Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Do you believe there are UFO's?

This was reported in today's AOL news: http://news.aol.com/article/pilot-ta...723x1200887160

Do you believe there are UFO's and if so have you ever seen one? Where do you think they come from, another planet, galaxy, dimension? Or, since the government has never given an explanation do you believe they are highly secret government built aircraft and flown by pilots and crews sworn to secrecy? A lot of people have reported seeing these things including military and commercial airline crews and other reliable witnesses.
    Snce UFO's have been reported being seen for the past 50 or more years that the technology would be far too advanced over any technology that exists today much less that of a half century ago.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Anything is possible...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think it's highly likely that life is not only plentiful in the universe, but that there are other civilizations akin to ours. Of those several may be quite a bit ahead technologically, and yet, I don't believe a people with the resources to travel across the galaxy would do so to buzz farmers, make crop circles and steal cow organs.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I think it's highly likely that life is not only plentiful in the universe, but that there are other civilizations akin to ours. Of those several may be quite a bit ahead technologically, and yet, I don't believe a people with the resources to travel across the galaxy would do so to buzz farmers, make crop circles and steal cow organs.
    But maybe they're bored!

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be self-centered to believe that we're the only intelligent life in the entire galaxy...but I also think of Earth as the Alabama of the universe.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I definitely think there are other, more advanced, civilizations out there. Of the billions and billioins of galaxies, containing an uncountable number of stars and planets, we can't be the only ones.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I hope they are friendly
    Arm the sheep!

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hope they'll kidnap Jenna... and take her tofu with her.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I hope they'll kidnap Jenna... and take her tofu with her.
    If they do I'll turn them into tofu-loving hippies!

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Maybe not as life as we know or define a living creature, but in some other form. To sustain life (as we define) you need certain conditions, both atmospheric and genetic, so I would think maybe there is some other life form similar to ours in another galaxy, with another Sun (Star) as their main source.

Does the gov't know this, I am not sure, space travel takes years so even if something was invented to sustain the time to travel, it would probably take many years before we would find out. And that is assuming the data can get back to us.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    ...but I also think of Earth as the Alabama of the universe.
    that made me laugh

It's a sheer numbers game - with that many possibilities, how can you feasibly believe that only one planet can sustain life

that's kind of like saying - the earth must be flat because we can only see so far, or Asia, Europe, and Africa are all the land on the earth - there is no more, if so, we would've found it by now, or the guy who said that humans have reached the epitome of their evolution and that there was nothing else to learn (can't remember it exactly, or who said it - but it was said in something like the 19th century)

there's no sense in putting ultimatums on humans, or the universe - it keeps coming back to surprise you one mo again
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Some great posts here. I have to agree that it would be naive and ignorant to think we are definitely 'it,' as far as life forms. I think there is something else out there, although I don't know what. I also think the government has information on this to some degree, and would never tell us.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I also think the government has information on this to some degree, and would never tell us.
    Maybe the government itself is run by aliens!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    A long time ago.......in a galaxy far far away.......

Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be self-centered to believe that we're the only intelligent life in the entire galaxy...but I also think of Earth as the Alabama of the universe.
    Good One!!! Five-0 will love you for that comment. He likes being in the center of attention of the universe. Especially when it comes to Football.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    I think there are two questions here:

Are there Unidentified Flying Objects?

and

Is there Alien life?

The first is an obvious yes. Sometimes things for one reason or another can't be explained. That doesn't mean it's an Alien flying around, it just means that for whatever the reason it's "unidentified."

The second isn't answered as easily. I'm not sure. If there were alien lifeforms visting Earth, wouldn't they make contact with humans? I mean other than the guy with one tooth who swears he was abducted and probed in his anus.
    I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in the Navy

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have a friend who was camping about 25 years ago in the wilds of Nevada. In the evening during sunset, he and a friend were sitting around the campfire when a UFO buzzed them.

A few years later the US Air Force released photos of the F-117A Stealth Fighter. When my friend saw that he realized that was the UFO that buzzed his camp site.

I think most of what people see and identify as a UFO are military programs.

That being said, why do we put bright flashing lights on top secret aircraft and then buzz major population centers?

I think it's probable there is life in the universe besides us. I think it's possible, although not very probable that life has been here to visit.

The requirement I believe for that would have to be the technological ability for traveling faster than the speed of light. Some kind of hyperspace travel or warp drive travel that bypasses the theory of relativity and the slow speed of light is a necessity for interstellar travel. Light speed is too slow when distances are in the hundreds and millions of years.

Why travel tens of thousands of years to visit Earth? There's no reason I can think of. Yet if it were no more difficult than walking out the back door and observing the animals in the yard I can see it being worth it for the sake of curiosity.

I enjoy listening to "Coast to Coast AM" when I'm working at night. Some of the stuff is so outlandish it's just pure entertainment. Sometimes though it can be a provocative show and really make you think and wonder.

If the government admitted that aliens were visiting Earth and were looking for volunteers to travel and live abroad as citizen ambassadors on another world, would you do it?

I would need assurances I wasn't going to be processed for food or slave labor, but I would do it. I would love to see the universe and another world of sentient species.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Maybe the government itself is run by aliens!
    ...not until January 20th, 2009.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    If the government admitted that aliens were visiting Earth and were looking for volunteers to travel and live abroad as citizen ambassadors on another world, would you do it?

I would need assurances I wasn't going to be processed for food or slave labor, but I would do it. I would love to see the universe and another world of sentient species.
    I'd do it, especially if they seemed to have benevolent book titles like the following:

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Now we know why he doesn't have a birth certificate!

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Good One!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Now we know why he doesn't have a birth certificate!

Yep, He sure got into your Cybernetic Brain, didn't he!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information