Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    OfficerResource.com's Avatar
    OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-11-05
    Posts
    20,388
    Rep Power
    8592466

    A Video Portrait of Barack Hussein Obama

    http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

    This is a bit long but a good watch

  2. #2
    Join Date
    08-15-08
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    I couldn't stomach watching this ignorant, racist, and anti Islam (this is the religion practiced my Muslims) propaganda... and You notice the part where they talk about him refusing to put his hand over his heart for the national anthem? well I don't either but I do for the pledge of allegiance... lots of people are this way


    I didn't know why someones race or religion were strikes against their creditability... come on its 2008 not the 1800's

    There is much misleading information in this video. (actually all of it)

    ETA: I really don't like the implications of this video... it implies he is a Muslim when he is in fact Christian... even if he was Muslim so what? Why is that so bad? It the practice of a religion and like every job, every gender, every race, every religion there are good and bad people....

    Personally I would prefer an atheist in office... their judgment wouldn't be clouded by their religious beliefs.... Yes I said clouded because I believe in separation of church and state and legislation and policies shouldn't be formed to suit a religious agenda...... they should be made to suite all people of all walks of life... but this is probably something I won't see in my lifetime.

    I know my opinion my be unpopular but I figure i would lay it out there

  3. #3
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Care to dispute any of the facts in that video?

    Just answer these questions?

    How was that rascist?

    What information was misleading?

    How was it anit Islamic?



    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  4. #4
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchyMcBitcherson View Post
    I couldn't stomach watching this ignorant, racist, and anti Islam (this is the religion practiced my Muslims) propaganda... and You notice the part where they talk about him refusing to put his hand over his heart for the national anthem? well I don't either but I do for the pledge of allegiance... lots of people are this way


    I didn't know why someones race or religion were strikes against their creditability... come on its 2008 not the 1800's

    There is much misleading information in this video. (actually all of it)

    ETA: I really don't like the implications of this video... it implies he is a Muslim when he is in fact Christian... even if he was Muslim so what? Why is that so bad? It the practice of a religion and like every job, every gender, every race, every religion there are good and bad people.... The video never said he was a muslim. It gave factual accounts of his upbringing. The way muslim in other countries are demanding Sharia Law is one problem I have. I have actually studied the Koran and Sharia Law.

    Personally I would prefer an atheist in office... their judgment wouldn't be clouded by their religious beliefs.... Yes I said clouded because I believe in separation of church and state and legislation and policies shouldn't be formed to suit a religious agenda...... they should be made to suite all people of all walks of life... but this is probably something I won't see in my lifetime. You are right, the founding fathers called for a separtation not abolishment of religion from public society.

    I know my opinion my be unpopular but I figure i would lay it out there

    Instead of editing your post how about you answer points that are being debated in a new post. For example:

    How was the video racist again?

    What points were misleading and how?

    How was the video anti Islamic?

    I have no problem with your points being unpopular. I do have a problem with you making broad unfounded generalities and failing to back them up. If you are going to debate politics or the welfare of this country you better bring your "A" game and some facts. Those of us that protect this county domestically take subjects such as this seriously.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    08-15-08
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Instead of editing your post how about you answer points that are being debated in a new post. For example:

    How was the video racist again?

    What points were misleading and how?

    How was the video anti Islamic?

    I have no problem with your points being unpopular. I do have a problem with you making broad unfounded generalities and failing to back them up. If you are going to debate politics or the welfare of this country you better bring your "A" game and some facts. Those of us that protect this county domestically take subjects such as this seriously.

    well first off I edited the post before you posted so i wasn't averting your questions... I just felt i had more to say.

    All the facts this video highlights are supposed to be negative traits of this man... not facts... reasons not to elect him.... this answers all 3 of your questions

    but to elaborate... The the video makes a huge thing over his name.... why? why is it important to point out that his father was Muslim and his mother was white? how is that relevant to his ability to serve in office?

    they have Robert Kennedy fumbling his name with Osama bin laden... again I ask why?

    Can America while at war with Islamic extremists elect a president with 3 Islamic names?? Umm yeah... He has a right to run for president as any other American born person

    I agree with Michelle Obama... I haven't been to proud of the direction this country is going in quiet sometime and certainly not in the last 8 years. I like the fact that he is for the common people and does not cater to the top 1% or evangelical groups
    and I am sorry it makes me proud that the possibility that the first African American bing elected to office could very much be a possibility.... it says a whole lot about how far we have come in the struggle for equality and still have quite a ways to go.

    I didn't always agree with my spiritual mentor either.... just because his pastor is given that title does not mean that his followers have to agree with every word they say. also it compares his pastor speaking out politically to when Don Imus called African American girls on a basketball team nappy headed hoes..... there is no comparison there

    There is also a section that tries to suppress the struggles of African Americans, if not dismissing it all together as nonsense.

    Sitting down to diplomacy with leaders with whom you have conflict with is a good thing... not a bad thing... Bush refused to extend diplomacy and look were we are now.....

    I have tried the best I can to pick apart the video and leave comment on it. Its very hard to watch because I think it is laughable...

    here is an article I pulled on the man that made this video

    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-the-obam.html

  6. #6
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchyMcBitcherson View Post
    well first off I edited the post before you posted so i wasn't averting your questions... I just felt i had more to say.

    All the facts this video highlights are supposed to be negative traits of this man... not facts...what was not factual reasons not to elect himI would go into many more reasons not to elect him but I don't want to type till sunrise.... this answers all 3 of your questions

    but to elaborate... The the video makes a huge thing over his name.... why?Because it is his name why is it important to point out that his father was Muslim and his mother was white? how is that relevant to his ability to serve in office?None of use can run from our past. This candidate lacks so much on substance we have little else to go on.

    they have Robert Kennedy fumbling his name with Osama bin laden... again I ask why?I don't know maybe Kennedy was drunk again.

    Can America while at war with Islamic extremists elect a president with 3 Islamic names?? Umm yeah... He has a right to run for president as any other American born personIs he capable of commanding a country at war? I doubt it, regardless of what his name is.

    I agree with Michelle Obama... I haven't been to proud of the direction this country is going in quiet sometime and certainly not in the last 8 years.News flash....W isn't running so what bearing does this have on the present election? I like the fact that he is for the common people He will make life harder for the "common man". What exactly is the "common man" anyway? and does not cater to the top 1%Class warfare? Funny you bring that up. I think Obama is a communist or evangelical groups
    and I am sorry it makes me proud that the possibility that the first African American bing elected to office could very much be a possibility.... it says a whole lot about how far we have come in the struggle for equality and still have quite a ways to go. Sorry I don't subscribe to the white guilt movement. I would gladly vote for a black person. Unfortunatly, this one is a marxist that is at war with the individual.

    I didn't always agree with my spiritual mentor either.... just because his pastor is given that title does not mean that his followers have to agree with every word they say. also it compares his pastor speaking out politically to when Don Imus called African American girls on a basketball team nappy headed hoes..... there is no comparison thereNo, he condemned Imus, yet refused to condemn Rev. Wright. That was the point.

    There is also a section that tries to suppress the struggles of African Americans, if not dismissing it all together as nonsense. Where did it suppress the struggles of African Americans? Hate to say it, but the Afican Americans in this country can show no country that gives them more oppertunity than this one. Highlighting the Black Power movement (an absolute racist movement as bad and any white racist movement is hardly an argument for the struggles for blacks in this nation.

    Sitting down to diplomacy with leaders which whom you have conflict with is a good thing... not a bad thing... Bush refused to extend diplomacy and look were we are now.....Yeah, we are winning. You settle for talking to people that want to kill other people because of who they are, and I'll stick to killing them.

    I have tried the best I can to pick apart the video and leave comment on it. Its very hard to watch because I think it is laughable...

    here is an article I pulled on the man that made this video

    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-the-obam.html
    Dismissing the source is not the same as dismissing the points brought up. Using your logic, police using CIs would be out the window.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  7. #7
    Terminator's Avatar
    Terminator is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    12-03-05
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    16,064
    Rep Power
    0
    Five-0, for the love of God, please learn to use the 'quote' function, you are giving me a headache.

    I want to be able to read it very clearly when you virtually bitchslap Bitchy McLiberalson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    08-15-08
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    This is something we are going to have to agree to disagree on... we could go tit for tat forever with this....

    My personal feeling is that the video is right wing republican/evangelical bullshit.... with the theory if you say he is Muslim and anti American enough people will begin to believe it.... Just like they did with wepons of mass distruction

    As far as Rev. wright is concerned he was voicing his political/social views and although i don't agree with everything he has to say I do believe that decent is the highest form or patriotism.... if he feels what is being done in America is unjust it is his duty as an american citizen to try to make change.

    I believe in peaceful civil disobedience.... just because something is law/policy does not make it right or just.

    Oh.... just one thing.. Please define winning? having McCain say we will stay in Iraq 100 years if necessary is not my definition of winning.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    08-15-08
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Five-0, for the love of God, please learn to use the 'quote' function, you are giving me a headache.

    I want to be able to read it very clearly when you virtually bitchslap Bitchy McLiberalson
    Yes I am liberal.... and don't mind being called such

  10. #10
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchyMcBitcherson View Post
    Oh.... just one thing.. Please define winning? having McCain say we will stay in Iraq 100 years if necessary is not my definition of winning.
    Again we'll use your logic.....we lost WWII then.

    We are still in Germany, Italy, and Japan.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    08-15-08
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    we are not activly at war with Germany, Italy and Japan.... however we are still actively at war with Iraq

  12. #12
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Quote Originally Posted by BitchyMcBitcherson View Post
    we are not activly at war with Germany, Italy and Japan.... however we are still actively at war with Iraq
    We are at war with terrorism. Iraq is on our side. You are going to let your emotionally driven hatred for Bush get in the way of logic on this one I think.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  13. #13
    lewisipso's Avatar
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    02-02-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    14,736
    Rep Power
    6962512
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

    We are who we choose to be.

    R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012


  14. #14
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357019
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Boy oh boy. I guess that he doesn't understand that if "we" are not the world's most powerful military force that some other country will be. I can promise you that other country will not be as just as the United States while carrying the big sticks.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •