Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO

Boise State vs. Ball State? (BSU vs BSU)

So where are you Ball State fans? Obviously I'm a Boise State fan (Class 1990). Come to Boise if you dare.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, how brave of you to challenge a team to a bowl game on your home field! At least playing at Ford Field would have been a neutral site. Even the Independence Bowl would have been an acceptable neutral site. The funny thing is now supposedly Boise State isn't even going to play in the Humanitarian Bowl anymore. They are supposed to go play TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl instead, after Ball State said no to playing on Boise's home field. With Ohio State most likely making the BCS, the Motor City Bowl will have an open slot. So they may get a chance to try to lure as good of a team that isn't too scared to be Ball State's 14th victim. CBS thinks that it will now be Wake Forest playing Ball State.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    Hey since when did anyone say that college football was fair? Sure can't say that about the BCS games can you? So we play TCU again. Last time was in 2003 and we beat them, but it was a tough game.

Verified LEO
    I just hate all the Boise fans that have tried to run their mouths saying that Ball State was cowardly for passing on a game against Boise in Boise. They've even gone to the point of logging onto our local paper to spread their hypocritical message. Classless of those people that posted to begin with. But even worse when they don't actually have a point. Ball State turned down a game on an opponent's home turf. Boise turned their noses at a game against Ball State at a neutral site. I won't call Boise cowards. There were reasons they didn't want to play in Detroit, Mobile, or Louisiana. There were reasons Ball State didn't want to play in Idaho. Though now that Ball State has lost, it's all a moot point. I'm just disappointed in those Boise fans that have really painted a bad image for themselves. I know they are representative of all or even most Boise fans, but it still puts a bad image out there.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    I just hate all the Boise fans that have tried to run their mouths saying that Ball State was cowardly for passing on a game against Boise in Boise. They've even gone to the point of logging onto our local paper to spread their hypocritical message. Classless of those people that posted to begin with. But even worse when they don't actually have a point. Ball State turned down a game on an opponent's home turf. Boise turned their noses at a game against Ball State at a neutral site. I won't call Boise cowards. There were reasons they didn't want to play in Detroit, Mobile, or Louisiana. There were reasons Ball State didn't want to play in Idaho. Though now that Ball State has lost, it's all a moot point. I'm just disappointed in those Boise fans that have really painted a bad image for themselves. I know they are representative of all or even most Boise fans, but it still puts a bad image out there.
    Sorry to hear that. We get the same treatment from fans of other teams during the bowl season as well. You should have heard some of the real vile crap the Oklahoma fans were sending our way during the weeks leading up to the Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago. Which made our win even more sweeter.

Back in 2005 when we played Boston in the Humanitarian Bowl there were Boston fans sending some pretty bad letters to the local newpapers as well. I just though that if it was such a horrible thing to play BSU in Idaho why did the team accept the invite?

Apparently Alabama's coach has already started in on Utah about the Sugar Bowl as well.

You know some smack talking can be fun, but there are always those who take it too far.

Verified LEO
    Yeah some people take things too far. It's sad.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information