Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phones

Prometheus is offline Senior Member
    I'm holding out as long as possible. I don't need another leash.
    "Look, just give me some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with you!"

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    I didn't have to give a deposit when I went to Nextel. Their monthly plans were a lot cheaper than US(ucks) Cellular. I haven't had any problems out of Nextels coverage so far.
    Darin, have you tried their Mobile Locator service I mentioned above?

I'm curious how well it works!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Elle is offline Banned
    I've got a Kyocera Soho through Alltel. I'm on a prepaid plan so my bill is only around $70 a month. Got my number changed yesterday so someone would stop texting me all the damn time.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I've got a Kyocera Soho through Alltel. I'm on a prepaid plan so my bill is only around $70 a month. Got my number changed yesterday so someone would stop texting me all the damn time.
    Well, you never answered my question! What are you wearing, and can you guess what I'm doing right now??

Elle is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Well, you never answered my question! What are you wearing, and can you guess what I'm doing right now??

What you can't take a hint? I don't wanna guess what you're doing right now.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Someone get me her new number so I can keep texting!

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Darin, have you tried their Mobile Locator service I mentioned above?

I'm curious how well it works!
    I'm getting ready to sign up for the Telenav feature on Nextel. I have it free for 60 days. It's a GPS/Navigation built into the phone. It even talks to you w/tur by turn directions.

Kool!

(\__/)

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I have a Nextel i870. I think it's their most advanced phone...at least it was when I bought it. I like it well enough. Decent 1.3MP camera with flash, takes video, can play mp3s and MPEG video, bluetooth, a onemillionthousandhundred color main screen, a 65K color outside screen (as good as many phone's main screens), GPS, MicroSD card, external MP3 buttons, Voice record, yada yada, and it's got some proprietary anti-microbial paint job that's supposed to keep it from getting all cruddy.

I had to put up a $250 deposit, and I have okay credit. I didn't mind though...after a year it gets credited to your account. Since I had forgotten I had even paid one, it's like free money. I don't have to pay my bill for about 6 months now, as my account is +$250. For those of you that didn't have to put one, I'm thinking it was the dealer you went through. Katie, I know for a fact from talking on the phone to you that your area is a "Nextel partnership" area. I dunno what that means, but I know that when we talked on the phone it wasn't covered on their "mobile to mobile" type plan. The fact that your dealer probably was not a "direct" dealer might have something to do with the deposit. I know that when I was switching over, if I got my phone through an online store, I wouldn't have had to pay the deposit, because I wasn't dealing with Nextel directly.

Clear as mud?
    Last edited by 121Traffic; 03-08-06 at 11:06 AM.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Ok so since we are all talking cell phones and techonogy lately what type of new technology are you all using?

I currently have two phones that I switch between the LG1400 and the LG9200 which are no longer sold by Cingular.

I am thinking about going to the Razr and doing the Bluetooth thing.
    If you're already with Cingular and looking at the RAZR, you might be interested in the SLVR. It basically has all the same features but it's an open face design and has an iTunes/mp3 player.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

katiemh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    Katie, I know for a fact from talking on the phone to you that your area is a "Nextel partnership" area. I dunno what that means, but I know that when we talked on the phone it wasn't covered on their "mobile to mobile" type plan. The fact that your dealer probably was not a "direct" dealer might have something to do with the deposit. I know that when I was switching over, if I got my phone through an online store, I wouldn't have had to pay the deposit, because I wasn't dealing with Nextel directly.

Clear as mud?
    Wow, thanks 121 for telling me all about MY Nextel plan. I should've called you when I wanted service... hey I'm thinking of changing my plan... should I call you first?

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemh
    Wow, thanks 121 for telling me all about MY Nextel plan. I should've called you when I wanted service... hey I'm thinking of changing my plan... should I call you first?
    I'm still waiting on the 2 way.....

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

FishTail Guest
    Sweet. I find the menus are a bit long winded on those though?

Now we know what vengeance05 uses his cell phone for - Come to think of it, music is better than what I use mine for (receiving annoying calls from the bosses, at work & home).

I need a cell phone that is outgoing only.

(\__/)

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    LOL I just borrowed that pic from another site. My current phone is an old POS. I'll be switching over to the SLVR shortly though.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Well I was listening ot the news tonight like always before work. And they are stopping production on the Razr for Cingular and T-Mobile do to dropping calls all the time. They are going to revamp the phone and see whats going on.

While I like the SLVR it is still expensive even with my Govermant discount. But at the same time I also like the phone and might just get it anyways who knows.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemh

Um, someone piss in the ol' Wheaties? Wahhhh.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Have an LG4400 with Verizon. Verizon is the only service that works in the sticks where I live. It wasn't until last December that we were even able to txt message here and we still only have dialup. There are some disadvantages to living in the sticks.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by deputy29
    Have an LG4400 with Verizon. Verizon is the only service that works in the sticks where I live. It wasn't until last December that we were even able to txt message here and we still only have dialup. There are some disadvantages to living in the sticks.
    Gee Ya Think .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information