Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kateykakes Guest

Charities/Causes

I'm not sure if this was preverious asked (sorry, didn't do a search), but I thought I would go ahead and ask anyway...

What causes are very important to you?

Are there any charities that you give to on a regular basis?

I always donate to our troops and help in any way possible. My brother came home from Iraq in one piece, but my friend, Gennaro wasn't so lucky. He was killed in a road-side blast back in Sept., one month before he was scheduled to come home. R.I.P. Gennaro.

I'm a firm believer that there will be a cure for Juv. Diabetes and it's a cause I give to (and working for a company that treats kidney dialysis patients makes me see even more the need for a cure).

And besides giving to local police and fire charities, I ALWAYS donate money with hopes that there will be a cure for breast cancer.

So, what causes/charities are important to you?

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Childhood cancer (and all cancer) research is a big thing for me, as my best friend lost his young daughter to cancer. See my sig line.

I'm also very pro military and police, and occasionally give to conservatives running for office.

kateykakes Guest
    Virginian,

I'll have to add that to my list.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Thank you for bringing up the topic!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I give a little dab here & there to the PD... Last year I bought five of those cool-cop vest air conditioner attachments for them & donated them to the town (http://www.coolcop.com), and this year I just bought 5 more because a couple of cops said they were a real lifesaver after directing traffic and stuff like that on a hot day. The only bad thing I heard was that the clips break sometimes, so I asked CoolCop to send them some replacement clips.

Last year due to the hurricanes and tsunami, I also gave to the Salvation Army, Red Cross, plus a couple of downed and wounded officers' family funds, Children International, and a few other charities. Unfortunately I can't do a whole lot, but I try to do something at least.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

26Trainer is offline Master Officer
    A Childs Wish for the children who's sickness can not be cured and the child is dying and has made a last wish to go on vacation with his/her family. I have seen some of these children face to face and yes it does bring tears to my eyes eveytime is see the deductions on my pay stub. Knowing that I could be of assistance to someone so young and had at least one wish in their short life to do something with their family come true.
    "This flag, which we honor and under which we serve, is the emblem of our unity, our power, our thought and purpose as a nation. It has no other character than that which we give it from generation to generation." Woodrow Wilson, 1917

Thread Information