Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Your Favorite Christmas Memory

We took Orion to see Santa tonight and get his picture taken and I started thinking that I can't wait until he's old enough to understand and get excited about Christmas (which, of course, includes waking me up at 4:00 am to let me know Santa had been there)...which led me to thinking of my favorite Christmas memories.

I was always super excited to see that Santa had eaten the cookies. And my parents put fake boot prints on the carpet coming from and going to the fireplace...and fake hoof prints out on the lawn. That was cool. But my most favorite Christmas memory was the Christmas I didn't get what I had asked for. I'm probably dating myself here, but...I wanted a Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas more than I wanted air. Because my parents didn't want to spend the money or because they didn't want to fight with some other Kool-Aid mom (they didn't call them soccer moms then) over the last one, they bought me a different doll. But, come Christmas morning, I had my very own letter from Santa letting me know that he was sorry he didn't get me the doll I wanted, but a little girl who wasn't as patient or as understanding as me needed it and he was SURE I'd be happy with this other doll anyway. I was never more excited to be disappointed.

So, what are some of your favorite Christmas memories?
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My favorite Christmas memory is X-rated.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Terminator is offline BANNED

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    You guys suck.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My fav I'll say was when I was 12. Opened up a box to find mom's old snowmobile helmet, and I knew right then I was getting that 3.5hp go-cart I'd been begging for the past few months. So when the walk to the garage was completed and I was told I could open my eyes I was confused and disappointed when I saw before me a 3 wheeler.

I soon recovered and was in awe of this shiny new machine. After memorizing the rider's safety section of the manual and strapping on the helmet I was off for my first ride of countless rides. We had a lot of fun together, did a fair bit of exploring and it was a teaching aid in responsibility in many ways - starting that moment the wrapping paper revealed a helmet before anything else.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I think my favorite Christmas was when I was about 4. My older sisters and I all shared a bedroom and the three of them convinced me that Santa was flying by. It was probably an airplane but they had me convinced. Later that night they woke me up and showed me footprints on the roof outside my window. Hey, I was 4, I believed what they told me. Next morning I had my first bicycle under the tree.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    My fav I'll say was when I was 12. Opened up a box
    I'm glad it wasn't like the one in Terminator's video!
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Christmas, 1947, my brother and I got a MARX electric train. I still have it today in a display case in my living room. Still runs and is in great condition.

That same Christmas we had asked for baseball gloves and uniforms; we got football shoulder pads and helmets. No matter, it was a great Christmas. The war was over, the economy was picking up, we had a 1937 Ford 4-door, my dad had a job and we could turn on lights at night or go to the store without ration books.

Never did see Santa!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    My favorite Christmas memory is X-rated.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    One of my favorite memories is of the Christmas Eve that my dad was getting ready to go to work and he suggested that we leave Santa a sandwich along with the cookies. We thought that was an excellent idea and one that would set us apart from all of the other kids in the world - what did not cross our little minds was the fact that my dad was working afternoons and the sandwich of course would be his dinner.

Thinking about that night, he had to have been exhausted when two excited children woke him and my mom up at 6 the next morning to show them what Santa brought.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    15 My dad & mom gave me a boat with a 30hp motor and my brother gave me a Bug brand go-kart

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Christmas, 1947, my brother and I got a MARX electric train. I still have it today in a display case in my living room. Still runs and is in great condition.

That same Christmas we had asked for baseball gloves and uniforms; we got football shoulder pads and helmets. No matter, it was a great Christmas. The war was over, the economy was picking up, we had a 1937 Ford 4-door, my dad had a job and we could turn on lights at night or go to the store without ration books.

Never did see Santa!
    Is MARX anything like Lionel? I got a Lionel O gauge train set for Christmas one year from my Uncle. It had been his since he was a small child. I still have it in storage.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    The Christmas when my Dad came down with an infection in his jugular vein and the local doctors gave him no chance of surviving and none would attempt to perform the operation. Back then the practice of surgery was very limited and without penicillin and other antibiotics, if a person came down with anything worse than an infected appendex or mastoids, the patient usually died from infection or on the operating table.
    One of his doctors had heard of a surgeon in NYC, a hundred miles from where we lived, who had successfully performed risky operations. The surgeon was contacted and consented to doing the operation...he caught the next train out, bringing his black bag of tools with him and successfully performed the surgery on Christmas morning.

Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    I was about 3 or 4. Vietnam was raging, and my uncles had been overseas for a while. One of my uncles comes home a few days before Christmas and stays with us in our tiny apartment. I was overjoyed. I never left his side. So, when Christmas eve came around, I told him we should stay up for Santa. He said.. you bet, lets do that. Then it dawned on me. We didnt have a chimeny. So I was sad at that revelation and asked him, How can Santa visit us, if we dont have a chimeny. My father in the next room over, as quick as he could answer yells back... "I leave the window to the fire escape slightly open and he comes in that way."

Satisfied with a good answer, my uncle plays with me till Im worn out and fall asleep. He places me in my bed, and the next morning, Im the first one to get up. I run to living room where my uncle is asleep on the couch, look at all the presents, then run into the kitchen where the fire escape was. I push a chair to the window, open it up, and was on my way to go up the fire escape to the roof top to see if I could catch Santa, when my Uncle snatched me back inside, and said he was long gone, but that he saw Santa, and told him to tell me that he loves me very much.

That was the best Christmas I ever had.... and yet I cant even remember what the presents were. Life is about making memories.. and not so much about how much possessions we can accumulate.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't like the one in Terminator's video!

I know it will be hard for you, but no you cannot have my dick in a box!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I know it will be hard for you, but no you cannot have my dick in a box!
    You sound like a cop that works for the campus p.d. nearby. Last night he was asking my shift partner if he was going to play softball next year, and I told him that I'm trying to talk my shift partner into playing, but he might not be able to have him on the team. I then said, "but I'm wanting to play if you'll have me" (meaning on the team). He replied, "I'm sorry to disappointed you but I'm not going to have you."

But after seeing that video I now know what to get for those hard to shop for friends and family for x-mas. Though if you give d*** in a box to multiple people, is that considered re-gifting????
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Though if you give d*** in a box to multiple people, is that considered re-gifting????
    Nothing wrong with spreading the Christmas spirit!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Is MARX anything like Lionel? I got a Lionel O gauge train set for Christmas one year from my Uncle. It had been his since he was a small child. I still have it in storage.
    Marx...

Lionel...

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I was 3 or 4 yrs old and I got my zippy zip monkey from "Howdy Doody". Although this xmas is looking pretty good too

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    My son's first Christmas

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information