Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remember When?

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Remember When?

Do you remember when you would drink from a garden hose?

The other day it was fricken hot here and we were all outside and I was going to take my oldest to get a drink from the hose and my wife gave me that look like dont you dare.

I dont know about everyone else but when I was a little kid, we didnt have bottle water, it was the garden hose darn it!

That was some of the best water!
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    The garden hose was our desani bottled water growing up................... As a kid that was the best water in the world, since as a kid you waited until you were about to pass out before you wasted time with drinking water.................lol
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I especially liked the warm water from the hose after it sat in the sun. Kind of like sun-brewed tea, except with hose plastic instead of tea leaves for flavoring!

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I especially liked the warm water from the hose after it sat in the sun. Kind of like sun-brewed tea, except with hose plastic instead of tea for flavoring!
    Thats what happened to you Jenna, you probably suffer from BPA, the chemical that is in plastic bottles that is oooohhhh so bad that comes out when the plastic is heated
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    Thats what happened to you Jenna, you probably suffer from BPA, the chemical that is in plastic bottles that is oooohhhh so bad that comes out when the plastic is heated
    Well then it must have happened to you too!

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I would have passed out many times over if I hadn't been able to drink from water hoses when I would be at the barn 12 hours a day in the Summer time as a young teen.
    Arm the sheep!

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Even as an adult I'd drink from the water hose. On those rare occasions I'd leave the water jug back at the shop, the hose was all we had!

I loves me some hose water!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It depends where I'm at. In a city I will NOT drink from the hose cause it tastes like crap. Out in the boonies were I prefer to be I am perfectly happy with hose water.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    ewwwwww no drinking from the hose, no no no!!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    Why not? It's the exact same water that comes through your tap.

On another note, why do some people think it's icky to get a drink out of the bathroom faucet?
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    It depends where I'm at. In a city I will NOT drink from the hose cause it tastes like crap. Out in the boonies were I prefer to be I am perfectly happy with hose water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post

On another note, why do some people think it's icky to get a drink out of the bathroom faucet?
    This is exactly why we get bottled water. The tap water in my town where I am at sucks big time. If I was in a regular house and not this crappy Mobile Home Park I might think otherwise. The ranch my family used to own had its own well, so I hear you there PGG.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Jennbeth72 is offline Banned
    My dad would tell us to get water from the hose....and we would grab the hose and nothing would come out and he would say hang on...and then say do ya hear it....and we would say no...then he would say here it comes....hear anything...and then when we would hold it up to our ear he would turn it on full blast and wet us and start laughing his head off....then he would play in the water with us....I love little memories like this....I miss him so much....Thanks for the thread....it brought back a happy time with my daddy.

The garden hose was the best. It always had the somewhat metallic, grass taste, mmmmmm.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Well except for the ants, slugs, snails, ladybugs, cockroaches, earthworms, and caterpillars that managed to crawl into hoses while they lie on the ground. They add to the flavor though.

Well except for the ants, slugs, snails, ladybugs, cockroaches, earthworms, and caterpillars that managed to crawl into hoses while they lie on the ground. They add to the flavor though.
    Protein.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennbeth72 View Post
    My dad would tell us to get water from the hose....and we would grab the hose and nothing would come out and he would say hang on...and then say do ya hear it....and we would say no...then he would say here it comes....hear anything...and then when we would hold it up to our ear he would turn it on full blast and wet us and start laughing his head off....then he would play in the water with us....I love little memories like this....I miss him so much....Thanks for the thread....it brought back a happy time with my daddy.

My dad used to do the same thing to us as kids.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

ďA fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.Ē Sigmund Freud

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennbeth72 View Post
    My dad did something similar,he would tell us to smell it to make sure it wasn't mildewed,do ya think he was maybe thinkin on gettin rid of us,dont worry I finally caught on to it,,my wife told me.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    I especially liked the warm water from the hose after it sat in the sun. Kind of like sun-brewed tea, except with hose plastic instead of tea leaves for flavoring!
    Ummm...especially the warm sulphur tasting water from a plastic hose in Florida.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?

Exactly! Which is why we don't drink or cook with our tap water either. We only use filtered water here.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Hose water is only good if you let it get cold. Otherwise the taste of rubber ruins the whole thing.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information