Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

President Bush has got class.

Many would disagree with me, but regardless of how people remember President Bush's administration, let there be no doubt this president has got class. This commander in chief has had a tough watch at the helm and has had a heavy burden to bear all through his time in office, perhaps as heavy as any former president in our history, including Lincoln and FDR. He has had a lot of hard decisions to make and for the most part has made the right decision each time. Eight months after taking office, on the morning of 9/11/01 he was faced with the challenge of the century and accepted that challenge head on, without shirking or wasting time.
    As a result, over fifty million formerly mistreated and brutaliized people have a measure of freedom today that they wouldn't have had otherwise as a result of this man's decisions. If Bush had not eliminated the butcher of Baghdad, who had bombed his own people, had invaded an innocent country and had violated over 40 UN resolutions he would still be a threat to the world and perhaps the middle east would be under his thumb today. At the time, most politicians, democrats and republicans alike knew Saddam was a threat and backed the president's actions, but when they saw the UN and world powers back away from a confrontation with Iraq they stranded Bush by the wayside and started politicising the issues realizing that it was not popular with the rest of the world and not politically feasible. Regardless of what people think today and would now admit, most knew Saddam Hussein was a war waiting to happen and a war we would've had to eventually fight down the road and at a time when he would have become a much stronger enemy, where there would be a much greater loss of life than what there has been today.
    He has been ridiculed and demeaned all through his administration and has been blamed for a lot of things that have not been his fault, but since they happened on his watch has willingly accepted in a good natured way the full responsibility without bitching or complaining.
    All through the campaign Obama degraded and demeaned Bush unmercively and categorized him like a bumbling idiot, then yesterday like the true gentleman he is, warmly greeted and welcomed the president elect and his wife into the White House.
    While Laura entertained Michelle, Bush showed Obama around the place then spent a couple of hours in the oval office showing him the ropes and pledging his full support in the transition of power in the administrations.
    Bush didn't have to be this nice of a guy and could've let his aides handle everything, including showing Obama the oval office, but this how someone with real class acts.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There's never been any doubt he's a class act and a gentleman.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    These last eight years have aged the man beyond that length of time too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Agreed. Rep sent.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Good post, I agree....I feel safe while under his watch and a little worried about what lays ahead.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm going to wager the "O" keys on all the keyboards will be there when Barry moves in, too.

Reps.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Poignant post! It's good to read positive things about President Bush for a change.
    Arm the sheep!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Good post, I agree....I feel safe while under his watch and a little worried about what lays ahead.
    I was actually curious if I was the only one on here that remembered that the outgoing Clinton administration removed all the "W" keys from computer keyboards during the last transition.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thanks everyone, for the kind remarks. Things aren't looking good today and I'm afraid this country and the world is teetering on the brink of a full blown depression. The stock market is not recovering as expected and on top of the government bank bail out Obama has now asked Bush to bail out the American auto makers.
    Bush is not responsible for the economy being in the shambles it is today, but since it has happened on his watch is getting blamed for it. The banking industry has used bad judgement in making loans for decades and are responsible for their own doings, which came about as a result of mismanagement and their CEO's being paid multi million dollar salaries and bonuses. The auto industry is in the same boat with banking as far as their CEO's salaries and bonuses are concerned, even though being at the mercy of the UAW for over 50 years and are paying their workers the most lucrative salaries and giving them the highest fringe benefits of any group of workers in industry today. The thing that pisses me off is that their CEO's will still be building and enjoying their plush private clubs and getting their BIG salaries and bonuses even after the bailouts.
    I'm afraid this new president elect has sold us a bill of goods that just won't fly. On top of all the bailouts and the promises he has made to get elected there's no way we can escape a depression without everyone but the very poorest from being taxed to the hilt for at least the next 4 years.
    This is all I'll have to say on the subject and in closing I wish this new president elect every success and the best of luck, and sincerely hope and pray that he will lead this country out of the mess it's in and not not expect too much from The UN and foreign countries, who have always been on the receiving end of the stick when it comes to dealing with their benefactor dear old Uncle Sam.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Remember the mortgage problem also came about because of the likes of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Acorn and some others that pushed Fannis and Freddie into taking garbage paper from people who couldn't pay it back ( can we all say affordable housing ) and when Bush brought it up the Dems would have nothing to do with it.

Now since the election they own the whole thing and no one else to blame. Why do you think they're pushing Bush on the auto industry bail out, so if it goes tits up they can blame him.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Whatever you want to say about George Bush , the man has class. An example , he never fails to return a proper salute to any military personnel when one is rendered to him unlike Bill Clinton. I'm waiting to see how President- elect Obama does in this area.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Cap, you know damn well he won't return a salute. Probably doesn't know what a saulte is!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Bush got on TV a mere weeks before the election about the bailout. The outcome of it was that McCain started losing the election. If Bush has waited until after the election, McCain would have had a better chance, IMHO. However, Bush indeed showed class in that he did not wait until it was politically feasible. He did what he felt he had to do at the time regardless on the circumstances.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    "Class" is a virtue way beyond any Washington liberal.
    With that all I can say is the abandonment of President Bush by his own party was a disgrace. The gutless wonders of the GOP need to pull their heads out of their own asses and learn how to practice unification and not sell themselves out on the fear of pissing off the extreme left.
    And yes! I'm especially talking about you John McCain.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    These last eight years have aged the man beyond that length of time too.
    Yes it has, he looks like his father now.........but it is almost time for him to relax and play a lot more golf.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Whatever you want to say about George Bush , the man has class. An example , he never fails to return a proper salute to any military personnel when one is rendered to him unlike Bill Clinton. I'm waiting to see how President- elect Obama does in this area.
    Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama did not serve.

A salute becomes a part of who you are shortly after you begin basic training.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama did not serve.

A salute becomes a part of who you are shortly after you begin basic training.

Apparently true

I personally believe a couple things about the Bush administration.

It is probably one of the most negatively perceived administrations in history...a lot of that due to the media. And really, when you're talking approval ratings, the difference between a 50% and a 40% isn't *that* much, when you consider that many Presidents have gotten into office with under a 50% popular vote

I do believe that properly researched history will show the Bush administration for what it was: not perfect, but as trying to do good...and ending up with a good overall impact; most people don't realize that changes that take place today take years to 'show' in our lives. Also, I would certainly have preferred Bush in the White House on 9/11--people fucking forget that day left and right.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

A few of the things our troops and president haven't gotten due credit for.

See new thread under the above title.
    Last edited by Retmilleo909; 11-15-08 at 12:44 AM. Reason: change in topic of discussion by Retmilleo

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I was actually curious if I was the only one on here that remembered that the outgoing Clinton administration removed all the "W" keys from computer keyboards during the last transition.
    Anyone remember or have a list of all the crap the Clinton staff pulled during the transition? I seem to recall hearing about all sorts of missing stuff, damaged equipment, and more...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Not only does he have class, and respect, he is a way better President then clinton. clinton's administration got us into the housing market mess to begin with. And not that I would ever have had the chance, but neither obama nor clinton would get a salute from me. I wouldn't care what price I would have to pay for that, but neither are worthy of my respect. President Bush did get my salute and always would. I only wish I could have shaken his hand as that would have been a tremendous honor to me. I am proud to have served under him and would do so again in a heartbeat. I am proud to have voted for him as well and have not second guessed myself once for doing so.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Thread Information