Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Anyone a member of the masons?

last week I was in a doctor's office and seeing the masonic ring on my finger brought up the subject of free masonry and told me that he and his brother had been orphans and brought up in a masonic home for children. The first home for orphaned children in Georgia was established in 1903 in Macon. It's founder Max Meyerhardt said during the laying of the cornerstone, "if only one girl can be saved from degradation, If only one boy can be rescued from a life of crime, If only one soul can be saved for humanity and God,
    If but one tear dried, one sorrow comforted this will be sufficient reward for all our toils and struggles."
    There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of masonic and Scottish Rite children's hospitals and homes scattered around the US and world who are doing a commendable and charitable service for sick and homeless children.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    I have been a member since 1996. Sadly I have fallen out with my home lodge brothern and havent attended a meeting since January and probably will not any time soon.
    While it is a very noble organization it is routinly used as a social status builder and I do not agree with that.
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Do the Masons still bury treasure and hide clues about where to find it on dollar bills?

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I have many family members who a affiliated with the Mason's

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Do the Masons still bury treasure and hide clues about where to find it on dollar bills?
    LOL..Jenna, you are confused. Masons don't bury treasure or hide clues, Captain Kidd does that or maybe members of the Oddfellow's lodge.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Pomona Lodge #246. Raised 1974. Followed my father and followed by two uncles and my cousin. Long family tradition of Masonic activity.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I believe my father was a member of Torrance Lodge #394 but not sure. This was in the mid '60s to early '70s when we were living in Torrance, CA at the time. Though I do not follow the Masons myself, they are generally good people and I respect them for that. That goes for Eastern Star, Rebekkah, DeMolay, etc.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Union Kit Carson Lodge#58 Entered Apprentice

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Craiger is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Brattleboro Lodge #102 Free and Accepted Masons and ANCIENT ACCEPTED SCOTTISH RITE OF FREE MASONRY NMJ (VALLEY OF BRATTLEBORO) Vermont.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I'm not a mason, but I have used your jars. Thanks!
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.” – Jeff Cooper'

Craiger is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    King Solomon’s Temple was destroyed twice in Jerusalem. It has been discussed for many years that the Temple held vast treasures that were guarded by both the masons and the
    Knights Templars.

Judgeing by the above I'd say we got enough already to watch over we dont need to be hiding anymore.

But Jenna, the real answer is we can't tell you unless you know the secret word and handshake

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I am not a Mason, but I like the way they work!

While in Iraq I took a mission to deliver 4 hummers to the Baghdad Airport complex where they were to get armor upgrades. When I arrived they inspected the truck and decided that they had to many mechanical issues to put new armor on...those were the same issues we took on missions with us everyday. I could not reson with the guy that I just ran a gauntlet of IED's and ambush to get there and did not want to be told buy a civilian that I needed to go back without the new armor.

One of my guys came up to tell me something and saw the guy I was talking to had a Mason ring on, they talked in another room and the next thing I knew the trucks would be fixed, one got a new engine and the armor would be installed. I have been interested in the Masons since...I just dont know where to start.

Any help?
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post

One of my guys came up to tell me something and saw the guy I was talking to had a Mason ring on, they talked in another room and the next thing I knew the trucks would be fixed, one got a new engine and the armor would be installed. I have been interested in the Masons since...I just dont know where to start.

Any help?
    Just go in to your local lodge and ask how to join and / or become a Mason. I think thats how it works. Masons never solicit membership, or so I have been told. Or you could ask some one that you know that is a Mason. Maybe he might have to sponsor you. Just grasping at straws here.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Just go in to your local lodge and ask how to join and / or become a Mason. I think thats how it works. Masons never solicit membership, or so I have been told.
    If you can't find the lodge, just follow the directions by decoding the clues they left on dollar bills.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If you can't find the lodge, just follow the directions by decoding the clues they left on dollar bills.
    Gee, Jenna Googlemaster, why don't you just post the link?

Freemasonry and the U.S. One Dollar Bill, Great Seal and Flag

http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/onedollarbill.html

Not a LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post
    I am not a Mason, but I like the way they work!

While in Iraq I took a mission to deliver 4 hummers to the Baghdad Airport complex where they were to get armor upgrades. When I arrived they inspected the truck and decided that they had to many mechanical issues to put new armor on...those were the same issues we took on missions with us everyday. I could not reson with the guy that I just ran a gauntlet of IED's and ambush to get there and did not want to be told buy a civilian that I needed to go back without the new armor.

Any help?
    A mason will never ask you to join, so contact any mason and tell him that you're interested in free masonry and would like to become a member. If you know someone who's a mason and would vouch for your good character, clean record, Etc. it would be best to go that route. If all goes well, someone from the local lodge will contact you and you'll be on your way to becoming a master mason.

depdog is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I was raised on Dec. 16, 2010 at High Twelve #317 F&A M
    If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed." "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours."
    -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, U.S. Army (Ret.)

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

And they are going to rule the world from the sub basements of the Denver airport.

I have known many Masons. My restaurant was 1 block from a Temple. I got the grand tour and was asked if I was interested. One of my jobs included catering to the Jesters. I think they are an elite group?
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Past Master of Circle Lodge 638, 32nd degree Scottish Rite here. I haven't been active in a while, intend to get back in it when I slow down a little.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdog View Post
    I was raised on Dec. 16, 2010 at High Twelve #317 F&A M
    Congratulations! Now you know where the treasure is buried!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information