Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

We need a war time leader...

Some may not believe it, as it would take another 9/11 to convince some, but we're at war, against real people, who carry real weapons and against a real enemy, a ruthless and fanatic enemy who would cut your head off without batting an eye.
    In some ways this war is the worst one this country has faced, as the enemy doesn't wear uniforms and it's a war without borders.
    Terrorism is not the only thing to worry about as we have Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who's hellbent on having nuclear weapons, N. Korea's president (dictator) Kim Jong il and our biggest worry Russia's president (dictator) Putin the former head of the KGB who's starting to show his true USSR colors.
    In 2 more months we'll be choosing a new president and here are the options.
    On one hand we have a highly respected senior senator who's a proven leader and a man who knows what war is all about. His running mate will be an attractive governor who has leadership and executive experience and who has cleaned up and taken corruption out of a state government.
    On the other hand we have an extremely liberal junior senator, who's a smooth talker, with a questionable reputation and who has no leadership experience. His running mate will be a big talker with an arrogant personality and with little leadership experience to speak of.
    The decision is up to you, what team would be the best for America and who would make the best Commander in Chief?

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    To listen to the media, Obama will get them all together for a group hug and everything will be better.

I'm with you on this one, Ithink there's only one choice but I'm not sure he'll pull it off and then God help us.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There is no perfect candidate for the scenario you are describing, and Reagan is dead.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Why on Earth do people assume because Obama is a Democrat that he is going to fun around dispensing hugs and placing flowers in the barrels of AK's worldwide? Yes, he does want to remove US troops from Iraq. Then he's going to put more in Afghanistan in an attempt to stamp out Al Qaeda...he's actually said this numerous times. Remember when he was getitng blasted by O'Reilly/Hannity/Krystol etc about 6-8 months ago for saying he would go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden even if the Pakistani government said no? He's not exactly the peacenik that he's being labeled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Why on Earth do people assume because Obama is a Democrat that he is going to fun around dispensing hugs and placing flowers in the barrels of AK's worldwide? Yes, he does want to remove US troops from Iraq. Then he's going to put more in Afghanistan in an attempt to stamp out Al Qaeda...he's actually said this numerous times. Remember when he was getitng blasted by O'Reilly/Hannity/Krystol etc about 6-8 months ago for saying he would go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden even if the Pakistani government said no? He's not exactly the peacenik that he's being labeled...
    Because we listen to what he says and who is putting him up for office.

He *says* he is going to put more troops in Afghanistan, but he won't. Know why? Because the generals are going to tell him how bad an idea that is. The average liberal has no idea just how many of our forces are there already, and they start frothing when you tell them.

He says he will go into Pakistan permission or not eh? Bright boy there. Let's piss off a nuclear armed ally in the middle of a cold war WHERE BOTH SIDES DO NOT FEAR USING NUKES. He shows his total failure there on foreign policy, but someone got to him because he hasn't repeated it.

Hannity SHOULD have been blasting his ass for that, he earned it. Hannity understands India and Pakistan, and has recently spoken about the fact that over 75% of the population of both of those countries believes a nuclear war is survivable.

OMG111!!! we need more troops in there to find Osama! It's horseshit man. You should really spend some time talking to those in the service familiar with the ground and why that is a horribly bad idea.

We won a war in 100 hours that the Soviets could not do with an invasion force in TEN years. Now you want to do it their way? You think Iraq is a quagmire or another "Vietnam?"

(Yes, I know it isn't - I'm coining the popular liberal chant I hear at our anti-war rallies every weekend.)

Bill Clinton, another famous liberal, once went on television following the first attempt on the WTC. My dad will tell you, he heard me say it...

"Damn, he is actually sounding like a President!" Four minutes later, I was crushed. Military response by Democrats has been a miserable failure every single time in history since I was born.

You might be able to sell me on some qualities Mr. Obama has, but military prowess isn't going to be one of them. He hasn't served, he has a big D by his name, and carries with that all the liberal baggage regarding military force.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, as every president from George Washington on up the ladder, including Reagan, has had faults.
    Since McCain is the party's choice. I'm going to back the republican ticket all the way.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, as every president from George Washington on up the ladder, including Reagan, has had faults.
    Since McCain is the party's choice. I'm going to back the republican ticket all the way.
    Not arguing with that, just that an ideal candidate could be found.

Powell, Schwartzkopf, Franks, Petraus

The last time there was a D by a good war time president's name, it was Truman.

One could argue Kennedy, but he was 50/50. He handled the Cuban Crisis well, but sank us into Vietnam without a clear objective.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Actions speak louder than words...Have you ever heard of a person who speaks with a forked tongue?

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    "nemo me impune laccessit"

Unless we have a candidate who swears by that motto then I have no one whom which to vote for.

That is all I have to say.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post

Unless we have a candidate who swears by that motto then I have no one whom which to vote for.

Don't forget In pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Not arguing with that, just that an ideal candidate could be found.

Powell, Schwartzkopf, Franks, Petraus

The last time there was a D by a good war time president's name, it was Truman.

One could argue Kennedy, but he was 50/50. He handled the Cuban Crisis well, but sank us into Vietnam without a clear objective.
    Powell, Schwartzkopf, Franks and Petraus were and are good generals, but we don't know how they would be sitting in the oval office handling domestic and fiscal matters.
    McCain, a 5 term senator, has more had more experience in this area of government than all four.
    Personally, I would rather have Huckabee or Rudy Juliani as the candidate but since McCain is the party's choice I'll back him and Palin.
    Yep, Harry Truman was the last good Dem president. Some where along the way the 2 party's swapped jackets, as Republicans now act and govern like the old democrats and the old democrats now act and govern like the old republicans.

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Don't forget In pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello.
    Also,

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

We need to start a pure Latin thread

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post

"no-one harms me unpunished"...good motto!!... McCain's your man.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    "I know of war. It is a word men use to clothe the nakedness of their kiling." -Grasshopper
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    "I know of war. It is a word men use to clothe the nakedness of their kiling." -Grasshopper
    Sometimes wars must be fought to clothe a peace loving nation with guts and dignity, when that country has been attacked by cowardly kamakaze and decapitating killers.-Retmilleo

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. ~John Stewart Mill
    I'm your huckleberry...

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    'Scuse me while I whip these out:

What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson

The peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: "Our country -- when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right." -Carl Schurz

"My country, right or wrong" is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying "My mother, drunk or sober." -G.K. Chesterton

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is na´ve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair. -H.L. Mencken

In the United States, doing good has come to be, like patriotism, a favorite device of persons with something to sell. -H.L. Mencken

And I think this one exemplfies my point of view almost perfectly on this matter:

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. -Hermann Goering
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    There is no perfect candidate for the scenario you are describing, as Reagan is dead.
    Fixed it for you
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

And I think this one exemplfies my point of view almost perfectly on this matter:

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. -Hermann Goering

LOL..You've copied a good one, which is an empty and meaningless statement, coming from Hitler's number one man and commander in chief of the nazi luftwaffe.
    It's not as easy to drag along a country loving patriotic American as it is a goose stepping, brainwashed, zombie.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    It's not as easy to drag along a country loving patriotic American as it is a goose stepping, brainwashed, zombie.
    Don't be so sure. Hitler gave great speeches and united a people against a common "enemy". Given that he absolutely *never* spoke with any "normal" person one-on-one, he fed into their mob mentality. Children and adults alike were fed propaganda until it was easier to believe. And, teenagers were "recruited" and forced to serve in Hitler's Youth (not so unlike Obama's idea of "mandatory community service"). Granted, there were many who didn't follow his thinking, but they sure as heck wouldn't have voiced that opinion. In essence, that is the only difference between America and Nazi Germany...the freedom to say what we think and stand up for the injustices of others. If Americans weren't, as you say, "goose stepping, brainwashed, zombies", then explain to me the rise of the KKK and how one generation can essentially brainwash the next.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information