Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BlackNwhite is offline Officer First Class

Foreign customer service?

Anyone one else sick of this. Im not being racist, I dont even know where these calls get routed. My accounts are constantly screwed up and I get customer service somewhere out side of the US. People who dont care and are trained to just say whatever to avoid your questions. I believe customer service calls are routed to India? Anyone else having problems like this. I just think its wrong we outsource to other countries to do our work, have access to personal information and have the ability to screw up our accounts. Im just venting. I dealt with the credit card company and cell phone company.....

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I work in Medical billing and I've only recently been doing follow up, but in doing so I've been starting to talk to quite a few customer service reps in other countries. A couple weren't too bad, one guy in the Phillipines was helpful and pleasant enough -- but there's one that I haven't asked where she is (I suspect India) and I've dealt with her several times so far and I want to slap her! The sad thing is that I'm sure she gets paid a lot less than me and it's quite possible some day she'll take my job...
    Arm the sheep!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    It can sometimes be frustrating when they just read from a script and make you go through the entire process step by step even when you know it's not necessary (e.g. me: "I've already tried turning the computer off and turning it back on again!" Customer service agent in India: "I'm sorry ma'am but you have to do it again before I'm allowed to tell you about the next step" ). On the plus side, though, I've sometimes asked them about their lives while waiting for the computer to restart, I've learned so much about life in India, the Philippines, Malaysia, etc. just from these customer service calls!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I spent an afternoon dealing with HP customer service. It was pathetic, but they were obviously working off a script designed to sell product vs solving a problem.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

KaiGywer is online now *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It can sometimes be frustrating when they just read from a script and make you go through the entire process step by step even when you know it's not necessary (e.g. me: "I've already tried turning the computer off and turning it back on again!" Customer service agent in India: "I'm sorry ma'am but you have to do it again before I'm allowed to tell you about the next step" ). On the plus side, though, I've sometimes asked them about their lives while waiting for the computer to restart, I've learned so much about life in India, the Philippines, Malaysia, etc. just from these customer service calls!
    Had that experience with Dell once. I told them what the problem was (had happened before, and exact same thing happened again). I said my motherboard is fried, I need a new one. Oh no, wait a second...let's go through the motions. I just sat there and humored the rep saying I was doing what he told me to do. At the end, he somehow came to the conclusion that it must be my motherboard that's broken...weird huh, since I said the exact same thing 25 minutes earlier...
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Not to mention you're not always listening to the CLEAREST English either. You're already angry because something is messed up and now you've got to try and have it fixed by a person you can barely understand.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    Had that experience with Dell once. I told them what the problem was (had happened before, and exact same thing happened again). I said my motherboard is fried, I need a new one. Oh no, wait a second...let's go through the motions. I just sat there and humored the rep saying I was doing what he told me to do. At the end, he somehow came to the conclusion that it must be my motherboard that's broken...weird huh, since I said the exact same thing 25 minutes earlier...
    If you buy your Dell on a government purchase, you get American tech support.

The more you know.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

The more you know.
    I bought a Dell through regular commercial channels and ended up learning a lot about life in India.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I bought a Dell through regular commercial channels and ended up learning a lot about life in India.
    Bully for you!

If I wanted to learn a lot about life in India, I'd buy a plane ticket.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    to sum it up, its called reality.
    Theres nothing you or i can do about it. As long as The REPUBLICANS keep giving company's fucking tax breaks to build, or even operater their business across the pond, this is what we will have to deal with!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Bully for you!

But it's less expensive to learn about it through a call to customer service!

Bully for you!

I agree. They dont give a crap about us, or our issue with whatever service, I could care less about their crap

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    to sum it up, its called reality.
    Theres nothing you or i can do about it. As long as The REPUBLICANS keep giving company's fucking tax breaks to build, or even operater their business across the pond, this is what we will have to deal with!
    Even factcheck.org says that isn't true Max.

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_blame..._shipping.html
    I'm your huckleberry...

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Many UK businesses have been using call services, mainly in India for quite a few years, and it's not been particularly successful from what I can see. Customers got so annoyed with the "go by script routine" and their inability to think or act outside the script, that they took their custom elsewhere. Now many of those same businesses are advertising 'English/UK Call Centres" in a bid to win their customers back. I don't do patience so unfortunately for them my calls were quite blunt!
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

The more you know.
    Same if you buy for a small business vs home, or so I hear. I bought my parents a computer for Christmas and haven't had to deal with tech support because I'm a) lucky, and b)computer literate and c)know how to use google

The thing that absolutely cracks me up is when they answer and say in their heavily accented English, "herro, tank jew for carring Dell. Theese eese Tim, how mays I pleeze you?

I always want to say, "fuck all man...I don't care that you're out in Bumfuck, India, answering my call. But I know your fucking name ain't Tim. Its Jagdish or something completely unpronounceable to me, and that is fine...thats your name. If you want to give me an ID number to reference this call, I'll be fucking thrilled. But just say your real fucking name, man! "

Of course, on the American side of things, I have my complaints also. I've been on the phone with the gas company for about 3 hours in the last couple days trying to get service turned on. Every time I call its the same pre-recording: "we are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls right now, your wait time will be super fucking long. you can do everything you want to on our cheesy shit-ass website that doesn't fucking work. please do that so we don't have to waste time and resources talking to you." Sometimes the 'extremely long wait is 2 minutes, other times it is 30...but same stupid ass message.

The path of least resistance? Every time I call I press the buttons for a gas leak, and get answered (by the same damn people) a little bit faster
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

I always want to say, "fuck all man...I don't care that you're out in Bumfuck, India, answering my call. But I know your fucking name ain't Tim. Its Jagdish or something completely unpronounceable to me, and that is fine...thats your name. l:
    Thats hilarious. I about died laughing reading this. I just hate how they make shit up, For example my cell phone company just makes shit up. It is funny when I read them their terms of service. I keep bitching at them until they transfer, and transfer, and transfer me. I have made them credit my account for so many troubles they have given me. I think its horrible services we buy give us this customer service. I hate the over politeness. I wish they would get to the damn point.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Even factcheck.org says that isn't true Max.

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_blame..._shipping.html
    Not to get into a pissing match about this brother, but what reasonable explanation can be giving? I hear it everyday on the news about companys across the pond adding structure, and then 5 minutes later i hear the same people talk about how many jobs are being lost on our land, to people across the pond. Mr Bush is in charge, and they always relate it back to tax cuts. I just didnt make this up mac. I've heard it numerous times on the tube.

I'll be the first to admit, im not a huge politcal buff, but i do somewhat listen to the news, ect..
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I have had so many dealings with these outsourced customer service people it is ridiculous! First of all, I'd love to know how many people in India are named Tim, Joe, Sally etc. Second, I am tired of having to say Excuse me, can you repeat that, what the hell did you just say? There are plenty of people in this country looking for work that can't speak English, lets give them the jobs!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

KaiGywer is online now *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO

The more you know.
    One time I actually got transferred twice, and the final guy was an American. I even asked him "wow, you're actually located in the US?". He just laughed and said my call wasn't even supposed to be routed to him as he only does government and big corporations, but now that I was with him he'd be more than happy to help me. This was around 4pm, I had my new AC adapter delivered the next day. I was impressed!
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Don't know if this has already been said, head hurts too much to read it all, but it isn't always the foreign people. I've had times when I've talked to an American call center only to not be able to understand the people!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information