Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phones

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    Nokia 6101

i have the one on the left..

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Had a Motorola V60T for about the past three years, just upgraded to the Razr V3. (The black one, NOT the pink one.)
    Attachment 170

Been with Cingular for about fifteen years with no complaints. Service should be improving even more soon, as Cingular is in the process of erecting about 40 more cell towers throughout the state.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

katiemh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    My only complaint is that the DC cut off for local service is like 5 miles west of my house so if I DC someone in the next town it costs but I can DC someone in Virginia Beach and its free

I have Nationwide Direct Connect.

Bearcat06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewtx
    Bearcat, I have Cingular and it works well in DC. Verizon offers signal in metro stations, which seems to appeal to many.
    Mine works ok in the City.....but out in the 'burbs will I will be living it sucked.....

I like the Metro Station thingy......I just need to get Verizon to give me a kick ass phone and pay my switchover fee and I will be set.....

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Hey Cajun what do you think of the new Razr phone? Any complaints?
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

THE LAW is offline Around the next turn

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat06
    ......I just need to get Verizon to give me a kick ass phone and pay my switchover fee and I will be set.....
    Good luck with that!

Bearcat06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    Good luck with that!
    Yeah....I am not expecting anything....but you never know.

I will be getting a work related "Crack Berry" but not sure who the provider is.... Your Federal tax dollars at work.....

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i have the nextel i830 and i hate it. it drops way too many calls, it doesnt get service in too many areas, and the direct connect feature is more annoying than it is helpful. when this contract is up im going back to verizon.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Hey Cajun what do you think of the new Razr phone? Any complaints?
    So far, so good. There are a couple of places I've used it where the signal was weak, but I think that is due to the lack of an external antenna.

The V60 I had did have an external, and I also had a Nokia "company" phone without the external. (Both on Cingular service.)

I found that if I made or received a call on the Nokia, and the signal was weak, I could disconnect and call back on my V60 standing in the same spot, the signal was much better with the external antenna.

Overall, so far, I like the Razr. After all, it's a new toy.

(Sorry for the delay in replying. I just got in from a little off-duty security job. Got to make a few extra bucks to pay for that Razr now, don't I?)

Have a great week.

Last edited by cajunguy; 03-05-06 at 11:51 PM.
    The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I have heard great things about the razr and not to many people have the slvr so there are not so many reviews on it. I need something that has a better service but also has bluetooth.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    Chris, search eBay for a Sony Ericsson K750i.

You will shit your pants.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Seems like Nextel's GPS Mobile Locator feature would be great for you guys... It'd allow the Chief to pull up a map to see which grocery store you're hiding behind

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/se..._locator.shtml

Seriously, if I was ever injured and no one knew where to look, I'd want one if it works - Can't vouch for how well it works, though, because I've never had a Nextel.

It may also be fun for hiding in "bait" - Let someone steal the bait, then go on a Easter Egg hunt for it. Or just use the phone itself as bait - Sounds like a lot of fun
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-06-06 at 03:41 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    I have a samsung picture phone by Verizon. So far I'm very impressed with their service. I had nextel via a family plan with my parents, but since I need more minutes because of work, I went to try and get my own plan through them. everyone at work uses the Direct Connect feature so it was a plus to get a nextel, except for their service sucking ass. They don't like to build new towers...

Nextel wanted a $150 deposit. Hell no. I've asked other places and they don't ask for deposit's. So, after learning they won't be waiving that, I told them to pound sand. Went to verizon, no deposit, better service. Very happy with them.

Fuck you nextel.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I have US Cellular,...an LG (camera) phone.

I have a Samsung with Sprint - It goes out of service every time I put it on my belt, so it hardly ever rings when people call me - But actually, I'm fine with that

(\__/)

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531
    I have a samsung picture phone by Verizon. So far I'm very impressed with their service. I had nextel via a family plan with my parents, but since I need more minutes because of work, I went to try and get my own plan through them. everyone at work uses the Direct Connect feature so it was a plus to get a nextel, except for their service sucking ass. They don't like to build new towers...

Nextel wanted a $150 deposit. Hell no. I've asked other places and they don't ask for deposit's. So, after learning they won't be waiving that, I told them to pound sand. Went to verizon, no deposit, better service. Very happy with them.

Fuck you nextel.
    I didn't have to give a deposit when I went to Nextel. Their monthly plans were a lot cheaper than US(ucks) Cellular. I haven't had any problems out of Nextels coverage so far.

katiemh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    I didn't have to give a deposit when I went to Nextel. Their monthly plans were a lot cheaper than US(ucks) Cellular. I haven't had any problems out of Nextels coverage so far.
    I didn't have to either. He's young though... and might have NO credit history.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemh
    I didn't have to either. He's young though... and might have NO credit history.

I have credit history and good credit. When I first applied for one when I turned 18 they wanted a $500 deposit. Now they went down to $150. I've had service through sprint before nextel and now verizon and neither one asked for a deposit. A lot of people I know around here were required to drop deposits at nextel. And everyone bitches about their service in this area too. Reception is poor, and several times during any D.C. talk, you'd get that long beep.

Eesh, I won't go back to them after having that family plan, listening to all the complaints on my shift about them, and them wanting a big deposit, eff that. Even my Sheriff's Office dropped them as the cell phone carrier and picked up verizon, I see why now.

TiVo To Expand Program Recording To Cell Phones

POSTED: 6:42 am CST March 7, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- TiVo and Verizon are teaming up to allow cell phone users to remotely program television recordings.

An agreement with Verizon Wireless, to be announced Tuesday, expands TiVo's strategy to bring its capabilities beyond its set-top boxes and the television.

Dubbed TiVo Mobile, it's also the latest feature the company is introducing to help differentiate itself from the growing number of rival DVR offerings.

Terms of the TiVo-Verizon deal were not disclosed. But TiVo said Verizon will be the first cellular carrier to offer the remote TiVo scheduling feature.

While TiVo Mobile is specifically tailored to cell phones, the convenience is not entirely new. TiVo subscribers already can program their recordings through the TiVo Web site and Yahoo's online TV guide, so users with Web-enabled cell phones can schedule recordings that way.

(\__/)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information