Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

I got a Thank You this Morn.

Yep, you heard it right, I was welcomed with a Thank You this morning.

Every year, for your holiday gift from our department/city we are given a Turkey and a Ham

Well since they are given to us, I have always taken one and donated the other to the food pantry. (No sense in being greedy)

The last two years, I know a pastor that runs on our EMS (Which I drive for) and I have been giving him the Turkey to give to a family in need. (Cant give the ham, wife can make a bitchen ham)

Well this Morn I was on a call for the PD and he was running EMS, he gave me probably one of the more sincere Thank You that I have heard in a long time. He of course kept the family name confidential but stated it was going to be a good dinner for a family that could really use it.

You know what, I almost want to donate my ham now.... but like I said my wife makes a bitchen ham so I am not giving in yet
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    That's awesome Shoestring. There's the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you!!!!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Thank you for being you , Shoestring. Merry Christmas.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thanks to you there's someone who will now have a Christmas dinner. You deserve that thanks.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Thanks BC

My family is not the most well off, but we dont live a bad life, we do a few things a year to help out but a few more of them happen at Christmas time

My favorite is the giving trees at the mall, I always find a little tike and get a few good gift that cost a bunch more than what they want use to give but for that little guy and or girl, (wife gets one gender and I take the other) will have a good X-Mas

To be honest it is a lot of fun thinking about giving some kid you dont know a great Christmas that they normally dont or wont get.

It is a lot of fun, small things make a big difference
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    That's very thoughtful of you buddy!

That tree thing reminds me of Shop with a Cop. You do that in your area? We did that a couple weekends ago. I got two kids and they each got to spend a hundred bucks on themselves and presents for their families. Proabably one of the best experiences I had. I bet over 30-40 cops showed up for it.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Thread Information