Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Native American Heritage Day.

Tomorrow is not only the biggest sales day for shoppers, it's also the first Native American Heritage Day to honor native American Indians for this one day only and will not become an annual recognized federal empoyee's holiday.
    No group of people are more deserving to have an annual federal holiday in their honor than the American Indians. Our forefathers landed on their shores, stole their land and turned these contented people, into a group of wandering nomads in their greedy quest for gold and territory.
    IMO, Columbus day, a federal holiday in recognition of Christopher Columbus, should be renamed native American heritage day as the American Indians are more a part of this country than Columbus, who landed on one of the islands in the Bahamas and never stepped foot on the mainland.

lewisipso is online now Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sounds like a winner.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    So...are we celebrating giving them blankets?
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I dont know what to say about this....certainly the Native Americans are deserving of honor....but I'm not so sure a new Holiday is a good idea either..or renaming a current one.....perhaps a Native American history month or honor month or something like that?

edited to add, not to detract from today's Native American Day at all!

Happy Native American Heritage Day -- may we honor them
    Arm the sheep!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Thanksgiving is about thanking Native Americans who were generous enough to share their knowledge and food with the starving Pilgrims (not knowing what the Pilgrims' descendants would eventually do to their descendants ), so the day after Thanksgiving is a great day to celebrate the heritage of Native Americans. Happy Native American Heritage Day!

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Thanksgiving is about thanking Native Americans who were generous enough to share their knowledge and food with the starving Pilgrims (not knowing what the Pilgrims' descendants would eventually do to their descendants ), so the day after Thanksgiving is a great day to celebrate the heritage of Native Americans. Happy Native American Heritage Day!

True, but in many of the Native Indian eyes, the only thanks they can give is thanks for bringing disease over, thanks for taking over my country. Basically Thanksgiving to them is Thanks4Taking! So in reality, the holiday should be the day before!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I have Indian heritage on my mother side of the family. My Indian name is Chief Slapaho of the PimpHand Indian Tribe.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I have Indian heritage on my mother side of the family. My Indian name is Chief Slapaho of the PimpHand Indian Tribe.
    Now for some reason I figured you would've been from the BigMember Indian Tribe

Thread Information