Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Official College Football Trash Talking Thread

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    I have always been a Wolverine Fan...but...come on...this is funny.....

ANTHRAX SCARE AT MICHIGAN

Michigan football practice was delayed nearly two hours late this
    morning after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery
    substance on the practice field. Head coach Rich Rodriguez immediately
    suspended practice while police and federal agents were called to
    investigate. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined
    that the white substance, unknown to the players, was the goal line.
    Practice was resumed this afternoon after special agents decided the
    team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Although...this could go for the perfect season Lions as well........
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK....time for what I like to call "Plan C." Mizzou beats o.u. in the Big 12 Championship game. Then, Alabama beats Florida. That would set up a Texas-Alabama BCS Title game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    It's too bad for Five-0 that #2 Florida, who has the #1 rated offense and defense in college football, is going to beat Alabama.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

For the non-Big 12 folks...how would you vote, if you had a vote? Is the Texas head-to-head neutral site win over o.u. put Texas ahead, or do you go for o.u. by virtue of their absolute shellacking of Tech (the team that beat Texas)?
    Texas should get the nod if I get a vote based on their head to head win but what do I know Bob , I also voted for McCain.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    It's too bad for Five-0 that #2 Florida, who has the #1 rated offense and defense in college football, is going to beat Alabama.
    Ahhh memories, first it was Clemson that was going to beat us. Then it was Georgia that was going to sort us out. Then we beat the team picked to win the Western division of the SEC. A division we were picked to finish 3rd in by the way. I for one will admit that Bama surprised even me this year. I picked next year to be their year on this very forum. http://officerresource.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20304

The Florida Gators are a great offense. They make me think of a polished boxer, quick and deliberate. Ready to hit you with lightning quick jabs and powerful uppercuts. The Tide is not so polished and as a whole not so quick. They make me think of muscle bound street fighter. We don't do things pretty. We just get you on the ground and pound you into a bloody pulp. Some would say that the games Bama has played against its opponents is a good measure of their worth. I say that is only half the story. The other half is how the teams Bama has played have faired after a punishing game with the Tide. Most of the teams just haven't been the same. This game will be better than you think Term.

YouTube - Alabama vs. Florida 2008

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK....time for what I like to call "Plan C." Mizzou beats o.u. in the Big 12 Championship game. Then, Alabama beats Florida. That would set up a Texas-Alabama BCS Title game.
    Better start putting "Plan D" together.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3734094

Crimson Tide have the ingredients to beat the Gators

By Mark Schlabach
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: November 29, 2008

Alabama Shuts Down Auburn In Iron Bowl, 36-0

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Florida might be the fastest team in the history of college football.
    With receiver Percy Harvin and tailbacks Jeffery Demps and Chris Rainey, the Gators might have more speed than the Jamaican sprint team that ran away with the Beijing Olympics.
    Florida also has quarterback Tim Tebow, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, and one of the country's most improved defenses.
    The No. 4 Gators walloped rival Florida State 45-15 at Doak Campbell Stadium on Saturday, marking the seventh consecutive game in which they scored 40 points or more.
    In fact, since losing to Ole Miss 31-30 in The Swamp on Sept. 27, the Gators have outscored their eight opponents 414-97, and won each game by at least four touchdowns.
    But the Gators won't beat Alabama in Saturday's SEC championship game in Atlanta's Georgia Dome.
    The No. 1 Crimson Tide almost quietly completed a perfect 12-0 regular season on Saturday night, blasting rival Auburn 36-0 at Bryant-Denny Stadium. It was Alabama's first victory in its past seven tries in the game known as the Iron Bowl, and none of its previous 11 wins this season was any more pleasing.
    "Our biggest goal this year was to make sure we won this game," Alabama safety Rashad Johnson said. "Being 11-0 made it that much bigger. It was one thing just to win, but to come in and dominate and shut them out makes it that much sweeter."
    Nothing will be more gratifying for Alabama than beating the Gators on Saturday night. The winner of the SEC championship game is all but guaranteed a spot in the Jan. 8 BCS Championship Game in South Florida, where it probably will play a Big 12 team for the national title.
    [+] Enlarge
    AP Photo/Dave Martin
    Nick Saban knows the way to No. 1, and it goes through Florida in the Georgia Dome.

Even though the Crimson Tide have been ranked No. 1 in the BCS standings for more than a month, the Gators have been the league's "hot" team since the calendar turned to October. Florida beat defending national champion LSU by 30 points. The Gators beat preseason No. 1 Georgia by 39. They beat South Carolina and former Florida coach Steve Spurrier by 50.
    But Alabama has the necessary ingredients -- a stifling, physical defense and a punishing, ball-control offense -- to slow the Gators down.
    And the Crimson Tide have coach Nick Saban, who was paid a whopping $4 million per season to return Alabama to its previous glory.
    So far, at least, Saban is at least two years ahead of schedule. And whether you love or hate him, it's hard to find many coaches who are better than Saban at preparing a game plan.
    "I think they're playing extremely well and they've dominated a lot of their opponents," Saban said. "They're certainly going to be a challenge for us. They're playing well, and we're playing pretty well. I think we've got two contrasting styles, and I think it will be interesting to see how those styles affect the outcome of the game."
    It's almost as if the SEC's old guard will battle its new regime in Atlanta. Coach Urban Meyer was lured to Florida from Utah and used his dynamic spread offense to lead the Gators to a national championship in his second season in 2006. Saban is coaching at his second SEC school after leading LSU to the 2003 BCS national title, then leaving for the NFL's Miami Dolphins.
    Saban's method is almost methodical. The Crimson Tide ran 68 offensive plays against Auburn, and, predictably, 50 of them were on the ground. Alabama ran for 234 yards, led by junior Glen Coffee's 144 yards on 20 carries.
    Senior quarterback John Parker Wilson attempted only 16 passes, completing eight throws for 134 yards with one touchdown.

I think they're playing extremely well and they've dominated a lot of their opponents. They're certainly going to be a challenge for us. They're playing well, and we're playing pretty well.

-- Nick Saban on Florida

Florida gashes opponents from everywhere. Whether it's Tebow running and throwing or handing off to Harvin, or Demps and Rainey sprinting out of the backfield in a hurry, defenses are never sure where the Gators will attack them next.
    Alabama's plan is much simpler. Odds are the Crimson Tide will run behind their mammoth offensive line -- led by left tackle Andre Smith and center Antoine Caldwell -- on nearly every down.
    That's exactly what the Crimson Tide did against Auburn, and it worked to near perfection.
    "I think the biggest thing was we were able to control the line of scrimmage and run the ball a little bit," Saban said. "Glen had a good game, and that was probably the difference. They couldn't run it on us, and that put them in a situation where their quarterback had to try to beat us a different way."
    Alabama doesn't have to be as explosive on offense because its defense won't surrender many points. Auburn ran 30 times for only 57 yards.
    Tigers quarterback Kodi Burns seemed confused from the start, completing only 9 of 23 passes for 113 yards. He was sacked twice and ran 12 times for 6 yards.
    "As soon as we got a little pressure on him, he quit going through his reads and started scrambling," Johnson said.
    Tebow is much better than Burns, who struggled all season directing Auburn's failed spread offense. But if the Crimson Tide's defense flexes its muscle again, Tebow might have to beat Alabama with his arm instead of his legs.
    "It's going to be a good game," said Terrence Cody, the Tide's 365-pound nose guard. "We're both very good teams. Florida is flashier and all that stuff. But we're hard-nosed, and we'll go out there and give them everything we've got."

[+] Enlarge
    AP Photo/Dave Martin
    Glen Coffee leads a potent Alabama rushing attack.

With Cody healthy again, Alabama's defense should have more than enough to slow the Gators down. Cody played much better against Auburn, after returning from a knee injury two weeks ago. The Tide's open date last week couldn't have come at a better time for him. "It helps us tremendously because he's hard to single block," Saban said. "He practiced a lot better and had his quickness and mobility back. I don't think he was that way prior to the off week. I think it helped his conditioning."
    The Crimson Tide have back one of their best players. Harvin, who might be Florida's most dangerous weapon, left Saturday's game against Florida State with a sprained ankle.
    Whether Harvin is back or not, the Crimson Tide can't turn the SEC championship game into a track meet. Alabama won't win.
    But the Crimson Tide will win by doing what they've done all along: playing great defense and controlling the clock with their running game.
    "I think we are who we are," Saban said. "The way we play is who we are. They're going to have to match our style of play, and we're going to have to match their speed. Their style of offense is entirely different from what we've seen so far this season."
    And the Gators haven't seen a team as strong or menacing as the Crimson Tide.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO

A picture is worth a thousand words!

The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    No picture.

Verified LEO
    A picture is worth a thousand words!
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    No picture.
    does this mean it's only worth 250 words, or so?
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Verified LEO
    I don't understand. The picture shows up for me. Please tell me how to fix it.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Gas up the PINE BOX!!! Tubby Ears is out the door.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Stalker and I have notice a pattern for coaches that played the Tide this season:

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    I can not belive they fired him. I guess I shouldn't be to suprised after the Patrino thing a couple years ago. The one that needs to go it Bobby Lowder. Just because you donate tons of money shouldn't mean you dictate the school.

I think I'll pull for Will Muschamp to get the job, though I don't think he'll take it. I don't see the guy from Texas Tech being offered it despite what I've heard. Seems to me one try with the spread was enough. That and you still need a defense to win in the SEC.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Gas up the PINE BOX!!! Tubby Ears is out the door.

Thanks, Five-0! This is the picture I was trying to post earlier.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thanks, Five-0! This is the picture I was trying to post earlier.

That's what I'm here for bro. On a side note, the blood letting has begun at aubarn:

http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_no...tid=&mid=&rid=

UA picks up Peach LB

Shane Youngblood
    BamaOnLine.com
    Although hope looked lost when this speedy outside LB from Atlanta committed to Auburn earlier in the fall, the Alabama staff stayed persistent and picked up their 19th commitment of the class of 2009 on the eve of their biggest game in 16 years. Check inside for the latest.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I can not belive they fired him. I guess I shouldn't be to suprised after the Patrino thing a couple years ago. The one that needs to go it Bobby Lowder. Just because you donate tons of money shouldn't mean you dictate the school.

I think I'll pull for Will Muschamp to get the job, though I don't think he'll take it. I don't see the guy from Texas Tech being offered it despite what I've heard. Seems to me one try with the spread was enough. That and you still need a defense to win in the SEC.
    Muschamp would be the best the barn could get. However, Buffalo's coach, Turner Gill, has barn ties and he could be the diamond in the rough.

Verified LEO
    Muschamp has said (and I guess his new extension has language that confirms it) that he's staying at UT and will take over when Mack Brown retires. Hopefully that's a long, long way away, because Mack has been the best thing to happen to Texas Football.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    And so the dream ends..............

It is a sad day in Muncie, IN.

The Cardinals finally ran into a team that could beat them...........themselves. Oh yeah, and the refs too. RB MiQuale Lewis put the ball in the end zone, and the refs rules it down at the one. The video review showed that he got the ball in before he was out of bounds. But yet the refs upheld the call. Two plays later, QB Nate Davis tries to leap into the end zone and coughs up the ball. With all the Ball State players at the goal line at that point, Buffalo runs the ball back all the way for a touchdown. Right there was a 14 point swing that not only changed the score, but started to change the Ball State psyche. Ball State responded by driving the ball all the way back down to the 15. Then a bad snap and Davis not being ready for the snap, and another fumble gets returned for a touchdown. Though like the other fumble, a couple plays previous, they had a long reception overturned on replay, even though the replay apeared to show the catch was good (thought there was supposed to be indisputable evidence to overturn a call ). After the second fumble return, the game was over. But even if the refs jobbed them, a championship caliber team would overcome that. Ball State did not. Five plays decided this game, 2 blown calls, and 3 fumbles by BSU. I know that the "classy" thing to say is that Buffalo deserves credit for a big win. But to be honest, Buffalo didn't win the game. Ball State gave them the game. Ball State outgained Buffalo 503-301.

My partner at work was saying that Ball State should turn down any bowl bid because they don't deserve to play in a bowl after that game. I told him he was an idiot and a fair weather fan. BSU is still a top 25 team. And they still have had an amazing season unlike anything ever experienced around here. They just won't go down as the best MAC team ever. That will still be Marshall a few years back, who went undefeated and finished at #10. It will take a while for the sour taste to leave my mouth after this game.

The ironic thing about the whole situation though, is that the outcome of the game most likely won't even affect what bowl BSU plays in or against who. I just hope that they can get a 22nd or 23rd ranked Pittsburgh to play in Detroit. Then at least they will have a change to reprove themselves against a team that is decent. That would be the measure of this team, if they can come back and show the world that the MAC Championship was a fluke. Though now that BSU isn't trying to show they are a top ten team anymore, I would love to see them play Notre Dame. No one outside of Indiana would care about the game, but it would mean something here.

I just hope BSU can keep as many players as possible for next year. Hopefully this game doesn't make Nate Davis leave to be a 1st round draft pick in the NFL. Hopefully coach Brady Hoke isn't lured away by Clemson or some other school looking for a new coach. The one shining detail of the game was that Briggs Orsbon showed that he is going to be a big time receiver, provided that he has a decent QB to throw the ball to him. When Dante Love got his neck broken, no one expected BSU to be able to go undefeated. But as the season went on, the momentum kept building and people started believing. I hope that BSU can win whatever bowl game and keep enough players to maybe start out next season in the top 25. Then they could try to make one more run. After that, the ride will most likely be over.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information