Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Official College Football Trash Talking Thread

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Funny funny

Kid probably doesn't want to wait to play considering how deep LSU is in the secondary.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Prediction: Bama won't miss a million field goals this time. They are a better team than LSU and this time it will show on the scoreboard. I don't think this one will be AS low scoring. Each team gets into the end zone once. The rest is field goals. Bama wins by at least 9. Maybe 19-10.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Prediction: Bama won't miss a million field goals this time. They are a better team than LSU and this time it will show on the scoreboard. I don't think this one will be AS low scoring. Each team gets into the end zone once. The rest is field goals. Bama wins by at least 9. Maybe 19-10.
    OOOOO-K,just step away from the kool aid sir.:ringrosey:

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post

Yeah , I know it's amazing that LSU has been ranked #1 all these weeks and are 13-0 when you listen to all the experts. Why the Tigers should consider themselves lucky they even are being allowed the priivlege of participating in the BCS championship against the vastly more talented and legendary Crimson Tide. LSU should apoligize for beng present at their first meeting when Alabama beat themselves. It is humbling experience for LSU to get the opportunity to play Bama again so Bama can " make everything right again in the world".
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Hey I dont like LSU, but I can't stand Bama. So my prediction wasn't based on any media bias or anything like that. I simply watched the first game, and it was a miracle that LSU won. It would have been one thing if Bama missed a ton of 50 yarders. But they missed what should be gimme's, even in the college game. They moved the ball much better than LSU did. If both teams play like the first game, minus the kicking of course, then I just don't see LSU winning. But if LSU steps up its game, then they could be champs. But I think like the last game, it's Bama's to lose.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It is hard to make a prediction on a game like this. I actually feel like I know both teams pretty well. LSU has just had that x factor all year. Bama has that wounded animal mentality since Nov 5th. Both teams are going to take some blows. Which ever one sustains and overcomes. As we get closer I'm feeling better and better though. Should be a dandy.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    On another note, Let's all give Deputy Beavers a warm ROLL TIDE or GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Madison County Sheriff's Deputy who was wounded is living the dream at Bama game in New Orleans | al.com

Madison County Sheriff's Deputy who was wounded is living the dream at Bama game in New Orleans

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- With the help of a Huntsville police officer and a generous couple, Madison County Deputy Brent Beavers is living his dream not long after being shot in the line of duty.
    Beavers was given two tickets and hotel accommodations for Monday night's Bowl Championship Series Game between Alabama and LSU in the Superdome.
    Beavers, a huge Alabama fan who started off his police career at the Tuscaloosa Police Department, was joined by Madison County Sheriff's Office Investigator Brent Patterson, Deputy James Rives and Beavers' brother, Austin.
    "I'm excited as I can be," Beavers said during a phone interview from New Orleans Monday. "It's humbling to say the least and I'm truly blessed. A large group of selfless people made this happen.
    "The place is packed, the atmosphere is electric, we're ready to go. I'm so thankful to everyone involved. I love our community."
    Beavers was wounded on Nov. 28 when he attempted to stop Joseph Scott Shriver, an Iraqi war veteran who was armed with an AK-47. Shriver was suspected in the robbery of a convenience store when Beavers pulled him over.
    Shriver, who police say shot Beavers in the face and drove to Tennessee where he shot at another officer, has since been charged with attempted murder. Beavers was taken to Huntsville Hospital that night and had emergency surgery. He was released after about two weeks.
    Patterson, also a die-hard Tide fan, set up a fund to help benefit Beavers' family with his out-of-pocket medical costs and holiday expenses. He also sought two tickets for the championship game.
    The donations came quickly, but the Alabama championship tickets were a little slower to arrive. Finally, officer Nathan "Nick" Nickelson of the Huntsville Police Department found some tickets that Patterson was able to buy with some donations left over after all the bills were paid.
    But another problem popped up -- the hotel accommodations fell through at the last-minute. Patterson wasn't sure what the group would do since all the hotels were long since sold out, but he got a call from an anonymous couple.
    "A guy called me up and said his wife and he were going to the game," Patterson said. "But his wife is expecting and they can't go. I said, 'Well, how much do you want for the room?' and he said, 'Nothing, we want to give it to him.'
    "We're so thankful this couple came forward to help."
    Tickets to the game on StubHub Monday ranged in price from $1,250 to $4,500. In fact, Beavers felt so guilty about the expense of the tickets he almost chose not to go.
    "Yeah, that crossed my mind numerous times," Beavers said. "For an Alabama fan, it's a momentous occasion, but still, it's just a game, and that weighed heavily on me. But I talked to friends and family and everybody said let people be nice to you and pay it forward when you get back. So, I'm going to enjoy the time I've been given and come back and do my part."
    Beavers said he's feeling better, but still is easily fatigued and can't project his voice because of the damage to his throat. He lost two teeth and is having oral surgery to replace them on Thursday.

Click link for full story.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    That's great! Glad the deputy got to do something fun after all he's been through.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Hmmm, Bama came to play ball!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey home team, THE RENT IS DUE!!!!

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Hmmm, Bama came to play ball!
    Bama wanted it ALOT more and that was obvious. They came out and flat outplayed LSU......On a bright note I will never have to watch Jordan Jefferson in a purple and gold uniform again.

Verified LEO
    ......and the Jefferson comment was not an excuse. I seriously doubt Lee would have done any better.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Congrats five-o without a doubt the best team won tonight,we were OUTCOACHED and outplayed.I lay the blame squarely on Less Miles this time,wayyyyyy to conservative,and I am sorry iso,but Jefferson had the deer in the headlight look from the first play,he STUNK!!!!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    Congrats five-o without a doubt the best team won tonight,we were OUTCOACHED and outplayed.I lay the blame squarely on Less Miles this time,wayyyyyy to conservative,and I am sorry iso,but Jefferson had the deer in the headlight look from the first play,he STUNK!!!!
    Agree completely that Jefferson stunk...glad to see him go. I just have a real hard time saying Lee would have made any difference. Bama came to WIN....LSU just showed up and got ran over. Whether it falls on the coaches, players, whoever...one player didn't lose it. Tyrann Mathieu stunk tonight, so did the O-line.....truth is Bama kicked our ass.....that makes more since to me.

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    ROLL TIDE.

That is all.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Verified LEO
    I do agree with ya though Mav that Miles played conservative. But what was so different? That's Les Miles, it's worked all year why not tonight? What I am trying to say is LSU, as a team, looked like garbage. I credit Bama for that mainly. I'm just not the type that's gonna say if Les Miles would have done this different or that different blah, blah, blah. It makes us sound like Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma or Ohio State. Bama beat the Hell out of LSU. Congrats, well played. See ya in Baton Rouge next year.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Props to Bama. The better team won. No spilt championship bullshit. Alabama is #1 . Quarterback play was the difference. Whether Lee would have made a difference or not , he deserved a shot at it in my opinion.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Whether Lee would have made a difference or not , he deserved a shot at it in my opinion.

He did. His lack of mobility would have gotten him killed. That is not a slight. Bama's D was in TERMINATOR MODE tonight. If I ever start loan sharking, Courtney Upshaw is my collector and he can keep what every percentage he wants. He is a bad...bad....bad man.

ETA:

Honey Badger's post game photo:

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread Information