Welcome to the APBWeb.
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

Asking for our members help!

I am asking that our members please check out this myspace page.
    http://www.myspace.com/4paws4taytay

A fellow K9 Handler, and great friend, is trying to collect money to purchase a service dog for his granddaughter. Taylor is 10 years old and has cerebral palsy. The above myspace page has been established to help Taylor raise the money to purchase a service dog to assist her with her daily activities.
    The cost needed is $13,000 to purchase the service dog. They are having fundraisers, yard sales, ect... to help with the cost.
    This small quote is from the above page

"WELCOME!!! I made this page in dedication to my daughter, Taylor. Taylor is 10 years old and has cerebral palsy. We are volunteering to an organization called 4 Paws For Ability to raise money for a service dog for Taylor. Many places have a 3 to 5 year waiting list to receive a service dog. At 4 Paws we will be placed with a dog very soon after we raise the money. So I am excited to raise the money as quickly as I can. Please take some time to read Taylors story and consider making a donation to 4 Paws in honor of Taylor. THANK YOU! "

We here at OfficerResource have a close knit family. I am asking that our family here on O/R, assist in any way possible for this little sweetheart.
    Any Donation possible will make Taylor that much closer to her goal. Lets help make this little girls dream come true!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for your support, and consideration.
    Mike aka K9max
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Wow...had no idea service dogs cost that much!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Kittylynn is offline NOT A SLUT!!!! DAMMIT!!!
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think its partly because not just any dog can be a service dog. We had some family friends that would raise puppies for Service dogs. They would get the whole litter at 8 weeks old and start training and observing them. Its rare for more than 1 or 2 pups per litter to have the right temperament and focus to be good for such work. The rest of the litter become ordinary household pets.

That IS a lot of money though. I will pass on the link to her page. I have friends on other forums.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren't!

Adopt a virtual pet today! Check out neopets! It's fun and free. All ages play!

Verified LEO
    Thank you, I am trying to get this little girl as much exposure as i can.
    This truly is her dream. I really want to see her get a service dog, and fast.
    Thanks again for everyones support, and consideration.

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Verified LEO
    Bump

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Roger that.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I'd like to donate anonymously. There's an option for not sharing my name with the charity, but would the family still see my name?

Also what should I write in "Designation (Optional) To designate your donation for a specific fund or purpose, please enter a description of how you'd like your donation to be used"?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I'd like to donate anonymously. There's an option for not sharing my name with the charity, but would the family still see my name?

Also what should I write in "Designation (Optional) To designate your donation for a specific fund or purpose, please enter a description of how you'd like your donation to be used"?
    i forwarded her mother the question you asked. When she replies, i will let you know jenna.
    thank you very much!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    Wow...had no idea service dogs cost that much!

Honestly, I would have expected them to cost more than that.

I am very happy to make a donation, K-9Max. Keep us updated on the progress.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Also, if they haven't done so yet they might want to start a CaringBridge site, it may help.

http://www.caringbridge.org/

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO

Jenna, You can do a snail mail donation, just get a postal money order, where the name is put Jenna from the OR, or leave blank and just write a note you wanted to remain anonymus. Keep copy of money order for your tax records.

Got this info from their website:

If you would like to help Taylor achieve the independence, safety, and support a service dog will provide for her, please consider making a tax deductible donation to 4 Paws For Ability, Inc at 253 Dayton Ave. Xenia, OH 45385. Be sure to include "In Honor of Taylor Hupp" on the memo portion of your check so that Taylor will receive proper credit.
    We thank each and every one for your support and prayers for Taylor and our family.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Jenna, You can do a snail mail donation, just get a postal money order, where the name is put Jenna from the OR, or leave blank and just write a note you wanted to remain anonymus. Keep copy of money order for your tax records.

Got this info from their website:

If you would like to help Taylor achieve the independence, safety, and support a service dog will provide for her, please consider making a tax deductible donation to 4 Paws For Ability, Inc at 253 Dayton Ave. Xenia, OH 45385. Be sure to include "In Honor of Taylor Hupp" on the memo portion of your check so that Taylor will receive proper credit.
    We thank each and every one for your support and prayers for Taylor and our family.
    Thank you for posting the donation info. I'm on dial up which sometimes makes Myspace difficult to pull up and it is blocked at work.
    Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO

Jenna, here is her response.

Mike, If they click on the option of anonymous then no we would not see their name or information. If they would like to have the donation tax deductible they can click on the other option with their name and information and that info will only go to 4 paws. We will only know the amount.

In the designation option they can leave that blank but in the destination option they need to have "In Honor of Taylor Hupp" for her to get the credit for the donation.

Hope that helps!
    Miranda

Verified LEO
    I want to thank all of you very much for your consideration with little Taylor.
    We have a very unique family here online, and its absolutly great to tell other people that we have this awesome family online willing to put their help, and efforts into something, or someone that they dont even know. Thats what really makes this site what it is.
    You people are great!
    Thank you Term for letting me post this on here.
    Kudos to all of you for helping out.
    Mike

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Jenna, here is her response.

Mike, If they click on the option of anonymous then no we would not see their name or information. If they would like to have the donation tax deductible they can click on the other option with their name and information and that info will only go to 4 paws. We will only know the amount.

In the designation option they can leave that blank but in the destination option they need to have "In Honor of Taylor Hupp" for her to get the credit for the donation.

Hope that helps!
    Miranda
    Thanks for the info! I just donated anonymously but still got a tax deductibility receipt.

Best wishes to little Taylor and her family.

Verified LEO
    Thanks for the info! I just donated anonymously but still got a tax deductibility receipt.

Best wishes to little Taylor and her family.

Thank you jenna!

Verified LEO
    4 Paws For Taylor

Taylor Hupp is a special girl with a dream of a special friend. Taylor's story began on March 18, 1998 when she was born prematurely at 31 weeks. She was born by an emergency caesarean section due to a rapid drop in her heart rate. Her tiny body weighed only 3lbs. 10ozs. She was put on a respirator, had a feeding tube placed down her nose and had several IVs and monitors attached to her. During her four week stay in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, an MRI discovered a bleed in her brain. The damage that the bleed caused would not be known for many years. We were told there was a chance she would never walk, talk or be able to care for herself. That day is actually a blur to us now. Although the news was devastating, we still held on to so much hope and stayed strong for our little girl.
    Today, over 10 years later, we know what damage has been caused. Taylor is wheelchair bound and has many physical limitations. She is mentally delayed and her speech is somewhat hard to understand at times. She has had many surgeries, from eye surgery to feeding tube placement, and has had countless tests and exams. Throughout her life she has received physical, occupational and speech therapies. Taylor suffers from separation anxiety due to a lack of mobility and daily activities such as hygiene, eating meals and playing with her siblings are much harder for Taylor than most kids her age.
    Although she has been thrown a curve ball, Taylor has overcome many challenges. She is very outgoing and loves to meet new people. Taylor is the life of every party and makes strangers smile wherever we go. In many areas Taylor does not let her disability hold her back. She loves to practice walking in her walker, photography, playing outside, teasing her siblings and teaching others sign language!
    We have been given a opportunity by a unique organization called 4 Paws For Ability. 4 Paws is a non-profit organization that helps families with special needs acquire service dogs. Taylor has been approved for the placement of a Multi Assistance Service Dog! As part of the application process we have agreed to partner with 4 Paws to fundraise the $13,000 it will cost to train these special animals. Once we have reached our goal, 4 Paws will, in return, begin training a dog specifically for Taylor and her needs. Any additional funds raised will be given to a child whose family is struggling to raise the money needed.
    The benefits that a Service Dog can provide are endless. Her dog will be trained to retrieve items, open and close doors and cupboards, turn light on and off and "call" for help at the touch of a button. Taylor will be expected to take care of the dog which will be a huge benefit for her. She will utilize physical, occupational and speech therapies by helping to feed, water, brush and give commands to her new dog daily. Most importantly it will give Taylor a constant companion that will not only lift her spirits and give her much needed motivation, it will also give her the confidence she desire to become independent. Her new friend will play fetch with her no matter how far she can throw a ball and it will never see her as different because of her disability.

Verified LEO
    bump

Verified LEO
    Thanks again to the members that contributed for this cause. Little Taylor is very greatful for your consideration.

Thread Information