Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Official College Football Trash Talking Thread

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Well, anyone have opinions about the Big 12 dissolving? I'm an Oklahoma State fan, and I hate to see a great conference disappear, but ya gotta go where the money is, I guess. Not sure where the Oklahoma & Texas teams will be going.....hopefully not the SEC. Rumors about Pac 10 possibly picking up several teams from Oklahoma & Texas.
    If TEXAS, o.u., OSU and TTU all go the the Pac-25 (or whatever they'll end up being), that will be THE mega football conference in America. The only thing holding that deal up right now is the dick dance at SC....if they hadn't been sanctioned, this would be the strongest conference on planet earth. Sorry, Swamp Mafia guys...I know you're SEC fellas, but you would not be able to match a conference with USC, TEXAS, o.u. AND whatever random-ass team (OSU, Tech, Oregon, etc, etc) decides to make a BCS run from each half of the conference. That's a probability of at least 4 National Championship contenders in one conference (5, more likely). The best the SEC can come up with is 3ish (LSU, Florida and Bama).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If TEXAS, o.u., OSU and TTU all go the the Pac-25 (or whatever they'll end up being), that will be THE mega football conference in America. The only thing holding that deal up right now is the dick dance at SC....if they hadn't been sanctioned, this would be the strongest conference on planet earth. Sorry, Swamp Mafia guys...I know you're SEC fellas, but you would not be able to match a conference with USC, TEXAS, o.u. AND whatever random-ass team (OSU, Tech, Oregon, etc, etc) decides to make a BCS run from each half of the conference. That's a probability of at least 4 National Championship contenders in one conference (5, more likely). The best the SEC can come up with is 3ish (LSU, Florida and Bama).
    I noticed you used small letters for o.u. your humor was not lost on me.....thats awesome, I feel the same way!
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Last I heard was Texas to Pac-10, Texas A&M to SEC, but only if they could still play each other every year.

I honestly don't like where this is going. I think it's going to make one or two huge conference's and every else is going to be out of luck. Also, I know in the SEC, they make a habit of knocking each other out of national title contention. Look at last year, if Alabama and Florida hadn't been in the same conference, it would have been them as 1 and 2. It's incredibly difficult to run the table in the SEC.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I kind of want to see A&M go to the SEC instead of the PAC10. Then if the PAC10 gets the other 4 proposed Big12 teams, it becomes the PAC15. Then the Big10 would only need to find 3 more teams to get become the Big15. The SEC then could pick up Miami and Florida St. to get to 15 teams.

I just don't see who else the Big 10 can add other than Notre Dame that would make the conference any better. Missouri maybe? West Virginia? Louisville (would be a good snag for the SEC)?

If all the teams rumored to defect from the Big12 do leave, that will leave 5 teams. I think in that case, they would be wise to pick up Boise St. and TCU. Then they would have to find one more team to go back to being the Big8. If BSU and TCU don't join into a major conference, then I think the WAC and Mountain West should combine into one conference.

It will be VERY interesting to see what changes will have to be made to the BCS because of all of this. Will it be as simple as one less automatic qualifier and one more at large?

I see all of this making it an exciting time to be a college football fan.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Well the flip side of "super conferences" is that it makes it slightly easier to weed out title contenders. You may only end up with 3 legit contenders after the conference title games. Picking 2 out of 3 teams for the title game is a little easier than what we've got now. The bad side is that other than maybe opening up more room in the BCS (one less auto qualifier), non super conference teams might have an even harder time getting into the title picture. But they've never really had a shot at that anyway. If Boise or TCU joins the PAC10 or the remnants of the Big12, they might have a legitimate chance at a title if they'd win out.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    I do agree with that, if Boise state or TCU or whomever is the flavor of the month can win out against USC, Texas, Oklahmoma etc., then they deserve a shot at a title. Not when they win out against air force, wyoming, etc.. like they are now.

Verified LEO
    I'd rather the Big 12 stay alive, personally. It can't happen because of TV revenue deals (NBC has Notre Dame, CBS has SEC and ABC has the Pac 10...and we're out of networks because of Fox' committment to NFL). But I'd like to snatch up TCU and Arkansas to replace Nebraska and CU and roll on that way. And if we could manage to find some other poor bastard to take A&M off our hands, then grab up another team that seems to be too good for the mid majors (Utah? someone like that).
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I'd rather the Big 12 stay alive, personally. It can't happen because of TV revenue deals (NBC has Notre Dame, CBS has SEC and ABC has the Pac 10...and we're out of networks because of Fox' committment to NFL). But I'd like to snatch up TCU and Arkansas to replace Nebraska and CU and roll on that way. And if we could manage to find some other poor bastard to take A&M off our hands, then grab up another team that seems to be too good for the mid majors (Utah? someone like that).

Arkansas has about 17 million reasons why they won't leave.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Arkansas has about 17 million reasons why they won't leave.
    Oh..I KNOW. Just saying that scenario in a perfect world.

Verified LEO
    Its official: Texas has struck a deal to keep the Big 12 (10?) alive. So now we've got a 10-team conference, which means no football conference championship game. Bah....time to expand. TCU and U of Houston? And we'll trade A&M to the SEC for Arkansas....

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well well who exactly is running the Big 12? Hitler of course:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0tjSj7If8]YouTube - Hitler Reacts to Nebraska Joining the Big Ten[/ame]

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVLhz8TLMU&feature=re lated]YouTube - 4/10/10 Can Anyone Defeat the SEC in 2010?[/ame]

Wait what?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVgdvuZ2u4&feature=re lated"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVgdvuZ2u4&feature=re lated[/ame]

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Give me a break , Bama's second string could win the Big 10.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Captain and the rest of the Swamp Mafia might find this interesting:

BamaOnLine.com - Roughly 20 years in the making, the All-Saban Team

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by airjacobs View Post
    I'll go for the VT. They are a great team. I go that school though.

Welcome to the site , please submit an introduction post in the "Introduce Yourself" thread so we can get to know ya.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Nevermind.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    To all the Buckeye fans:

Touted linebacker Trey DePriest chooses Alabama over Ohio State | al.com

He will look good in Crimson.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    To all the Buckeye fans:

Touted linebacker Trey DePriest chooses Alabama over Ohio State | al.com

He will look good in Crimson.
    Vinnie's father Sal, Alabama's outside linebackers coach, played a prominent role in prying DePriest from the Buckeyes.
    "The initial thought was that he was going to go to Ohio State, because he's extremely close to mom and grandma and grandpa here in town," Springfield High coach Rick Robertson said. "ut they've been great, because from the get-go they said, 'Trey, don't worry about us. You do what's best for you.' That's given him some flexibility to look at different places. I know he's hit it off with Coach (Sal) Sunseri. I can't deny that. When he has an opportunity to talk to Sal, comparing his body language and demeanor when he talks to other coaches, it's night and day."
    They must have great family dinners. Maybe some of the food gets thrown like a football!

Verified LEO
    I found this hilarious.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A&feature=re lated]YouTube - ‪Corrine Brown - Go Gata (with Subtitles)‬‎[/ame]

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You go Playa!! That therea is a grate commanda of the english langamage.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information