Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cheech Guest

Why are people so $#%$@#% stupid?

So I get to work, my supervisor tells me if I want to go deliver a computer. I say sure, anything to get out of this office. Hop on the freeway he says he has to drop something off at his house. He reaches down and grabs two huge ass bags of weed and starts thinking I would think its cool. I was fucking pist. He says " we wont get pulled over ". This time Im fucking fuming. WHy is it people dont understand " Hey im in the fucking academy, last thing I need is this" Im just pist off right now , I had him drop me back off, And now Im panicking somehow someway this will affect me.

THE LAW is offline Around the next turn
    Dont know how far you want to take it or if you can get another job but maybe tell the authorities and have them knock and talk.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'd talk to your instructors. You basically took part in a crime, and that's not something you want on your conscience or for him to pull on you one day when he's in trouble. He screwed himself, and you shouldn't be affected by it. Your instructors should be able to tell you if it should go further.

Cheech Guest
    By instructors you mean academy or job ones?

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Academy. It's a department academy, right? Not a private academy?

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Academy. It's a department academy, right? Not a private academy?
    Im in a reserve academy. THe rest of the days I go to work. Work is where this happened.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yeah, I just figured you could talk to officers you interact with rather than file an official report without getting advise first.

It's up to your comfort level either way though. On one hand you could ignore it entirely. On the other extreme, you could notify police and your employer.

Cheech Guest
    Everyone smokes weed at my job. It would be pointless to say anything. IM just mad at the fact we could have been pulled over.

Cheech Guest
    I think 80 percent of people just smoke weed out here.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you dude.

Cheech Guest
    I technically didnt do anything wrong, And if needed it will be disclosed to anyone who wants to know.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Hmmm this is sounding very suspicious to me. Since when does the lawn crew deliver computers?

keith720 is online now Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    OK, so you "looked the other way." What's going to happen once you're certified? Are you willing to let this destroy your future in Law Enforcement? At the very least, I'd let someone in authority know about it. The name of the game is CYA.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Hmmm this is sounding very suspicious to me. Since when does the lawn crew deliver computers?

hahahah you bastard.

Im not looking away. I cant say much the lead manager is the guys brother who in turn smokes weed. Now I dont care what they do in their off time, But not at work. I dont think this can haunt me I can be wrong.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    If you have an agency sponsoring you, I would report it to them immediately.
    Whether you want to speak with the area police department and have your bosses investigated (anonymous on your part) for drug possession is up to you. Reguardless of whether you do or don't, I would report this to someone over your head, whether they smoke weed or not, and document it all. Although you may think nothing may happen, just in case it does, this might cover your ass.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith758
    OK, so you "looked the other way." What's going to happen once you're certified? Are you willing to let this destroy your future in Law Enforcement? At the very least, I'd let someone in authority know about it. The name of the game is CYA.
    bingo

listen, this is law enforcement, you can be dinged for anything and everything both on and off duty (especially as a new guy or a probationary), ie neglect of duty or 'looking the other way".

id love to be able to tell you that what you do in your own time, or what you come across cant harm you in your career, but id be lying. at the very least i would say to inform someone that you trust at your academy. that way if for any reason anything happens down the road, youll have your version on record somewhere with someone of authority. that is just my opinion, you do what you think is best for you obviously.

personally, id have just told that idiot that his actions are putting me in a very awkward position, and that id appreciate if hed show me some respect and hold off until im not around. if he refused, id find an alternate means of handling the situation based on his reactions.

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    CYOA: Cover Your Own Ass

Live by that. Fuck this asshole, your training to be a cop and he puts you in this position? Fuck him! I would be pissed if a friend put me in this position nevermind some jack off I work with.

Report him straight away as you can bet your ass hes already thinking off ways top turn this in you or at least hold it against you.

And for the record, this shouldnt even be a question. Your planning to be a cop that means taking action that might not be popular and is often hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Cheech Guest
    You guys are all right. Thanks for advice. Was something on my chest for a bit. I will let someone know to cover my ass. I did let him know it can affect me thats why I got dropped off. I just get mad cause people know what im doing and dont think.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Yeah, when you take your polygraph test, it would be nice to be able to say honestly that you did the right thing without it looking like a deception (in case they ask you about how you handled crimes committed in your presence by friends, family members, etc).

He's an asshole for putting you in this position
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-09-06 at 06:46 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ok, well, I'm a little late but.....

what everyone else said. CYA

Tell your sponsoring agency, instructor, etc.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information