Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: Been In Police Work Too Long?
08-11-08, 09:26 AM #1
Been In Police Work Too Long?
Top Ten Reasons Why You Know You Have Been In Police Work To Long:
1. You are arresting the sons of the sons of your former arrestees.
2. You think the Captain and commander are bed wetting liberals.
3. You can identify who's a Greyhound Bus passenger by his tooth and tattoo count.
4. You know that "two beers" will be at least a 0.20 BAC.
5. You believe that a permit should be required to be a parent (and you should be giving out the permits).
6. You believe that caffeine is a food group.
7. You take it as a compliment when someone calls you a dick.
8. You believe that suicide isn't always the wrong choice.
9. You believe that it is a "good" death only if it involves overtime.
10. You have co-workers that pay more in child support and alimony every month than you make in a year.Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]
08-11-08, 10:58 AM #2
08-11-08, 11:14 AM #3
"I used to care
but now I take a pill for that"
08-11-08, 11:14 AM #4
08-11-08, 11:15 AM #5
Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?
08-11-08, 07:00 PM #6
9 out of 10. Retirement creeps closer and closer.Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me
We are who we choose to be.
R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012
08-11-08, 08:58 PM #7
08-14-08, 12:45 AM #8
Papa Bear: did we go to different schools together?
Very good points - reminded me of a few:
#1. Father to son, yeah, just add alcohol or dope. The DOB always reminds me of how many years I was on the job in that year. The hereditary crimainal class is an example of your welfare dollars at work. Criminals are an in-bred sub-species with a very small gene pool. Matriarchal centered breeding groups, with tax-payer subsidized breeding pens, with taxpayer supported females of breeding age with multiple males not presently incarcerated.
#2. You were the FTO for the present Capt or Commdr. They didn't do well then, but had more common sense than today...
#3. add long sleeves on a hot day, and "jail-house tan"
#4. As for "two-beers"? I always asked after hearing that "did you drink 2 beers right out of the pitcher?" Several answered "yeah, 2 pitchers".
#5. yep. see #1
#6. add chocolate and fench fries with tarter sauce
#7. being called names - I considered the street turds more sincere than the brass. At least the street turd would look you in the eye, and skip the Bill Clinton "handshake".
#8. suicides by child molesters, rapists, etc. were considered a successful effort towards "sincere and complete rehabilitation".
#9. overtime yes, Career felons can die a good death... as soon as possible and thus remanded to a "higher court"..
#10. before or after the payments for the boat, bike, or new wheels..?
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous
Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.
The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.
08-15-08, 10:06 AM #9
Good thread, LMAO.SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM-Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"
"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
-General Omar Bradley, United States Army
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)