Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Thumbs up Off to War (Discovery Channel TV Series)

I know there's probably many current and former Military on LEF, and just wondered how you felt about the Discovery/Times Channel TV series, "Off to War":
    http://times.discovery.com/convergence/offtowar/offtowar.html

There's some video clips here that give you an idea of what this very impressive series is like, in case you haven't seen it. As you can see, it seems to be fairly well-balanced for a program coming from a major media outlet:
    http://times.discovery.com/convergence/offtowar/videogallery/videogallery.html

I just recently discovered it, and from the 2 or 3 episodes I've seen, it seems like it's one of the more honest depictions I've seen so far, of how I would imagine that solders struggle with their devotion to duty and country, and all they good things that they're doing in the face of the hatred they get from the very people who they're trying to liberate.

I'm saying that as someone who's never served, so I don't really know, that's why I'm asking - Maybe it seems like I'm just easily impressed by the media sometimes, but of course it's the men and women that they're documenting who are the ones I'm so impressed with.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Very so often the media shocks us all. I have seen previews to this show and from those it appears that it is going to actually show what the men and women go through. A lot of times the war shows depict things that really are not going on or they tell a story with only half of the real story there.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    It gives me even more respect for our military, if thats possible. I saw one on a group of guys from Arkansas. Man, those guys had it rough... Our military is way underpaid.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Switek
    Our military is way underpaid.
    No truer words were ever spoken... It's outrageous that while they're over there fighting, some of their families have to depend on food stamps and are back home fighting off bill collectors.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information