Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

What will you have for Thanksgiving dinner?

Since Thanksgiving is less than a week away, it's time to start planning for that annual feast. Will you have a family traditional dinner and if so what'll be on the menu.This is a big country and I know in some areas folks have different favorites in the way of drinks, appetizers, salads, meats, vegetables, desserts, etc. I thought it would be intersting to find out what some of those favorites are.
    What do you plan on having Jenna, besides tofurkey?

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I have no earthly clue what I am eating. I am working and going over to the firehouse to eat. I am thinking something fairly traditional...but who the heck knows!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Eh, the usual. Turkey, taters, gravy, stuffing, etc.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    We're having turkey dinner at my in-laws tomorrow (which reminds me I need to make the broccoli salad tonight). I think the hubby may have to work on Thanksgiving so I'll probably just end up eating leftovers or going to my grandma's. I'm dying to eat green bean casserole!
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I may have hotpockets. hehehe No thanksgiving dinner for me so who knows what I will eat on a day that for me will be like about any other day I work.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    What do you plan on having Jenna, besides tofurkey?
    Actually I was planning to not have anything special, but maybe I'll have to eat some tofurky just so I can brag about it on O/R!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I will probably have mashed potatos, biscuits, and baked beans. I don't eat the other crap.

racing04 is offline Master Officer
    I work so I will have whatever is in the fridge that day
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    My wife and I'll be going up to Tennessee forThanksgiving and have dinner with my daughter and family... we'll have the usual traditional dinner.. iced tea, fresh vegetable plate of celery sticks stuffed with pimento cheese, ripe and green olives, sliced cucumbers, carrot sticks with an onion dip... then it'll be roast turkey with cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes with giblet gravy, string beans, collard greens, mashed rutabagas.. For desserts we'll have pumpkin, mince and apple pie with blue bell vanilla ice cream then top it with coffee.

TacticalII is offline Member
    Verified LEO
    We'll be going out to the in-laws again this year. Good ol' country cookin! Thanksgiving seems to be the only holiday I have off every year. We do the traditional turkey, stuffing, sweet taters, mashed taters, deviled eggs, cranberry, all kinds of veggies, rolls, and a good ham. The last few years we've focused more on ham, as that gets eaten more than the turkey does. I look forward to it every year. Not too often we get everyone at the table at one time.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Thanksgiving here is the traditional Turkey/dressing, mashed taters/gravy, sweet taters, green beans, corn, yeast rolls, cranberries, spinach salad, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, apple crisp. Beer, Vodka, Tequila and diet dew.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Thanksgiving is my familys biggest holiday. We will have anywere fom 40-60 people at dinner. We will have family members from over 15 states here for dinner. I love turkey day!

Ducky is online now Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's my turn to cook this year, so... everything. Turkey, ham, gravy for both, (yes, ham gravy,) corn casserole, green bean casserole, dressing, crusty bread, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows (I can't stand it, too sweet, but everyone else loves it,) a marinaded salad, a couple of pies, ice cream, and alka seltzer. Maybe some mulled wine for afters. I'll be eating leftovers for a couple of weeks.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    We are going out for dinner and a movie Wednesday.

I work T-Day, and we are having a pot-luck
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Thanksgiving is my familys biggest holiday. We will have anywere fom 40-60 people at dinner. We will have family members from over 15 states here for dinner. I love turkey day!
    That sounds so nice Reca...I miss my family. I talk to them all the time...but miss having big family get togethers on Thanksgiving.

Helping make dinner, everyone eating and laughing, kids making a mess at the kid table, football on in the background, eating til everyone wants to take a nap, drinking beer, cheering on a game....sigh.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    It's my turn to cook this year, so... everything. Turkey, ham, gravy for both, (yes, ham gravy,) corn casserole, green bean casserole, dressing, crusty bread, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows (I can't stand it, too sweet, but everyone else loves it,) a marinaded salad, a couple of pies, ice cream, and alka seltzer. Maybe some mulled wine for afters. I'll be eating leftovers for a couple of weeks.
    I am coming to your house for the mulled wine.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Actually I was planning to not have anything special, but maybe I'll have to eat some tofurkey just so I can brag about it on O/R!

Wow, that looks like a close up shot of a cross-section of a full colon! How appetizing! And it even comes with diarrhea gravy. Awesome!

hahaha
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    EW!!! Now you have me thinking of 2 girls 1 cup. Just EW!!!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Now, why did you have to bring that up?? that's nasty.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    I have no earthly clue what I am eating. I am working and going over to the firehouse to eat. I am thinking something fairly traditional...but who the heck knows!

I bet you wish it was station 2.

Hosedraggers,go figure. At least they have the big screen TV for the football games.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information