Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Blogging

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Blogging

Many of you know what Blogs are. For those who don't know, a blog is an on-line diary. Authors can write and post about any topic. Many just write about their lives but there are some who have focused topics like politics or news. Due to the popularity of "Blogging" there are Internet developers that have created websites and software to enable easy publishing to the Internet.

What does that have to do with OR?

To more easily enable us to publish content on our front page we've upgraded the software back end to a blogging program. I've volunteered to maintain that front page and begin blogging for OR.

I'm not that interesting that I can provide fresh content constantly. I've envisioned our front page as more of a law enforcement blogging aggregator. I'm contacting some of the best law enforcement bloggers on the Internet and I've already set up links and published a story on our home page. I hope to begin adding more soon.

I'm hoping for two things. The first, I want to provide OR members and visitors some of the best law enforcement information on the Internet. It will be at the click of your mouse on our "Home" link at the top of the page. And in my signature.

The second is that I hope to begin driving traffic from the blogging world to Officer Resource.

We will still be publishing articles from the best law enforcement authors like Jim Donahue and Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.

I also hope to post some articles and stories from OR members. You may get a PM from me asking permission to post a good story you've written. Nothing will go up without permission from the author, so don't worry!

If you are active in the blogging world or enjoy blogs from law enforcement sources that I don't have up please PM me. I'll check them out and see if they will fit our vision.

I hope to have fresh content on the OR home page frequently. Please check it out, I promise some compelling content. Don't be shy about posting comments at OR so our authors see their stuff is popular and appreciated. Also, please follow the links to visit their pages. When they see traffic coming from here they will be more amenable to working with me.

If you come across a story out there that you think others would like to read here, please let me know. I'll contact the author and attempt to put it up.

Thanks for your help!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Excellent news and thanks for volunteering.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good news for all of us.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Sounds like it will be a great addition, Xiphos!
    Arm the sheep!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I'm looking forward to it.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

We will still be publishing articles from the best law enforcement authors like Jim Donahue and Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.
    And Xiphos!

You are an excellent writer with oodles of knowledge and experience, and your contributions will totally rock. Way to go!!!!

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I would like to thank Xiphos for all the hard work he has done on the front page. Xiphos has been working very hard behind the scenes trying to promote O/R for some time now. The front page never looked better and it is great to have new content on the front page daily.

If you guys have not checked the front page yet I encourage you to do so. The content on the front page is great!

Thanks Xiphos

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Those blog posts Xiphos found are great! Those bloggers sound like cool people, and, unlike legendary professional authors like Grossman, those bloggers are regular cops who have time to just hang out on the internet, so if we comment on their posts they might become interested in joining O/R as members and we can interact with them more here. This was a great idea! Thanks for all the work you put into this, Xiphos!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm thrilled to be able to spend some time and energy in a great site and see the fruits of my labor. I'm really excited to generate new content and new traffic!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is excellent, Xiphos! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Thread Information