Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Who has the most vanity, women or men?

Who spends the most time admiring themsellves iin a mirror, glancing at their reflections in store windows, throw out their chests, suck in their stomachs and do everything in their power to impress both sexes with their physical beauty and femininity / masculinity?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Cyborgs.

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I usually get to work and co-workers help me out by telling me I have something on my face, I missed a spot shaving... even help me finish getting dressed by fixing my collar

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Not me. As long as I am clean, clean-shaven, and my clothes are neat and clean I am happy. My hair has a way of doing whatever it wants to.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I remembered a recent "study" calculating how much time men and women spend in front of the mirror each day and went looking for it. Didn't locate it, but found this old gem in the process. It looks like there have been some transcription errors over the years, but the final total seems about what I remember the more recent one coming up with.

As for me, I check my teeth in the rear-view...

PARIS, Feb. 15 (1913). -- Lovers of statistics may be interested to know the calculations just made by a well-known authority here as to the amount of time the average woman spends before her mirror, between the ages of 6 and 70. Pie reckons that between 6 and 10 years she remains on the average seven minutes before the glass every day; from 10 to 15 years a quarter of an hour; from 15 to 20 years twenty- two minutes; from 25 to 30 years half an hour or thirty-five minutes, At this period the maximum is reached. The downward curve allows 24 minutes between 80 and 85 years, and eighteen minutes between the ages of 35 and 40 years. Finally between 50 and 60 the elderly woman finds six minutes enough to study her reflection. The figures for a lifetime reach the total of 349,575 minutes, or more than 242 days.

By Marconi Transatlantic Wireless Telegraph to The New York Times.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I spend quite a bit of time admiring myself, honestly. So in some cases I would say men as much or more than women.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retmilleo909 View Post
    Who spends the most time admiring themsellves iin a mirror, glancing at their reflections in store windows, throw out their chests, suck in their stomachs and do everything in their power to impress both sexes with their physical beauty and femininity / masculinity?

Honestly a toss up, but I'm going to say women. We may be concious of it, but once we're set, we're out the door. Women are doing the touch up, re-evaluating, etc.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    Honestly a toss up, but I'm going to say women. We may be concious of it, but once we're set, we're out the door. Women are doing the touch up, re-evaluating, etc.

Umm, I do a little bit of that.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Umm, I do a little bit of that.

Thread Information