Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Official College Football Trash Talking Thread

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Refrigerator....more like a Kitchen.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    On a more serious note, I watched this game last night. Sloppy sloppy game to say the least, but this is damn retarted. I would want charges pressed against this asshat:

Scout.com: Instant Analysis - LeGarrette Blount's Punch

Instant Analysis - LeGarrette Blount's Punch Pete Fiutak
    CollegeFootballNews.com
    Sep 4, 2009
    If you haven't seen it, you will. Over and over and over again. The season isn't more than a few hours old, but it has already been defined by Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount's punching of Boise state's Byron Hout after the Broncos' 19-8 victory. Pete Fiutak gives his take on what Oregon has to do with its star running back.

Instant Analysis - The Punch

The LeGarrette Blount Meltdown

<A href="http://cfn.scout.com/2/557845.html">
    By Pete Fiutak

Everyone is going to have the exact same reaction to the extremely well-connected punch thrown by Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount to the jaw of Boise State sophomore defensive end Byron Hout following the end of the Broncos' 19-8 win over the Ducks.

Everyone is going to instantly demand that Blount be kicked off the team, he’ll be made out to be the embodiment of everything that might be wrong with college football, and there will be many who'll ask for a heavier punishment. Some might wonder aloud about possible assault charges, and some might say that wearing the horrific-looking Oregon uniform was punishment enough. There will be various degrees of knee-jerk analysis following the ugly punctuation to the start of the 2009 season, but it'll all follow the exact same form.

And with good reason.

There is no excuse for physical violence as a reaction to anything said. Never. Yeah, anyone who has ever competed at something and has had their heart ripped out in a loss knows exactly how raw nerves are in the immediate aftermath, and everyone has had some moment in their lives when they’d like to revert to the most primal of instincts and inflict bodily harm on some jerkweed who verbally pushes the right buttons or extends a finger after getting honked at for talking on a cell phone while going 45 in the left lane. But we don’t, for the most part, and we can’t.

Every fan gets it, to a point, and fully understands that ten minutes after their team loses in the bottom of the ninth on a home run, or gets beaten on a last-second prayer from half court, or sees the championship dream die in a blink of an eye, that there is something of an irrational, emotional aspect to sports that’s part of the reason why winning is so special and losing hurts so much. And to be fair, Hout appeared to be taunting Blount and was looking to rub it in to the point where Boise State head coach, Chris Petersen, had to take his player by the shoulder pads and yelled at him. And then came the punch.

Had Blount missed, this would’ve been seen as an ugly incident that deserved a suspension of at least a few games. But Blount connected in a dream shot that buckled Hout’s knees and appeared to knock him out for a few seconds. Whatever happens to Blount, he might be busted as much for being accurate as he will be for throwing the punch in the first place, and that’s an important distinction. Had he missed, he could’ve argued that he got caught up in the heat of the moment and at the last possible nano-second chose to sail his shot wide. But there’s no mistaking the punch and its connection, and there’s no sugar coating what needs to happen next.

Blount’s career as an Oregon football player needs to be over. If football programs are the ultimate public relations tool for a university, which they unfortunately are, then there can’t be any incidents like this of such a high profile nature. All week, talk radio shows across the country and all columnists with a voice won’t be talking about the Oregon business school or its philosophy department. They’ll be talking about how Blount was able to be on the team in the first place after a tumultuous offseason with a suspension and a death in the family, but every program has players who have off-the-field problems of some sort.

Had Blount punched a guy in a bar, this would’ve been side item news, he would’ve been suspended for a “violation of team rules,” and then he would be back for the USC game. But Blount can’t escape this, and now, because the images are so vivid, he’ll be thrown in the same bus as Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, and other sports figures who are seen as lawless thugs and will end up feeling the outrage of a bored sports nation that’s desperate to jump all over the villain of the moment. That Blount went ballistic, after being taunted by a fan in the stands, and had to be restrained by assistant coach Scott Frost, who made the best tackle any Oregon Duck had come up with all night, only adds gas to the fire. In college football, in this case, it’s one strike and you’re out, and no one knows this better than Oregon, who famously has been all about image thanks to super-booster and Nike chairman, Phil Knight.

Of course, if this was the NFL, even in Roger Goodell’s iron-fisted world, it would be different argument. Albert Haynesworth’s stomping of Andre Gurode was far more vicious and far more dangerous than Blount’s punch, and now the Washington Redskin has a $100 million dollar contract. It could be argued that Brett Favre’s chickenspit crackback block on Eugene Wilson of the Houston Texans was far worse than Blount’s action, but that was in the middle of a play (although it was totally inexcusable and Favre should be suspended for it). But for all its hypocrisy and all its issues, college football players have to be held to a higher standard because they’re the representatives of something more than a multi-billion dollar corporation. For Blount, this is what he’ll always be known for no matter what he does with the rest of his life, and this is what’s going to define the Oregon season that’s not more than a half a day old.

Oregon fans, don’t try to make excuses just because he’s a superstar player and your season might go in the tank without him. Do your university proud and demand that you don’t want him representing you or your school on the football field.

Activists, don’t make this a black-and-white issue (unless it comes out that Hout said anything racially motivated, in which case there’s a whole other story to deal with). At the moment, this is simply one player talking smack to another, and getting bopped for it, at a time when emotions were high.

And let’s not make this a world-against-LeGarrette Blount issue. It wasn’t a sucker punch, and wrong as it might have been, he was provoked. He’s only 22-years-old, and while he obviously has anger management issues, it’s not fair to let one very public incident that’ll be replayed a bazillion times on YouTube over the next few months ruin his life.

Blount shouldn’t be allowed to play football at Oregon anymore. And for his sins, hopefully, others will learn from the price he’ll no doubt end up paying.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i saw that...what an asshole. not only does he SUCKER PUNCH the guy, but then he punches his own teammate who is just trying to get him out of there. then he tries to go into the stands to fight a whole group of people who are taunting him. hes out of control, and would not be on my football team if i had anything to say about it. what a turd. i think he also just went from a late 2nd-early third round pick to undrafted. i hope it was worth it.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    I never said it took a MENSA membership to make the squad...but for those that would like to return to the topic at hand...

The USC Trojans football program, established in 1888, is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I-A and the Pacific Ten Conference (Pac-10) under head coach Pete Carroll. The Trojans have been a football powerhouse throughout NCAA history, making claim to 11 national championships in total.[1] In recent years, USC has consistently ranked in the top 5 of the final BCS and AP Polls. The football team is regarded as the centerpiece of an athletic program that has won more NCAA men's individual and men's team titles than any other university and is third in co-ed team titles, behind fellow Pac-10 schools UCLA and Stanford.
    Lets not forget our 33 Appearances and 24 wins at OUR beloved Rose Bowl. No one comes close to that!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Blount had previously been kicked out of practice for a similar anger outburst. Now the whole country knows how much of an out of control moron he is. He even was quoted before the game as saying that they owed BSU an "ass whooping." Guess he meant it literally? Go home, thug wannabe! For good. Enjoy working at Jack in the Box.... Wait, he'd try to punch the customers. He'll just have to settle on welfare checks and crack cocaine.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The idiot is suspended for the rest of the season by Oregon. I saw the mess at the end of the game. There goes a future homicide suspect.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Anybody catch the taped interview he gave after the incident in which he pulled a Tim Tebow, apologized and vowed to be a perfect little angel in the future. The kid has future in politics.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    ROOOOOLLLLLLL TIDDDEEEEEE BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!!

Kudos to the Hokies and their D. My boy Ingram is a tank, and our D is freaking sick.

Get it together LSU. SEC has to represent!!!!

Verified LEO
    Good job BYU, even though they had to knock out Bradford to do it.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The idiot is suspended for the rest of the season by Oregon. I saw the mess at the end of the game. There goes a future homicide suspect.
    Also I know a Boise PD officer who worked that game. He said that at one point the fans were heckling him and the BPD officers had to restrain him - otherwise he was going to climb into the stand and take on the fans. Big mouth fans go with the territory.

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    Go Utah Utes! Now how about an automatic qualifying designation for the Mountain West Conference after last year's BCS fiasco?

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Get it together LSU. SEC has to represent!!!!
    Hey,they won,Ugly as hell,BUTWhat pissed me off TRYING to watch that debacle was the one (wrong) sided announcing and camera work.Really would have thought better of ESPN,but that sucked,I finally muted it,they all but asked the Wash. coach for a ,well never mind,rant off....
    .He would have probably given them one anyway.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    LSU did pull it off. I really give any team kudos for winning on the road in another time zone on the west coast. Washington's QB is going to get some teams this year. Washington also had a lot more time to prepare for LSU. Google the NCAA 20 hour rule. It did not apply to Washington. Their classes had not started.

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    UT = National Champions

/end of thread!

HOOK EM HORNS!
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
    UT = National Champions

/end of thread!

HOOK EM HORNS!
    UT= #5 Final BCS standings

FUCK THEM HORNS!
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Did you know, SEC style
    September 11, 2009 8:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

A few "Did you knows?" as we get set for Week 2 in the SEC:
    • The Alabama defense has held 13 of its past 15 opponents under 100 yards rushing and seven of its past 15 opponents under 200 total yards.
    • Since the first game of the 2008 season, Tennessee leads the country in allowing the fewest plays of 25 yards or more. The Vols have only given up 12 in the last 14 games, and didn't allow any in Monte Kiffin's debut as defensive coordinator last week. Southern California is second during that span with only 13 big plays allowed, while Ohio State is third with 15.
    • LSU is 43-4 this decade in home night games, including 30 in a row. The last time they lost a home night game was 2002 against Alabama. The Tigers are just 11-6 in day games.
    • Georgia has not started 0-2 since 1996, when the Bulldogs lost to Southern Miss and South Carolina and finished 5-6. That was the last time Georgia failed to go to a bowl.
    • Counting Steve Spurrier's coaching days in the USFL, NFL, Duke, Florida and South Carolina, last week’s seven-point output was only the 21st time in Spurrier’s coaching career in which his offense scored seven points or fewer. It was the first time he ever won a game coaching when his team was held to seven points or fewer.
    • UCLA is 3-0 this decade against the SEC, with two wins over Alabama and last year’s victory over Tennessee. The Bruins’ last loss to a team from the SEC came against the Vols in 1997.
    • Florida has won 11 straight games since losing to Ole Miss last September. A win over Troy will tie the school record for consecutive wins, set in the 1995 season, when Florida won the first 12 games of the season.<LI sizset="113" sizcache="0">Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has 44 career rushing touchdowns, which is tied for 4th most in SEC history. Auburn's Carnell Williams is next on the list with 45, with LSU's Kevin Faulk at 46. Georgia's Herschel Walker is No. 1 in SEC history with 49. Tebow has also thrown at least one touchdown pass in 29 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation. Kansas' Todd Reesing is next with 19 consecutive games with a touchdown pass.
    • Auburn has won 50 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points, dating back to a 56-49 four-overtime loss to Georgia in 1996.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    like I always say Five-0 - I always pull for LSU first, the SEC second
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    like I always say Five-0 - I always pull for LSU first, the SEC second
    Ditto...
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Verified LEO
    Holy sh*t, Colorado sucks! They just got whooped by Toledo, 54-38. And it wasn't even as close as the score suggests.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Ohio State fans get ready for your ass pounding tomorrow night! As for Utah yeah sure, USC is looking at # 1 this year, you'll have to get your game up if you want to have lunch with us!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information