your batteries...and go there at dusk and take pic with the flash off and then when it gets dark, take pics with the flash on....and remember that they could be dust balls....so if you want I will give you my email and you can send me the pics and i'll have a friend check them out.
    It come and goes,
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory View Post
    You know what you should do Jenna, Just do what we did....take a digital camera....and BRING EXTRA BATTERIES!!! Trust me.... they like to play with your camera and drain your batteries...and go there at dusk and take pic with the flash off and then when it gets dark, take pics with the flash on....and remember that they could be dust balls....so if you want I will give you my email and you can send me the pics and i'll have a friend check them out.
    I'd like to catch them and have them analyzed in a lab.

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I think many of these ghost hunters want to see something so bad that they will take any little thing and convince themselves that it was a ghost.

I am not saying I don't believe the things can be out there, I am just saying that many times people want it so bad that they will make it up

I know what you mean RECA, and I'm sceptically about half of the pictures out there. I know that they exist and I wasn't in a real bad hurry to see one saturday, I knew that if they wanted to show themselves then they would
    It come and goes,
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO

restrained spirits

Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    Cool. I believe in it also. Call me crazy but this story actually happened. Just after my husband died I got my dog. She looked exactly like a dog we had had years before. A few nights after I got her, she jumped up on my bed and started growling and barking and looking in the corner of the room above a humidor on what had been my husband's side of the bed. I looked and there was nothing there. This happened the next night also. Well, it just happened that I had had my husband cremated and his ashes were in the humidor. The following night it happened again, so I looked in the corner and said "Neil, knock it off, quit teasing the dog." The dog stopped barking. It continued to happen every couple weeks, and I would tell him to stop teasing her and she would again stop barking. This happened occasionally off and on until I moved. Strange thing, my tenant called me one day. She said strange things would happen in the middle of the night. The dogs would bark and stare at nothing. I finally told her the circumstances (she is also a believer). She did not know my husband had died in the house, just that he had died. She said that there were times when she would feel a cool breeze where there shouldn't be a cool breeze. I told her not to be concerned, he would never hurt her or cause her kids any problems. He loved kids and he had also known my tenant when she was a very young child and had always had a soft spot for her. I believe he is still in the house. I have another story, but this one is one that most don't believe so I won't tell it here. But the above is true.

I believe that ghosts can exist. I would separate them from spirits of those we once loved - for they do exist. I hear my parent's voices form time to time. I hear friends that were killed in line of duty or by suicide. I hear the voices of women I have loved, esp. when there are unresolved issues. Sometimes I think my consciense is the voice of the spirit.

I offer the following questions:
    Do ghosts or spirits exist?
    Can they be the voice of our conscience?
    Are they male and female ?
    Do they have feelings?

In the case of the post quoted above, were there unresolved issues? It seems kind of weird to keep cremated remains on your bed, unless there is an unresolved anger or control issue.

A certain way to know where your man is. lol

What was the spirit of Neil seeking? Perhaps his spirit wanted to be free, released somewhere else, or his remains to be returned to the earth he came from or a place he loved?

Are you crazy? No.
    Are you angry and controlling? Ask the lady in the mirror.............
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    A few years ago we went to Gettysburg and we got several interesting things on carera, however what was really interesting was the one evening we went on a ghost walk and during the introduction one gentleman said he wasn't a believer until the night before. This raised made me curious so after the walk ended I went over and talked to him, he showed me a photo taken in the Wheatfield at night just down from Devils Den and in the photo you could see what appeared to be a Civil War officer from the head down to the waste. The gentleman that took the photo was a Capt with a Sheriff's Dept in Ill. If he's on this forum, send me a copy.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    This raised made me curious so after the walk ended I went over and talked to him, he showed me a photo taken in the Wheatfield at night just down from Devils Den and in the photo you could see what appeared to be a Civil War officer from the head down to the waist
    What was under his waist? Was it just not in the frame of the camera lens or was he just a floating torso without legs? Did he look translucent or did he look solid? If he was solid and had legs, maybe he was just someone dressed up for the occasion, or a statue. If not, then

If I ever see a ghost that looks like it might be able to talk, I will follow it around and ask it questions until it either answers me or bans me from its cemetery out of annoyance.

Hey MACK!!! I wanna hear your story gr lol
    It come and goes,
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    What was under his waist? Was it just not in the frame of the camera lens or was he just a floating torso without legs? Did he look translucent or did he look solid? If he was solid and had legs, maybe he was just someone dressed up for the occasion, or a statue. If not, then
    It was like the upper portion of the body was a light and below the waste it faded to black. When he took the picture it was about 9:00PM in October so it was really dark. The light kind of streamed in from the left and then formed the body.

Thread Information