Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Food for thought
03-13-06, 12:58 AM #1Indy Guest
Food for thought
Since we have such a large gay community here, I thought you all might like to share this with your partners.
11 Reasons People Think Gay Marriage is Wrong (sadly, these are real reasons citizens of our country have given)
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage would be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
11) Gay couples are a harmful influence on their kids, because all gay couples abuse their kids, daily.
03-13-06, 01:14 AM #2That's why we have only one religion in America.
A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.
It enriches those who receive it,without making poorer those who give.It takes but a moment, but the memoryof it sometimes lasts forever.
None is so rich or mighty that hecan get along without it,and none is so poor but thathe can be made rich by it.
A smile creates happiness in the home,fosters goodwill in business,and is the countersign of friendship.
It brings rest to the weary,cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.
Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,or stolen, for it is something that is of novalue to anyone until it is given away.
Some people are too tired to give you a smile.Give them one of yours, as none needs a smileso much as he who has no more to give.
- author unknown
03-13-06, 01:37 AM #3Indy Guest
I would imagine Christianity is the one most think is the "American" religion.
ETA: I do not, obviously, agree with this...
Last edited by Indy; 03-13-06 at 01:41 AM.
03-13-06, 01:39 AM #4FishTail Guest
You mean it's not McDonalds?
03-13-06, 01:55 AM #5
Oh, and I thought it was because so many people were intolerant, closed minded, fools. But I am naive. P.S. My best friend, who is a former police officer is gay, and he wants to adopt a baby with his partner, which will never happen in this ultra conservative state, but I think it is great.www.alliedoddballs.com
I can't do this test when I am sober!
Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-13-06, 08:42 AM #62) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03-13-06, 09:02 AM #7
Thats really special Indy. Thanks for sharing....
03-13-06, 09:29 AM #8Originally Posted by Stan Switek
BWAHAHAHA....that was food for thought. Or should I say, food you thought would stay down....HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!j/k
03-13-06, 09:34 AM #9
Just realized I have a tossed salad for lunch
03-14-06, 11:16 AM #10
Thats better than having your salad, tossed.....
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By phoenixrose in forum In the NewsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-14-07, 09:37 AM
By Retmilleo909 in forum General TopicsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-07, 09:06 AM
By Piggybank Cop in forum General TopicsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-07, 10:41 AM
By BEB in forum In the NewsReplies: 11Last Post: 03-03-07, 04:38 PM